Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Tomorrow's Celtic / Pacer game cancelled, will not be rescheduled.

sucks for anyone in fantasy playoffs that have either celtics or philly players.

They have to reschedule it. Don't they?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    They have to reschedule it. Don't they?
    No. It's literally a meaningless game. It's too late in the year to reschedule, it would have no effect on playoff standings, I don't know about Boston but it doesn't matter as far as Indy's draft position. Boston law enforcement obviously has bigger things to worry about.

Local High School Star

Large crowds in boston right now isn't a good idea. Just asking for trouble. I know this is a basketball forum but sports is not a priority.

I rule the local playground unknowns8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This is BS. Celtics and Pacers get extra rest now? The Knicks probable first 2 round opponents?

I personally find it disgusting that they would exploit the tragedy for their own gain. I am appalled. Pathetic.

The entire East playoffs are now tainted.

u poor misguided fool ... people lost lives and limbs today man ... show some respect and grow the f*ck up

I rule the local playground unknowns8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
    Large crowds in boston right now isn't a good idea. Just asking for trouble. I know this is a basketball forum but sports is not a priority.

this!

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    So... any playoff implications?
    No, they both stucked in 3rd and 7th

Banned

As long as all this game ticket buyers got refunded, I have no objection.

Considering the circumstances and the fact that both teams have locked up their seedings, I see no problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
    This.

No need for the game to be played. Both Indiana and Boston are locked in to their respective playoff positions.

Not only that a basketball game requires a lot of personnel but it's also hard for the Celtics players. Not only that tragedy happened in their city but also they have to worry about their friends and family. Even though most of the Celtics aren't originally from Boston they surely have friends and/or family in the city.

If the game really needs to be played just to have both teams at 82 games then just play it in some basketball facility without any fans or at Indy on Wednesday.

This benefits the old legs of Celtics better than it does Indy.

Decent playground baller

I really don't understand how people are focusing on who's taking profit of this situation...

This doesnt change anything for any team. Knicks will (or should) rest starters too, so whats with some NY fans here?

Cancellation was a sensible thing to do in these circumstances, there are more important things than a game.

NBA rookie of the year

Just play the game, even if its in a practice facility, as long as its an NBA size court.

I don't see why it has to be a big deal.