Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Things Kobe-haters say

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    Why the f*ck are you bringing up Lebron, dang what does he have to do with this thread at all? YALL are the main ones always wanting to start a kobe/lebron fan war. Sad yall are threatened by a dude 34 years old, out of his prime. Sorry Kobe didn't play in a weak ass eastern conference where you only gotta play 1 50+ win team to get to the finals. Kobe never played any .500 teams to get in the playoffs.

Shaq was so dominant right? Then why didn't his dominant a$$ win something until Kobe became a full starter in the NBA?

Pau Gasol-no playoff wins till teamed up with kobe. have a seat.

Lamar Odom- Inconsistent, but he was a great big man.

Solid role players? Have another seat.

Dwight and Nash wanted to come play with KOBE. They both called Kobe and wanted to play with HIM. The fact that the Lakers organization feels they can still build a team around a 34 year old who's out of his prime says something doesn't it?

In 01, Kobe averaged 29/7/6 on .469% shooting in the playoffs. This past year Lebron averaged 30/9/5 on .500% shooting in the playoffs. Clearly not that far apart at all, yet Kobe was carried b/c he didn't win the FMVP. Not saying Kobe's playoff run was BETTER, just showing how hypocritical you're being.

But I know damn well, you don't consider Magic to be carried to 2 of his rings since he didn't win FMVP do ya? You don't consider Kareem to be carried to 4 of his rings? You don't consider Shaq and Duncan to be carried to their last rings do you?

Is Kobe lucky? Maybe, but not anymore than any other all time great. They've ALL had great players around them at some point in time and that's a fact. Only Kobe gets criticized for it. And yall wonder why his stans overrate him.
    Sit down.

Lebron stans/kobe haters scrambling for cover.

Serious playground baller

"kobe is not the goat"

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtfomyface
    "kobe is not the goat"

He is for his generation

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    He is for his generation
    The 2006 season?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    The 2006 season?
    2000's decade.

Very good NBA starter

If Kobe makes the finals he'll once again be carried by 2 time mvp steve nash and the greatest defensive player of his generation Dwight Howard. If they lose it will all be due to Kome's chucking and overratedness!!!

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    This...this statement right here. Why do Kobe stans latch onto it like it actually proves something? Why? They put nothing into context, blatantly ignore every single circumstance Shaq was in from his rookie season through the 1998-1999 season, and think that him not winning a championship until Kobe became a starter and/or emerged proves something about Kobe's greatness.

I can live with all the other stuff but, this argument or whatever, no, just....no.

You can have a seat with the other haters too sir. I've read plenty of you're posts and it's clear that you are one of them kobe haters that this thread is about.

It does prove something. Fact of the matter is, if shaq was so dominant, if shaq was most dominant ever, if he basically 3 peated by himself, then why couldn't he do it until kobe came along? Better yet, why did he need Kobe to be a starter to win something? Since mr dominant, was so dominant lol, why didn't he win an MVP until Kobe was a starter? You haters like to blatantly ignore everything Kobe did during the 3 peat, so why should we blatantly ignore that Shaq didn't win a Finals game or MVP until Kobe became a starter?

Go head hater, respond. In the meantime have a seat with the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    You can have a seat with the other haters too sir. I've read plenty of you're posts and it's clear that you are one of them kobe haters that this thread is about.

It does prove something. Fact of the matter is, if shaq was so dominant, if shaq was most dominant ever, if he basically 3 peated by himself, then why couldn't he do it until kobe came along? Better yet, why did he need Kobe to be a starter to win something? Since mr dominant, was so dominant lol, why didn't he win an MVP until Kobe was a starter? You haters like to blatantly ignore everything Kobe did during the 3 peat, so why should we blatantly ignore that Shaq didn't win a Finals game or MVP until Kobe became a starter?

Go head hater, respond. In the meantime have a seat with the rest of them.
    I've argued this point countless other times in other threads, so I'm not going to do it again. And if you've read my other posts, you would know I'm not a Kobe "hater." I've never said Shaq "carried" Kobe during the 3-peat. I know Kobe was an integral part of those teams, and odds are Shaq never wins a title without Kobe.

My problem and "hate" is for the Kobe stans who latch on to things like "Shaq couldn't win without Kobe" as gospel without putting anything into context; like how his time in Orlando coincided with Michael Jordan's reign over the league and Hakeem Olajuwon at his peak. Shaq was very good before he joined the Lakers and Kobe emerged but he didn't win all because Kobe became a starter and was so good. While his stats in Orlando and LA were similar, he wasn't the same player his first 5-6 years in the league. It wasn't until he joined the Lakers did he become a more disciplined and dedicated defender, and developed a more refined post game; and about that same time another top 10 player all-time emerged and it created a dominant team.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I've argued this point countless other times in other threads, so I'm not going to do it again. And if you've read my other posts, you would know I'm not a Kobe "hater." I've never said Shaq "carried" Kobe during the 3-peat. I know Kobe was an integral part of those teams, and odds are Shaq never wins a title without Kobe.

My problem and "hate" is for the Kobe stans who latch on to things like "Shaq couldn't win without Kobe" as gospel without putting anything into context; like how his time in Orlando coincided with Michael Jordan's reign over the league and Hakeem Olajuwon at his peak. Shaq was very good before he joined the Lakers and Kobe emerged but he didn't win all because Kobe became a starter and was so good. While his stats in Orlando and LA were similar, he wasn't the same player his first 5-6 years in the league. It wasn't until he joined the Lakers did he become a more disciplined and dedicated defender, and developed a more refined post game; and about that same time another top 10 player all-time emerged and it created a dominant team.
    great post.
    But I think the only reason why anyone even says the bolded is because others always say "Kobe could never win without Shaq" or "Shaq carried Kobe", etc. You know you've seen things like that. It's just more of a counter argument against haters, imo, than an actual statement just in the blues.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    great post.
    But I think the only reason why anyone even says the bolded is because others always say "Kobe could never win without Shaq" or "Shaq carried Kobe", etc. You know you've seen things like that. It's just more of a counter argument against haters, imo, than an actual statement just in the blues.
    Right. I'll never say Kobe could've won without Shaq or Shaq could've won without Kobe from 2000-2004. They both needed each other. I don't know if 2000-2002 Shaq could've won a championship if that version was playing for the Magic from 1992-1996, either. Not because he didn't have Kobe, but because the Bulls/Jordan and Hakeem/Rockets were that good at the time.

But Kobe stans want to discredit a young and still developing Shaq for not winning without Kobe in a time when Jordan was keeping plenty of other HOFers from winning a ring.