Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: KG for Bledsoe & Butler?

I believe KG has a no trade clause so any deal that would go down would have to be with his approval. Don't like this trade for either team anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    As much as I love KG it's weird for both sides. From Celtics POV it's a PG till Rondo is back, long time backup or trade asset in Bledsoe who fits in with their defensive system. Butler though would be an 8 mill a year bench piece and the opposite of what they will want for a rebuild. For the Clippers KG is a huge boost at center but then we have an unhappy, 10 mill a year bench piece. Not to mention KG is 36 or so and will maintain a high level of play t ywars max. I mean he already almost retired last summer.
    All good points.

Seems moot to me though, because I don't see KG waiving his no-trade for this deal. Despite the record, he likes playing in Boston.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Lets not forget KG's no-trade clause.
    KG has a no-trade clause? Or is it a trade kicker? I thought only Dirk and Kobe have no-trade clauses.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

If the Celtics are going to blow the team up they can get a better deal for Garnett. With Green and Pierce the Cs have no use for Butler and Bledsoe is a reserve guard, of which the Cs have plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    KG has a no-trade clause? Or is it a trade kicker? I thought only Dirk and Kobe have no-trade clauses.
    Nope, full-blown no trade. Only four in the NBA this season.

I actually love this from just an NBA fan point of view. However, I hate this in the fact that it makes the Clippers insanely talented. Like I personally think it would make them the favorites to win it all after this trade. I mean some could say the Clippers are the favorites right now, if you add KG... I mean it's just scary.

I know Bledsoe gets madly over-rated, but he's really not nearly good enough that would make one consider this isn't an amazing deal for LAC.

I actually don't like this for Boston though. I think they can do better. I don't think Bledsoe is bad, but he's obviously much worse than Rondo and on the same level as Bradley IMO. I know Rondo is out for this year, but what do you do next year? Use one of your main assets off the bench (Bledsoe)? Trade one of them (Rondo's value will be lower because of the injury)?

Clippers fans won't like this because it's not as much of a steal for them... but I think this is something Boston would definitely do:

Jordan and Bledsoe for KG and Bradley.

KG takes all of Jordan's minutes at C. Bradley is a much better fit than Bledsoe, less of a PG but with Billups coming back they don't need a back up PG as much.

Jordan provides the center Boston has needed for like 5 years. When Rondo comes back next year, they should make a nasty duo.... even if their FT shooting will be atrocious. Bledsoe gives them a PG for this season and they probably hold onto the 8th seed if they don't trade Pierce too. They probably look to trade Bledsoe before he's up for an extension unless he really performs out of his mind.

Some other spots that have a nice package for KG and would be nice fits: Denver, Chicago, San Antonio and NY. They're all good teams that could make a finals run so he probably wouldn't say no to any of them.

There is no way in hell Boston does Avery for Bledsoe. None.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

There is no way in hell Boston does Avery for Bledsoe. None.
    Agreed. The big difference between the two is Bradley has proven he can score more consistently and hit open shots.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

To many guards, not enough bigs.

Banned

i think the celtics would rather have odom's expiring contract than butler

Lets not forget KG's no-trade clause. I don't see him waiving that for a deal where he becomes a bench player, even for a contender.
    KG would not mind. Contender + he gets to live in LA which is were his family lives in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    KG would not mind. Contender + he gets to live in LA which is were his family lives in the off season.
    Yes he would.

KG don't like change, he's a creature of habit. He's a Celtic at heart and if he gets traded, he will retire at the end of the season.

Banned

kg wouldn't become a bench player on the clippers. jordan technically starts but plays less than 25 mpg and rarely finishes games.

Good High School Starter

I really do not understand why OKC is not all over a KG deal already.
    They have the pieces, and KG would really make them the best team in the league.