Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on Michael Jordan, LeBron, winning championships, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad

I'm at the point now where I don't know if you n!ggas are trolling or really just dumb as hell.
    A little bit of column A and a little bit of column B. We've seen the type of numbers Kobe can put up without Shaq so I don't see why it's wrong to say that he'd have better numbers. People just hate for the sake of hating.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Mirko Cro Cop's Avatar

"Ultimately, I want to be known as a person who was just hell-bent on winning. If people say that about me, I'll be happy."

Spoken like a true alpha

I love LeBron but I've always liked Kobe because of his mentality, he's the definition of "driven"

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Does anyone actually think YMF is a good poster?
    he's a troll with an obvious kobe proping agenda.... so no

It's painfully obvious that Gobb_Junior is Lebron23. Posting like a robot

Quote Originally Posted by TheWINdyCity
    he's a troll with an obvious kobe proping agenda.... so no
    Which post of mine do you disagree with and why?

Shooting the messenger might help appease your insecurities but it does nothing to disprove anything that I ever written on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    How impressive?

Look at who they played in the weak east- not one superstar, injuries to Rose and Dwight, Lebron had Wade and Bosh, and played the youngest team in NBA finals history. So impressive.
    and on this post i got negged (not really sure i believe it's lebron23)
    F*ck you you black n*gger. I'm going to f*ck your n*gger mom. Lebron wil be the GOAT and is already better than Kobe. I'm going to neg you when I get unbanned as Lebron23 to make you even more red you bakla. -Gobb_Junior

"They look at the individual numbers Michael put up and those LeBron is putting up. My numbers are great, but I played with Shaq. So those numbers have to be looked at from that perspective. They didn't have to play with a 7-foot-1, 350-pound dominant force.
    this fkng loser without Shaq, yeah you'd have better numbers. but you'd have a career just like Iverson's you stupid motherfkr. remember when Shaq left, you couldn't even carry the team deep into the playoffs? you needed Gasol to get over the hump.

this is is the greatest quote Kobe said
    You can have all the talent in the world, but if the organization isn't making the smartest decisions, you're not going to win. Dominique Wilkins had a great career, but he never got to that [championship] level.
    that right there is him admitting that if he wasn't on the Lakers he'd be another Iverson or as he said, Dominique Wilkins. so can we finally stop blaming Lebron for being drafted by a shitty franchise?

How about owning a team? "Only if it's in a big market,"
    and Kobetards say Lebron is the biggest front-runner Kobe is an even bigger front runner than Lebron. look at this guy's whole career. refuses to be drafted by a small market team. pouts when he doesn't get a stacked team. then will only want to own a big market team. does that speak of a guy wanting to win through adversity and overcome challenges? doesn't that sound like a guy who wants to win the easy way? this is how big the difference is between Kobe and Jordan is. so kobetards, choke on that you motherfkng losers!

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    does that speak of a guy wanting to win through adversity and overcome challenges?
    Yes, his career and actions show us so.

doesn't that sound like a guy who wants to win the easy way?
    No, that sounds like lebron, who left his own team to join a stacked team with top 3 player and proven Champion Wade, and top 5 PF Bosh. That action spoke loudly: he gave up, he couldnt do it, he just wants it the easy way.

this is how big the difference is between Kobe/Jordan and Lebron is. so lebrontards, choke on that you motherfkng losers!
    fixed.

The more I read about him, the more I like him.

Kobe, the best!

It's sad.. from everything that I've seen, people dislike Kobe because of his fans, not because of him as a player. I think if people took a step back and just evaluated Kobe for who he is as a player, he'd have a lot more fans and a lot less hell-bent haters.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

isn't posting great stats and being the best player on a stacked team more impressive than being the only go to guy on a team? like a gem in a pile of rocks, or gem among the gems, u can't really judge them head to head though. That said LeBron led mo Williams and jamison, then today he leads Wade n bosh, don't think u can say the same for many players

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Then why was the market so weak for him.
    Because he was old and injury prone. A player's value isn't always based on how good he is. Paul George is more valuable than Kobe. Is he better? No. Not even close. But you get 10 more quality years out of George and a much better contract.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    "It does bother me that during your career, everyone says, 'Win championships.' Now, at the end of your career, they want to look at [individual] numbers. That drives me crazy a little."

great quote.
    I agree with kobe here thats why its a joke to compare him and lebron. He has 5 rings to lebrons 1. Kobe had shaq but lebron has much better teammates in bosh and wade. If he wants to beat kobe, then he should win at least 5 rings. Now for jordan, he won as the man for his 6 rings. So only 2 of kobes rings is comparable. So when it comes to ranking

jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>lebron

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    I love how Kobe makes it seem like playing with Shaq was some sort of burden or some shit.
    yet wants to credit the 3 rings as his own. And worse is that shaq clearly doesnt him need as evidenced by shaq winning with just a 6th man kobe.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    It's sad.. from everything that I've seen, people dislike Kobe because of his fans, not because of him as a player. I think if people took a step back and just evaluated Kobe for who he is as a player, he'd have a lot more fans and a lot less hell-bent haters.
    At times, yes...but him wanting his numbers to be looked at differently than other players and then harping on winning so much just seems absurd.

To put it simply, there was only 1 way in which Kobe wins his first 3 titles...Shaq. That's it. No other player in the league could have come in to the Lakers (assuming he doesn't get Duncan as a replacement) and allowed him to win those 3 titles.

Not to mention Kobe was just simply not good enough in his first 2 years to do what guys like Lebron, MJ, and Wade did. It wasn't until Kobe's 3rd season in which he became starter worthy really. And again...he still wasn't elite...probably wasn't elite until the 2nd of year 4 or beginning of year 5. And what happened then? He got up as many shots as anyone...

18 shots a game in 00 and 22 shots a game in 01...and he's been shooting more than anyone ever since...LOL