Page 29 of 130 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979129 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Yeah...UNC sucks. Dexter Strickland has to be the worst three year stater in UNC history. What f*** scrub and he was a 5* player coming out of high school.

MacAdoo should have left last year. He played 5 minutes a game and was being projected anywhere from 3-8.

Right now, he has already fallen out of the lottery. Gonna lose himself a lot of money and guaranteed playing time/patience.

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Like Kyle Singler?

He wasn't projected 3-8. It was more 9-16, according to what his parents said after he made the decision to comeback. If he were projected 3-8, I guarantee he would have left for the draft. I bet he still ends up drafted in the top 16.

And he wouldn't have been anywhere near ready for the NBA, not that he is right now. What's the saying? It's about the second contract, not the first. You don't want to be out of the league after your rookie deal. Don't be shortsighted.

Someone like Kendall Marshall made the right decision to leave when he did. Does anyone honestly think he would have fixed his major weaknesses in college to greatly improve his draft stock? Even if he managed to do so, at best he was a late lottery; which is the position Phoenix picked him up at, anyway... He wasn't going develop Lawson footspeed's or Lynch's defensive ability next year, the year after, or 50 year from now.

McAdoo, on the other hand, is far from a finished product. He wants to put the ball on the floor and attack, but he can't dribble very well. He wants to shoot, but his jumper is slightly above average AT BEST. Usually it looks worse. He has an idea of his game, it's a plausible way to develop considering his skill set, but that very skill set is not developed enough at this moment to bring out in a college setting.

Also Dex wasn't a 5 star, fwiw. He was when he was projected to be a PG in his class. He didn't end up one, dealt with an injury his senior year, and dropped to a high 4.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah...UNC sucks. Dexter Strickland has to be the worst three year stater in UNC history. What f*** scrub and he was a 5* player coming out of high school.
    Well they will make NCAA tournament at least, unlike UK which is going to NIT this year. Its difficult to rebuild a team with this many players left though, especially Kendal Marshall whos almost irreplaceable.

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

I deleted my long post. I'll save it for another board.

Just have to say that there are problems with this team. Coaching, talent to philosophy, expectations overblown, whatever... There's problems that are not easily fixable, atlhough can be before this season ends.
    Last edited by HB40TheNextStar; 01-07-2013 at 04:12 AM.

lol Duke up by 15 while shooting 29% from the field. Their opponent Clemson is like 12%.

DeWhooooooooo

lol Ohio State player misses a wide open dunk, and Purdue scored an own-goal.

PITT v Georgetown is a great reason you shouldn't hype teams up until conference play. PITT zipped the Hoyas up, Steven Adams looking like a top 3 pick in 2014

Pitt loses to Rutgers and then absolutely slaughter G-Town? At least it could be one decent looking win on our resume as long as G-Town doesn't have an awful Big East season.

Pitt @ Georgetown, exhibition of two below-average coaches.

Not a big fan of Jamie Dixon.

Unsuccessful troll attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Pitt loses to Rutgers and then absolutely slaughter G-Town? At least it could be one decent looking win on our resume as long as G-Town doesn't have an awful Big East season.
    yup. PITT crushed them inside and Tray Woodall was a one man press break. PITT was really well prepared for this game and G-Town never really couldn't stretch the floor without their usual inside scoring.

Adams really impressed me. Might be one of the quickest 7 footers I've ever seen. Doesn't make many mistakes, really mature game for a freshman no wonder he got so much hype coming into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    yup. PITT crushed them inside and Tray Woodall was a one man press break. PITT was really well prepared for this game and G-Town never really couldn't stretch the floor without their usual inside scoring.

Adams really impressed me. Might be one of the quickest 7 footers I've ever seen. Doesn't make many mistakes, really mature game for a freshman no wonder he got so much hype coming into the season.
    I've seen him live a couple of time and he is VERY raw. At times he will look lost on the court and he can be timid. Definitely a ton of potential but a lot of ups and downs are to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I've seen him live a couple of time and he is VERY raw. At times he will look lost on the court and he can be timid. Definitely a ton of potential but a lot of ups and downs are to be expected.
    On offense, yes. He's only had a couple of years experience playing organized ball. Considering that or not, he is a monster on defence. Come the end of the season I think he will be light years ahead of where he is today.