Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Dan Gilbert's open letter to Cavs fans

At Gilbert. Just embarrassing the Cavs franchise even moreso.

Cavs aren't making the playoffs, let alone winning a title anytime soon.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    Dan Gilbert
    He mad.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

WTAM is reading the letter over the air for the 2nd time now in the last 10 minutes. They're acting like Gilbert is a hero for this ridiculous letter, which it feels to me like he dictated to someone after 5 shots of hard liquor.

Hellbound

He went hard on him, but he also had a hand in the creation of the monster. Whoops. Shoulda kept the leash shorter.

This is a messy break up.

Dunking on everybody in the park Court Vision's Avatar

I hope LeBron drops 50 on his pathetic team and awful city.

LeBron made the best decision for HIM. Not his legacy, or bball fans, or Dan f*cking Gilbert.

The guy sounds like a whiny b*tch right now who just got dumped. This letter is the classic "you're gonna want me back when I'm rich" line that people say after a breakup.

Cleveland will win won before LeBron? LMAO with who? No one wants to play in that dead town.

Gilbert should be thanking James for the past seven years and all he has done for that team.

In 7 years, they could never put a good team around LeBron. Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, a broken down Shaq...what a joke.

Approved by Dan Gilbert

Banned

"Umad?"

This is very bizarre.

As much as Gilbert and Cleveland are upset at the situation, Lebron is hardly the first free agent to leave a team. Lebron has to stay there his whole career because.....why?

I think he might regret that letter. Why isolate yourself from Lebron's eventual legacy? Ya know what I mean?

Seems unprofessional to me.

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    Dan Gilbert
    He mad.
    yeah...he mad

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

LOL @ non-Cavs fans telling the Cavs owner how to feel.

Cleveland needed this. He's officially one of us now. He made mistakes dealing with LeBron, but that's in the past.

What a f*cking awesome read.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I'm laughing so hard right now.
    I'm so serious. That shit got me so f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking hyped up. I didn't even hate LeBron for going to Miami before I read this. I need to see this happen now. The Cavs need to win a championship before LeBron does. I don't think I'll get any sleep tonight.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Court Vision
    I hope LeBron drops 50 on his pathetic team and awful city.

LeBron made the best decision for HIM. Not his legacy, or bball fans, or Dan f*cking Gilbert.

The guy sounds like a whiny b*tch right now who just got dumped. This letter is the classic "you're gonna want me back when I'm rich" line that people say after a breakup.

Cleveland will win won before LeBron? LMAO with who? No one wants to play in that dead town.

Gilbert should be thanking James for the past seven years and all he has done for that team.

In 7 years, they could never put a good team around LeBron. Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, a broken down Shaq...what a joke.
    I hope he does the chalk routine when he goes back to cleveland.

How is it disloyal to leave a crappy franchise who was too incompetent to build a team around the best player in the league? How can you call the guy a traitor when he gave 7 years and brought more success than any other Cav? Any other player who was NOT from the area would have left after their rookie deals. But he stayed. And he tried, and failed. And you want to call him a traitor because he had the right to leave a crappy franchise and not waste the rest of his career there like KG?

Sorry Gilbert, but YOU are the traitor who can't run a team. They can't draft, they can't win, and oh my will you ever look back on Lebron's time there with envy because you aren't getting back to that level any time soon.

Wow. When I read it, I thought it was fake. If that is his real statement he is totally unprofessional and an ungrateful douche. It's unbelievable, you just don't expect something like that from a successful businessperson.

NBA rookie of the year

Regardless of whether or not Lebron "betrayed" the city of Cleveland, this comes off as EXTREMELY petty and unbecoming of any adult, much less the owner of a franchise. I'd be shocked if it turns out to be legitimate. After all, NONE of the owners of NBA teams got as wealthy as they are without doing things FAR more questionable than signing with a different team. Fact.