Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: How much respect have you lost for Ray Allen?

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    There are MULTIPLE reasons why he left Celtics, not just one. He even said that in the interview. Lots of people seem to think it's just one reason he went to Miami.
    Rondo. Trade rumors. Being benched for Bradley. The 3 main things I remember people talking about. Not sure how much of it were true or not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Rondo. Trade rumors. Being benched for Bradley. The 3 main things I remember people talking about. Not sure how much of it were true or not.
    Only Allen knows, but we can speculate and those three are part of it.

Other possibilities:
    -Declining usage with less plays run through Allen. He wanted some plays added (like in the post against a mismatch), but Doc stuck with the same system with Rondo having the ball and Ray being the decoy
    -Unknown future direction of the Celtics. This kind of coincides with trade rumors. Are the Celtics going to blow up or are they going to fight it out?
    -Heat showed more interest in getting Allen's services than Celtics. Pat Riley persuaded him on how they are going to use Allen and how Allen can make an impact
    -Golf course
    -Warm
    -He felt hospitals in Miami took just as much care for his son as in Boston
    -Contract situation. Every Celtics player from free agency seem to have 3 years. He gets 2 with less money.
    -It's best for his family. I think his mom has a house in Orlando.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease eSOL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Ray took less money to play for a worse team. Pathetic.
    1st seed says otherwise.

Local High School Star

Zero respect for joining this crew.

There's only one thing that makes this whole Heat conspiracy "okay". In twenty years, when people are talking about great teams, the Heat will not be mentioned casually. People will always talk Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Bulls, but the Heat - because absolute hatred has existed - will not be mentioned.

Can't wait for Ray Allen, like every other Heat player, to retire.

In before everyone else,

Butt Hurt in Cleveland (think of something new)

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    If there wasn't a salary cap Noah would have been in Miami if they wanted him. It's like soccer, Barca and Real Madrid get every player they want or baseball with the Yankees. Noah isn't in Chicago because he's loyal or some dumb shit like that. Let's be real, he's there because they are a good team, in a good city and they are the team that can offer him the most money.
    You don't know your own team's players, heck you don't even know what your team is, so I will excuse you for not being aware of Noah's hatred for the Heat and Lebron in particular. He would shave his head before pissing in Miami's locker room, let alone join them.

LOL

Fukk Boston, Ray Allen wasn't drafted by the Celtics. Ray was traded to the Celtics, then disrespected. Benched for the great Avery Bradley. Ray owes his allegiance to Seattle, he joined to Heat so he could fukk wit clay bennett.

Bunch of fukkin fans thinking these professional athletes owe a god damn city anything is beyond hilarious. bunch of conditioned nationalistic fukkin knuckleheads.

Dunking on everybody in the park gin17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    How b*tchmade is he for joining the Heat because the Celtics couldn't beat them? If he had no rings it would've been understandable, but he had already won one with the Celtics in 2008.

"If you can't beat them, join them".
    if that's what you think, then how much bigger of a b*tch lebron is

also, the reason is mostly because of issues with rondo and the team wanting to trade him. if the team is not loyal to him and treating him well, then why should he.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    Only Allen knows, but we can speculate and those three are part of it.

Other possibilities:
    -Declining usage with less plays run through Allen. He wanted some plays added (like in the post against a mismatch), but Doc stuck with the same system with Rondo having the ball and Ray being the decoy
    -Unknown future direction of the Celtics. This kind of coincides with trade rumors. Are the Celtics going to blow up or are they going to fight it out?
    -Heat showed more interest in getting Allen's services than Celtics. Pat Riley persuaded him on how they are going to use Allen and how Allen can make an impact
    -Golf course
    -Warm
    -He felt hospitals in Miami took just as much care for his son as in Boston
    -Contract situation. Every Celtics player from free agency seem to have 3 years. He gets 2 with less money.
    -It's best for his family. I think his mom has a house in Orlando.
    The Celtics had also signed Jason Terry while Ray was deciding what to do. Probably didnt help matters in terms of not knowing what his role would be.

In fact, none of the Heat are to be respected really. They got the next 2 championships locked up, yet not an ounce of respect gained.

I usually hit open layups

Memphis offered him more than Miami. If he really cared about a role, he wouldnt have went to Miami. His decision to join Miami was made up before he was even a free agent.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. NBA
    Memphis offered him more than Miami.
    No they didn't. The Grizzlies were pressed up against the tax threshold, and only had the tax payers mid-level at their disposal, same as Miami.

Saw a basketball once

I lost most of my respect for him long before joining the Heat. His btchmade comments directed at Kobe when Allen was with Seattle caused me to detest him. And he's a UConn guy, so it takes a lot for me to turn on a former Husky.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theesquireof212
    I lost most of my respect for him long before joining the Heat. His btchmade comments directed at Kobe when Allen was with Seattle caused me to detest him. And he's a UConn guy, so it takes a lot for me to turn on a former Husky.
    His comments about Kobe then were 100% correct. Please quote them here to show how foolish your statement is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theesquireof212
    How are the comments bitchmade? It was how he perceived Kobe, and his statements were justified considering A) he played against Kobe and B) it happened to be true.

Yeah, I lost respect for him. The only time ring chasing is acceptable is hen the player hasn't ever won one and is down to his last few seasons of his career.