Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Now a Cavs fan again

Default Re: YOUR top 10 players of all-time

Kobe is definitely not ahead of LeBron. Silly Kobe stans. Bird and Hakeem have no business being ahead of LeBron either.

1. Jordan
    2. Wilt
    3. Kareem
    4. Russell
    5. LeBron
    6. Magic
    7. Shaq
    8. Duncan
    9. Bird
    10. Hakeem

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

1. Jordan
    2. Kareem
    3. Wilt
    4. Russell
    5. Magic/Bird
    7. Shaq
    8. Kobe
    9. Duncan
    10. Lebron (yes already ahead of Hakeem - all nba first team only 3 times in the 90's - and ready to surpass Duncan, Kobe and Shaq in the near future - And I don't even like him).

Just for fun:

11. Olajuwon
    12. Oscar Robertson
    13. Jerry West
    14. Moses Malone
    15. Dr. J
    16. Elgin Baylor
    17. Havlicek
    18. Isaiah Thomas
    19. Bob Pettit
    20. Karl Malone.

Edit: Forgot Moses Malone.
    Last edited by lakers_forever; 06-27-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

1. MJ
    2. Duncan
    3. Shaq
    4. Kobe
    5. Lebron
    6. Garnett
    7. Wade
    8. D. Nowitzki
    9. Kidd
    10. Chris Webber

I'm not listing people before my time obviously.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    If you believe that Kobe deserved all those All-NBA and All- Defensive First Teams, you're as delusional as Simmons. Who would you rather have right now, to start a franchise? 38/17/3/3 on 61%, 33/16/5/3 on 57%, 36/12/4/3 on 60%. Would've won 4 Rings and 4 FMVP's, if a certain someone didn't choke in '04. Also, lets not forget that Kobe is one of the worst Finals performer of all time (for a top 10 player).

As I said before, I don't need to read a damn book to figure out who's better. I watched both Kobe and Shaq play and ten times out of ten, I'd pick Shaq. If you need a book to figure out which player is better, .
    Now I'm not going to dispute you on Kobe's last few defensive team awards, as he didn't deserve them. But saying that Kobe didn't deserve all nba 1st team is just flat out stupid. It's obvious you have not been watching the NBA for long, otherwise you'd take this discussion a whole lot better. You can bring up efficiency numbers all you want, but at the end of the day that's all you've got. Kobe won more titles, more accolades and has had a longer and more storied career than Shaq overall. There is nothing you can say that can change that fact, I'm sorry. Kobe has 5 titles vs 4, 11x 1st team selection vs 8x, 2 olympic gold vs 1, 4x allstargame MVP vs 3 and so on and so on...

Shaq had one of the most dominant seasons ever in 2000, but fact remains that Kobe has played at a consistently high level for longer than Shaq ever did, and therefore he will ultimately also be ranked higher. Longevity matters, otherwise you'd see players like Bill Walton ranked far higher. In his first four years in his career, he achieved more than any other player in such a short span.

Oh this is easy.

1. Jordan
    2. Jabbar
    3. Russell
    4. Magic
    5. Wilt
    6. Bird
    7. Shaq
    8. Hakeem
    9. Duncan
    10. LeBron

It's ugly ass B.Walton

1. Jordan
    2. Kareem
    3. Russell
    4. Magic
    5. Shaq
    6. Duncan
    7. Kobe
    8. Bird
    9. Hakeem

Yes, Bird at 8. His long list of playoff failures and chokes far exceeds those of other Top 10 GOATS. It's just that back in the days, they were pretty much hidden by the media.

This is a Top 9 list because I know Wilt belongs in there but I haven't
    got any friggin clue about him, except that he's OP in 2k.

[QUOTE=K

Decent playground baller razzredazzre's Avatar

1. MJ
    2. Kareem
    3. Magic
    4. Hakeem
    5. Bird
    6. Bill Russel
    7. Wilt
    8. Kobe
    9. Duncan
    10. Shaq

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by havoc33
    Kobe has 5 titles vs 4, 11x 1st team selection vs 8x, 2 olympic gold vs 1, 4x allstargame MVP vs 3 and so on and so on...
    Really? You think ASG matters? At all?

Shaq's titles > Kobe's titles to me.

There is a perception that Shaq didn't play long due to his lack of conditioning. But he had a lengthier career than most bigs. He carried his team to the NBA Finals in 94 (where he was schooled by Dream). He didn't drop below a PER of 26.4 until his last season with LAL in 2004 (11 seasons later). He became an elite 2nd option and won a title in 06 as a second option with Wade. And if you count 22.2/13.2 @56.2% from the field (rookie campaign) he went 14 stright seasons of outstanding production. If you excuse Kobe's first 3 seasons (his 3rd was still <20ppg) he is only 14 seasons in and Shaq's 14 years CRUSHES Kobe's. In fact, Kobe is still looking to catch him in WS and Shaq's career 26.4 PER DUSTS Kobe.

And that doesn't even speak to peak play. Kobe has played at a tremendous level for 14 years but his advanced stats have never impressed anyone. He has never been top 3 in PER for instance. Meanwhile, Shaq was #1 5 straight years. Shaq also had 7 seasons where his PLAYOFF PER was >27. Kobe has none.

I realize I am fighting an up hill battel but I don't see how Kobe could possibly be > Shaq.

I don't do GOAT lists anymore, but it's interesting how everybody simultaneously decides to include the same players, over and over. Is there an ocean separating them from your next tier? Does everybody have identical criteria, and the exact same ten players happen to meet them (in generally the same, or at least similar order)? Not that I have a huge problem with it. It's just strange.

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    Jordan
    Kobe
    Magic
    Kareem
    Bird
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Wilt
    Russell
    Lebron
    Kobe #2? Russell #9? Really?

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

1) Jordan
    2) Kareem
    3) Russell
    4) Magic
    5) Wilt
    6) Bird
    7) Kobe
    8) Duncan
    9) Shaquille
    10) LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Really? You think ASG matters? At all?

Shaq's titles > Kobe's titles to me.

There is a perception that Shaq didn't play long due to his lack of conditioning. But he had a lengthier career than most bigs. He carried his team to the NBA Finals in 94 (where he was schooled by Dream). He didn't drop below a PER of 26.4 until his last season with LAL in 2004 (11 seasons later). He became an elite 2nd option and won a title in 06 as a second option with Wade. And if you count 22.2/13.2 @56.2% from the field (rookie campaign) he went 14 stright seasons of outstanding production. If you excuse Kobe's first 3 seasons (his 3rd was still <20ppg) he is only 14 seasons in and Shaq's 14 years CRUSHES Kobe's. In fact, Kobe is still looking to catch him in WS and Shaq's career 26.4 PER DUSTS Kobe.

And that doesn't even speak to peak play. Kobe has played at a tremendous level for 14 years but his advanced stats have never impressed anyone. He has never been top 3 in PER for instance. Meanwhile, Shaq was #1 5 straight years. Shaq also had 7 seasons where his PLAYOFF PER was >27. Kobe has none.

I realize I am fighting an up hill battel but I don't see how Kobe could possibly be > Shaq.
    lol at advanced stats.

1. Michael Jordan
    1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    3. Bill Russell
    4. Larry Bird
    5. Shaquille O'Neal
    6. Wilt Chamberlain
    7. Magic Johnson
    8. Tim Duncan
    9. Kobe Bryant
    10. Hakeem Olajuwon or LeBron James