Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default The Order 1886 full FIVE-HOUR playthrough leaked....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the.../1100-6425327/

Oh, and the unskippable cutscenes take up half of that playtime.

2015 getting off to a fantastic start.

Default Re: The Order 1886 full FIVE-HOUR playthrough leaked....

I've read that it's an anomaly and most people took about 10 hours to finish it.

You know what, game looks amazing. Tons of personality and flair, it looks great, a little cutscene heavy but probably great to plow through over a weekend.

That it's only 5 hours long doesn't bother me, because I never buy games blind. I know it's very short, I can wait until it's 15 bucks. For the people who pre-bought it or will buy it without doing their research it does kind of suck though. Then again maybe it will teach them to be a slightly smarter consumer.

NBA lottery pick

Not all that surprised by negativity surrounding this game, none of the videos I've seen have made it look like anything I'd be interested in. Standard 3rd person cover base shooter with a heavy emphasis on cinematics. Not for me, does look pretty though.
    Last edited by Kungfro; 02-16-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Banned

I'm going to wait on reviews or to pick it up when it drops in price.

From what I've heard getting the play time up to 10+ hours is if you look for collectibles which I don't normally do, the game is linear so the play through doesn't skip any actual gameplay content. 5 hours with half that being cutscenes means there's no chance I pay full price for it. Apparently another guy has clips of him getting the top trophy and found everything in his first 9 hour play through.

Apparently a few chapters were left out of the video, and it is more in line with 8-12 hours. I'm not sure when this became "short", but I'm fine with it considering I barely have any time to play games at all.

I'm pretty sure games like Uncharted, MGS, Resident Evil and all that approximately took me that long in total game time, so not a big deal IMO. I think people are trying to find stuff to complain about.

I hope it's a bit longer than 5 hours, but I'm totally fine with it being 8-10 hours, as long the whole game is enjoyable and memorable. It's about quality, not quantity. Skyrim is WAY longer than The Last of Us, but TLoU is a much, much better game. That's just one example. The original Gears of War was only 5 or 6 hours and that was one of the best single player experiences of the 7th gen. I can go on and on.

Not every game needs to be open world with tons of filler and fetch quests. Gamers are too obsessed with grinding for XP and shit. I guess that's how Destiny got so popular...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I hope it's a bit longer than 5 hours, but I'm totally fine with it being 8-10 hours, as long the whole game is enjoyable and memorable. It's about quality, not quantity. Skyrim is WAY longer than The Last of Us, but TLoU is a much, much better game. That's just one example. The original Gears of War was only 5 or 6 hours and that was one of the best single player experiences of the 7th gen. I can go on and on.

Not every game needs to be open world with tons of filler and fetch quests. Gamers are too obsessed with grinding for XP and shit. I guess that's how Destiny got so popular...
    Destiny is horrible.

I wouldn't call it popular either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent

Speak for yourself, I thought the last of us was the most over rated game in history and seemed to think gameplay is not important in a video game. The last of us at least gave us a decent length but the gameplay was a boring mediocre system, the level design was outdated and lazy and the AI was flat out broken. The character development and production values made it an enjoyable game but it's far from being one of the top games in my books. You are also missing the fact that the last of us took around 12 hours to finish and gears of war had multiplayer modes and co op and also had innovative gameplay at the time. The order is 5-10 hours IF you look for collectibles with unskippable cutscenes (even when re playing) and no alternate paths or upgrade system like the last of us had to at least make play throughs a little different.

Any way there's reviews popping up in favor of the order on some sites but there's users posting their own reviews on others, from what I've seen the length is 5-8 hours with part of that cut scenes and some people complaining there's large sections where you are forced to walk slowly to pad out the length....
    Last edited by outbreak; 02-18-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Speak for yourself, I thought the last of us was the most over rated game in history and seemed to think gameplay is not important in a video game. The last of us at least gave us a decent length but the gameplay was a boring mediocre system, the level design was outdated and lazy and the AI was flat out broken. The character development and production values made it an enjoyable game but it's far from being one of the top games in my books. You are also missing the fact that the last of us took around 12 hours to finish and gears of war had multiplayer modes and co op and also had innovative gameplay at the time. The order is 5-10 hours IF you look for collectibles with unskippable cutscenes (even when re playing) and no alternate paths or upgrade system like the last of us had to at least make play throughs a little different.

Any way there's reviews popping up in favor of the order on some sites but there's users posting their own reviews on others, from what I've seen the length is 5-8 hours with part of that cut scenes and some people complaining there's large sections where you are forced to walk slowly to pad out the length....
    Of course you thought it was overrated.

You try and come off as an impartial gamer that doesn't pick sides, yet you're clearly against Sony products.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Of course you thought it was overrated.

You try and come off as an impartial gamer that doesn't pick sides, yet you're clearly against Sony products.
    Then why do I own a vita, ps4, ps2, and psone. I sold my ps3 and I don't own a psp so you have me on those though. Growing up I always had sega and then sony once the psone hit. Just because I didn't think the last of us was very good doesn't mean I don't like other sony based franchises either, I'm pumped for uncharted and love that series (except for the vita entry which is ok but just feel like a poor imitation of the console version). The problem is that this generation sony haven't offered me anything yet besides little big planet that I've enjoyed rest assured though that when they do put out some of their other big titles I'll be posting good comments if I like them. I'm happy to admit that I liked the last of us and I thought it was a good game but at the same time I just don't see it being anywhere near a perfect score based on it's gameplay. I'd have it at a 7-8/10 which is good but not a 10/10.

The order is actually one of the reasons I bought my ps4 and so I'm disappointed by how it looks to have turned out. I'll probably pick it up once the price drops because over here it's still listed at $99 which is on the high end of a new release to begin with.
    Last edited by outbreak; 02-18-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Then why do I own a vita, ps4, ps2, and psone. I sold my ps3 and I don't own a psp so you have me on those though. Growing up I always had sega and then sony once the psone hit. Just because I didn't think the last of us was very good doesn't mean I don't like other sony based franchises either, I'm pumped for uncharted and love that series (except for the vita entry which is ok but just feel like a poor imitation of the console version). The problem is that this generation sony haven't offered me anything yet besides little big planet that I've enjoyed rest assured though that when they do put out some of their other big titles I'll be posting good comments if I like them. I'm happy to admit that I liked the last of us and I thought it was a good game but at the same time I just don't see it being anywhere near a perfect score based on it's gameplay. I'd have it at a 7-8/10 which is good but not a 10/10
    You constantly take little jabs at PS4 and Sony trying to make their product look inferior or worse than Xbox.

I don't care, nor do I mind. I don't get the console wars thing. I'm just calling it as I see it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    You constantly take little jabs at PS4 and Sony trying to make their product look inferior or worse than Xbox.

I don't care, nor do I mind. I don't get the console wars thing. I'm just calling it as I see it.
    Probably because I've been disappointed with sony's offerings so far. I've made comments about the lack of games, the noise my console makes at times and the thumb sticks wearing quickly that I re call. The games I've always said will come this year though.

Probably look more in favour of xbox this generation because I don't have any complaints about the console so far beyond the problems I'm having with them listing lords of the fallen in their current sale and then removing it but I'm waiting for their support to get back to me on that as we speak. Also I've complained about it's install times.

I was always planning on buying all the systems (I have the wii u and 3ds as well, think I'll pass on the 'new' 3ds though) but bought my xbox first purely because I liked the launch line up more. I've always told people on here to buy whichever console has their favourite games and their friends are playing on.

I think the whole console war is stupid too and it irritates me when people try to put forward bullshit about one of the consoles or try to mindlessly defend a console/game that has issues because it betters the standing of their preferred console. I'll happily admit when something I buy has problems because I want to get it fixed.
    Last edited by outbreak; 02-18-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Probably because I've been disappointed with sony's offerings so far. I've made comments about the lack of games, the noise my console makes at times and the thumb sticks wearing quickly that I re call. The games I've always said will come this year though.

Probably look more in favour of xbox this generation because I don't have any complaints about the console so far beyond the problems I'm having with them listing lords of the fallen in their current sale and then removing it but I'm waiting for their support to get back to me on that as we speak.

I was always planning on buying all the systems (I have the wii u and 3ds as well, think I'll pass on the 'new' 3ds though) but bought my xbox first purely because I liked the launch line up more. I've always told people on here to buy whichever console has their favourite games and their friends are playing on.
    I don't doubt that you say that, but you clearly like to get in jabs.

Lack of games? You constantly said that but Sony probably has better exclusives out then Xbox has to this point.