Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Shaq Statue Before Kobe's?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    youd think kobe would have 5 statues in china by now with the way they worship him over there

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry
    lol i think alphawolf is in there

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

If the Lakers had a statue for every legendary player there would be no room, doubt shaq gets one. I think Kobe will though.

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Shaq won't get a statue. Kobe maybe someday off in the future

Banned

these are the possible statues for kobe ( who knows maybe nash or howard could get in based one 2 options )

i think its ludicrous and appalling that anybody would say Shaq shouldnt get a statue. In the history of the NBA only 5 teams have accomplished a 3peat,
    1952–54 Minneapolis Lakers, 1959–66 Boston Celtics (Eight Championships), 1991–93 Chicago Bulls, 1996–98 Chicago Bulls, 2000–02 Los Angeles Lakers

Of those teams look at the teams best players

1952–54 Minneapolis Lakers - George Mikan - Has a statue at Target Center

1959-66 Boston Celtics - Bill Russell - Getting a statue next year (http://radioboston.wbur.org/2012/05/...russell-statue)

1991-93 & 96-98 Bulls - Jordan - Has a statue at United Center

Now i think its pretty stupid that somebody would argue against Shaq having a statue. If Kobe was going to get one then i think Shaq deserves to be in there before Kobe does, Laker fans use Kobes championships as their arguments substance all the time so therefore its obvious championships are what they value most, no? So therefore the players who as the leader win championships should be remember and therefore Shaq 3> has a better case than Kobe 2. Three-peats are ridiculous impressive, they never happen, it takes special players to win them as you can see by the small list ( Mikan,Russell,Jordan,Shaq)

EDIT: Not saying that Kobe dosnt deserve one BTW. Just that Shaq deserves it more.

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1
    He should, probably won't

this

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1
    i think its ludicrous and appalling that anybody would say Shaq shouldnt get a statue. In the history of the NBA only 5 teams have accomplished a 3peat,
    1952–54 Minneapolis Lakers, 1959–66 Boston Celtics (Eight Championships), 1991–93 Chicago Bulls, 1996–98 Chicago Bulls, 2000–02 Los Angeles Lakers

Of those teams look at the teams best players

1952–54 Minneapolis Lakers - George Mikan - Has a statue at Target Center

1959-66 Boston Celtics - Bill Russell - Getting a statue next year (http://radioboston.wbur.org/2012/05/...russell-statue)

1991-93 & 96-98 Bulls - Jordan - Has a statue at United Center

Now i think its pretty stupid that somebody would argue against Shaq having a statue. If Kobe was going to get one then i think Shaq deserves to be in there before Kobe does, Laker fans use Kobes championships as their arguments substance all the time so therefore its obvious championships are what they value most, no? So therefore the players who as the leader win championships should be remember and therefore Shaq 3> has a better case than Kobe 2. Three-peats are ridiculous impressive, they never happen, it takes special players to win them as you can see by the small list ( Mikan,Russell,Jordan,Shaq)

EDIT: Not saying that Kobe dosnt deserve one BTW. Just that Shaq deserves it more.

its kinda funny how minneapolis still holds onto a franchise/player that hasnt been there for 50 years

mikan should have a statue outside staples. hes part of laker history. where a team plays doesnt matter. its the name and players that do.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    its kinda funny how minneapolis still holds onto a franchise/player that hasnt been there for 50 years

mikan should have a statue outside staples. hes part of laker history. where a team plays doesnt matter. its the name and players that do.
    Tell that to the Seattle Supersonics, ask them how their recent trip to the NBA finals went.

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

[QUOTE=Kews1]i think its ludicrous and appalling that anybody would say Shaq shouldnt get a statue. In the history of the NBA only 5 teams have accomplished a 3peat,

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked
    It's not a numbers game. It's a popularity thing. Titles have nothing to do with, numbers have nothing to do with it. Who gets a statue is based on popularity with the fans and with the ownership of the Lakers. Shaw burned a lot of ground when he left LA, threw a lot of very important people under the bus including Buss and Mitch. He'll be lucky if he gets his jersey retired before Kobe.
    I know, i was just saying based on the facts of actual performance and what should happen Shaq's more deserving than most. I personally dont think he will and i posted on the first page saying he probably wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands of Iron
    Isn't he getting his jersey retired this season?
    i believe so

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    I doubt Shaq even gets a statue.

A similar example would be if Lebron gets a statue in Cleveland.
    Uh no that would be Shaq getting a statue in Orlando.

If you believe that both players should get a statue, then Shaq's should naturally be first. It's a timing matter. Shaq is older, retired first, jersey retired first and ended his time as a laker first. It's just a matter of chronological order.

To be honest, Kareem should have had one before Magic.

[QUOTE=Kews1]i think its ludicrous and appalling that anybody would say Shaq shouldnt get a statue. In the history of the NBA only 5 teams have accomplished a 3peat,