Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: The Walking Dead Video Game

I got ****ed by the Gamestop guy. The disc I bought I was told was just the game install and the first episode. But I could buy the season pass through them too. So I bought the season pass, but when I loaded the disc, I had all five episodes. I have no need for the season pass they charged me 20 bucks for.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I got ****ed by the Gamestop guy. The disc I bought I was told was just the game install and the first episode. But I could buy the season pass through them too. So I bought the season pass, but when I loaded the disc, I had all five episodes. I have no need for the season pass they charged me 20 bucks for.
    That guy screwed you over. I bought the season pass for $20 back when the first episode came out and that allowed me to download each episode as it came out. If I were you I'd go back and get you your $20.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    That guy screwed you over. I bought the season pass for $20 back when the first episode came out and that allowed me to download each episode as it came out. If I were you I'd go back and get you your $20.

There's no returns on the download codes. And frankly I'd rather have the disc because I'm running low on Hard Drive Space at the moment (I'm getting the new 500 gig PS3 for Christmas, otherwise I'd already have bought it ... Anyone know the procedure for tranfering data from one PS to another?).

I wound up giving the online code to my little cousing, who's 16, and probably isn't mature enough to really get into this.

I finished episode one last night. It's obvious this is something I'm gonna enjoy. I'm already overly protective of Clem. My decision making has been kind of by the guy so far. I'm not trying to be overly badass or mean. But I'm not being the nicest guy either.
    I didn't particularly trust Herschal when he wouldn't let us in the house, so my gut when I talked to him was to not give him the full story about who I was. I was aggressively protective of Kenny and Duck in the Drug store, because frankly Larry was acting like an asshole. But I've been pretty straightforward with Carley and Clem about my past.

I was a little surprised when I finished that I was in the minority on 4 of the 5 things they measured in the episode.

I lied to Herschal, which was a minority, albeit a small one.

I don't remember them all, but the only one I was in the majority on was that I saved Carley instead of Doug, which frankly was a no brainer. She's hot, she's got a gun, she kicked ass rescuing Glenn instead as opposed to Doug who was just a jerk every time I tried to play with the lock on the gate. I mean it was cool that he knew how to work that universal remote, but otherwise, meh.

My only gripe is that I wish once I've completed a dialogue sequence with someone, they wouldn't let me go back and talk to them, because the Obsessive Compulsive in me is circling around a setting two and three times re-checking everything, and I'm always worried someone will have something new to say, and if they don't, I'd prefer they didn't wast my precious load time by letting me as Lilly "how you doin'?" a sixth time.

Otherwise, totally awesome so far. I really like the handling of the action quick time events. I feel genuine pressure at times.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I had a feeling you'd like it because it has zombies, it's not in the first person perspective, and the story is great. I like how they compare your choices to others' choices. I would say I match up with the majority about 60% of the time. I tend to be trusting unless I have a bad feeling about somebody.

So I did end up finishing this, I just went into episode 5 with no save. The story was very good, but I'm not really going to take this in consideration for "Game of the Year" like so many critics seem to do.

In the end this game is not as much an innovation as it is simply a reinvention of the Japanese Visual Novel style games, cleverly adapted for the western market. The main criticism for me is that for a interactive story like this, the story branching never really seems to come to full fruition. Yes the choices you make impact the story somewhat, but usually the choices are resolved in the same episode. Or they only change a line of dialogue here and there. In the end you really have not changed the fate of any of the main characters, which is a missed opportunity if you ask me. Things should branch out at least a little.

That said the story is definitely much better than the norm in videogames, even for a story-heavy game.

I just got to the dairy farm, did all my snooping. Went out to scout the Bandit camp, came back, snooped some more, and I just sat down to dinner when the 1:00 football games were about to start, so I turned it off.

I'm very much enjoying the story. And the graphicness of it is quite brutal. Even moreso than usual because of the realness of the characters in most other respects.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Cried my ****ing balls off. This is why im never having kids. I care too much for a freaking video game character, I cant imagine what would happen in real life.

Just finished episode 5. Cried like a little bitch

No game or movie has had that sort of an effect on me before.

Quote Originally Posted by DropStep
    Cried my ****ing balls off. This is why im never having kids. I care too much for a freaking video game character, I cant imagine what would happen in real life.
    Clementine is EASILY the best child character I've ever seen in a movie or game. I usually hate kids in movies and games, but they hit it out of the park with this character.

I just finished last night, and overall was really impressed. I was nearly moved to tears at the end. It wouldn't have been possible for them to show Clementine meet up with Christa and Omit at the train underneath the credit role?!?! They had to leave me hanging like that?!

Clementine really was an incredible character. Just a really unique driving force on the way I played the game unlike any that I can remember. It had a lot of similar themes to the show. The Utopian vision under extreme dictatorship. The Madness of saving a piece of a lost loved one. There was a lot there similar, but not the same enough to have spoiled anything.

I wish I knew more about what I was doing gameplay wise early on, because I wasn't even aware that I wasn't saving Duck in the first episode, which led to tension between Kenny and I, even though by Chapter II I had decided to side with Kenny against Larry. I played it as though Kenny and I were pals, but as the game progressed he became more beligerent about my trying to save Herschel's son instead of Duck, which I had no idea I was doing, which led me to become more agressive with him, and eventually we just didn't get along, even though that was never my intention.

Downloaded episode one when it was free, didn't think I would like it as much as I did so I didn't buy the others when they were discounted. The rest of the episodes are only like 20 bucks anyway so I just bought the rest.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Finished the game. Cried.Cried like a child. Clem, youre a wonderful child, good luck... Shes so brave

Good college starter

Just found out about this game about a week ago. Episode 5 of the series is probably the most emotional I've ever gotten while playing a game

So Season 2 Episode 1 is out on Steam and PSN right now. I'm going to be checking it out tomorrow when it comes out on Xbox Live. Pretty excited.