Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Wade takes shot at Chuckbe, Brickbrook?

Reaching.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious
    The poster I quoted said caring about efficiency, if you have a good look you take it don't pass up because you're scared to miss because that will maybe take you under 50%. LeBron, Durant and Wade have all become pussie,s in that they don't take late clock shots because maybe that will bring them under50%, Pathetic.

Simple as that, and for the record Kobe and Wade have the same TS% this year.
    But Wade isn't talking about free throws. So talking about TS% here is meaningless.

He's talking about the shots you take from the field. Ane Kobe has hardly been inefficient this year from the field. So Kobe is not really a great example in terms of efficiency, but he's a good example in taking too many bad shots. It just so happens that Kobe has made them at an inordinate rate for him as this is the highest efg% of his career.

Local High School Star

Kobe is clearly a better player, a more accomplish winner, more individually talented, more fan-base, more career accomplishments and way longer longevity than Wade. These Wade vs Kobe talks is going no where. Kobe is clearly better.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

The right player taking a difficult shot - either for his own rhythm or to make defenses commit to him can be the best thing for the team . Westbrook is a great example - people are angry he doesn't pass to Durante every possession - but that's just a very short sighted view of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    Kobe is a career .454 shooter from the field, and Westbrook is miles ahead of Wade as a player right now. He's right though, all NBA players should pull up for a jump shot with 3 seconds left on the shotclock and then after being challenged kick it out to Battier/Chalmers/Allen/etc for a contested 3 30 feet away from the basket, just so they don't have to mess up their "FG %". Even though that kills the flow of their offense, it's all about dat field goal percentage baby.

Nobody in the league, and i mean nobody does that more than Wade.

Oh and the "Chuckbe" Kobe has been far more efficient than Wade in their heads up battles throughout their careers.

46/32/87 to 45/27/79

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1oXvRCXnds
    So...stupid..

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I don't see a problem with wanting to take the best shot available in order to help your team instead of jacking up unwarranted shots. There are pros and cons both ways in that while you are more efficient, you don't do as much in volume as you would otherwise.

5-time NBA All-Star

I think he meant it for Westbrook who does challenge Wade and is likely an obstacle. Kobe rarely shoots that low and isn't in his way this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty
    Exactly, there's nothing wrong with what Wade said.
    really?

"I hate that... I see a guy shooting 41, 42 percent from the field and I'm like, 'Wow, they're just hoisting up shots and they don't care.' "
    Does he think all these guys really don't care about making the shot/winning the game, and they're just doing it for fun? Have a little respect for his peers man Every NBA players are trying to make shots and win games. Not everyone plays on a stacked team and get easy shots all day long.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    really?

Does he think all these guys really don't care about making the shot/winning the game, and they're just doing it for fun? Have a little respect for his peers man Every NBA players are trying to make shots and win games. Not everyone plays on a stacked team and get easy shots all day long.
    But many of these guys do....not to mention. Open NBA players make shots. The biggest misconception as fans is that role players just can't do anything. They can. They are far better than most of us give them credit for.

And Wade isn't talking about a huge difference. I could literally be just a play or two a game. But, as a coach, those two plays could be the difference in the game.

We all know what he's talking about. Take Melo for example. those 2 to 3 shots a game he takes...he just settles. He could pass. He could create. He could try to draw a foul. Instead, he just settles and takes a very low percentage shot. It's the difference between him and Durant offensively.

Certified ISHiot.

Chuckbe and Brickbrook? OP is super creative.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    Chuckbe and Brickbrook? OP is super creative.
    I thought the official name was Westbrick

Dunking on everybody in the park chosen_wun's Avatar

I think Wade was just referring to players who shoot around 41-42% ... reading comprehension is a must OP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    So who is Wade talking about, and is about one game or two, or the whole season?

Yeah I was reaching, but
    Monta and Jennings, who are Wade's first round opponents. I'm assuming.

I remember seeing both Ellis and Jennings shooting around .395 to .401 a little after the All-Star break. Ellis shot a lot better when the Redick trade first went down, but now he's dropping back to 35-40% shooting for the past month.

EDIT: Ellis currently at .416 FG and Jennings at .398, and Jennings' FG career so far is .394
    Last edited by DMV2; 04-16-2013 at 11:45 AM.

goatbrick is shooting 44%

and who is wade talking about? dude thinks he can take shots, and not mention names. what a boss

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    Dwyane Wade, on valuing NBA titles over scoring titles.

Look at this c#nt that teamed up with Bosh and Lebron, cherry picks his shots like there's no tomorrow, taking shots at players that can't cherry pick, because there's nobody else.