Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    I rule the local playground daballa13's Avatar

Default Re: The Official "Discuss Jeremy Lin's Performance" Thread

Good Lord Jeremy Lin you SUCK

Sat the last 5 minutes of the game. This is gonna do WONDERS for his confidence.

Ouch. I give him all the credit for making it as far as he did, but this is a MANS game. If you don't believe in yourself then you need to GTFO. He was handed the keys to a brand new Porsche and he is struggling to back it out of the garage.

Still, though...he has been awful, but it's only been about 10 games into the season as well. Still early to close the book.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Sat the last 5 minutes of the game. This is gonna do WONDERS for his confidence.

Ouch. I give him all the credit for making it as far as he did, but this is a MANS game. If you don't believe in yourself then you need to GTFO. He was handed the keys to a brand new Porsche and he is struggling to back it out of the garage.

Still, though...he has been awful, but it's only been about 10 games into the season as well. Still early to close the book.
    he deserves to be moved to second unit the way he's playing. looks scared, won't drive like he did in new york, he continaully passes up open jump shots.

his handling looks very suspect. what has he been doing all summer? if you're getting paid $25 million, no excuses! sit down and start watching some tapes of chris paul and steve nash and how they breka down the defense and use the pick and roll.

i really am starting to think linsanity took off because he had one of the best pnr players in the nba - Tyson Chandler and the best 3 point shooter Novak. Lin should've stayed in NY, now he's getting exposed.

Lin is ideal coming off the bench. I don't think he can be a starter on a contending team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Lin is ideal coming off the bench. I don't think he can be a starter on a contending team.
    Apparently not on a bad team either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Perhaps

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Pretty much this I think its time for Houston to swallow there pride and just admit getting Lin has been a major mistake and that he should start of the bench and get limited mins. Ethier Houston should trade for a PG (Bledsoe) or let Scott Macahdo have a go and see what his good playmaking skills can bring, this is just getting flat out embarrasing for Lin and the organisation hes shooting in the low 30's and just had 5 turnovers and 4 points

Local High School Star

AFTER LAST NIGHTS DEBACLE I'VE GIVEN UP ON HIM. Sadly the Linsanity is looking like a fuke run.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe

But on the other side, people were hyping up like crazy because of the few sample of games he played great last season, now when it's the other way around are supposed to give him time? We've learned one thing due this, don't judge players based on a very few sample of games..

And don't give big contracts to players like Lin ever again, if you check Jeremy's game log from last season one thing stands out. Out of the 35 games he played, 16 of the games were either terrible or games he barely got any playing time in so he got his contract due playing 19 good games..

I would love to see a trade for Bledsoe or some good guard who can play starting minutes, I don't have any high hopes that Lin will work out as the starting point guard and Douglas is too bad to play bad minutes so a trade is basically a must for a decent point guard.
    Last edited by millwad; 11-22-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Everything changes when teams have film on you

Updated. Those stats didn't look good

Dunking on everybody in the park

Just finished watching the game, he started off well apart from taking dumb ass three as the first shot then threw up 2 bricks in quick succession and a floater that was in an out.

Then Nate came in and vaporised him. (to be fair Nate when on fire will do it to anyone, check the game he had against miami last year for GS warriors)

Then the coach subbed him off because Lin was playing shook with no aggression. His intensity and effort level are all down from previous games.

He's just getting worse....

Personally, I hope he turns it around.

If he can average 14/7/5 for the year, then I consider it a good year for him. I really thought he was going to get those stats at the beginning of the year.

I'm retiring the thread. After every game someone posts a "LIN DID THIS VS. THE LAKERS LAST NIGHT" so it's not point really. My point wasn't to spam Lin threads. I'm sure there will be many threads to argue in.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

This thread can't be retired without an obligatory bump after Lin playing a great game and his Rockets' thrashing of the Knicks today in MSG.