Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Brooklyn Nets Edition

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    How do you know brooks responds awful to being yelled at? In my years of watching brook play as a net, he's never been yelled at. plus, brook is not the guy to flip out. especially if kg is yelling at him. wow, you really try to reach for ANYTHING negative even when there's nothing to reach for when it comes to the nets.
    There's tons of information about him and Avery, the fact his rebounding and defense got worse and worse under Avery, that he didn't like the yelling and needling. Did you not see him play and be rooted the spot like a tree while Avery yelled at everything the Nets did?

Based on everything we know about Brook's personality that's a huge stretch to assume it will be great. Brook is the most non confrontasional person in the world and likes to talk about superman and batman. KG is a sociopath who is intense all of the time. When KG yells at Brook to get the **** down the court or he'll punch him in the head, Brook will absolutely 100% respond well? I say maybe, maybe not. You say of course. Based on what?

Did you see any Laker games last year?
    Last edited by niko; 08-26-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    There's tons of information about him and Avery, the fact his rebounding and defense got worse and worse under Avery, that he didn't like the yelling and needling. Did you not see him play and be rooted the spot like a tree while Avery yelled at everything the Nets did?

Based on everything we know about Brook's personality that's a huge stretch to assume it will be great. Brook is the most non confrontasional person in the world and likes to talk about superman and batman. KG is a sociopath who is intense all of the time. When KG yells at Brook to get the **** down the court or he'll punch him in the head, Brook will absolutely 100% respond well? I say maybe, maybe not. You say of course. Based on what?

Did you see any Laker games last year?
    This is literally the 1st time I've ever heard anything about Avery having a bad effect on Lopez, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    This is literally the 1st time I've ever heard anything about Avery having a bad effect on Lopez, just saying.
    Because you decided to become a Net fan the day Jason Kidd took over, just saying. We have conversations back and forth ad nasuem about Avery, you know - when you were a fan of a different team.

Look, if i were to bet i'd bet Garnett has a good impact on Lopez but saying it's 100% definitely going to work means you are either just being a fanboy or just aren't knowledgable because personality wise, those two are miles apart, and none of the Celtics main pieces were like Brook personality wise.)

(Note: If you come back to tell me Brook is this badass then I'm not conversing with you anymore because making shit up doesn't make for good conversation.)

Because you decided to become a Net fan the day Jason Kidd took over, just saying. We have conversations back and forth ad nasuem about Avery, you know - when you were a fan of a different team.

Look, if i were to bet i'd bet Garnett has a good impact on Lopez but saying it's 100% definitely going to work means you are either just being a fanboy or just aren't knowledgable because personality wise, those two are miles apart, and none of the Celtics main pieces were like Brook personality wise.)

(Note: If you come back to tell me Brook is this badass then I'm not conversing with you anymore because making shit up doesn't make for good conversation.)
    You're right, I have been a Nets fan since Kidd took over... In 2001. Also, I think Brook is going to respond poorly to Garnett. I actually think that Brook is one of the most overrated players in the league, most people don't understand how much he has benefitted in his career with Williams/ Carter/ Johnson creating shots for him. The only reason Nets fans value him so much is because we drafted him, I honestly think its the funniest thing in the world when Nets fans blame Williams/Johnson/Evans for losses but dont mention anything about Brooks ridiculously soft and slow interior defense because he is considered untouchable by most Nets fans and apparently he can do no wrong. I would honestly trade him for Marcin Gortat if I had the chance. I'm just saying that I never heard anything about Johnson hurting Brook in any way.
    Last edited by The JKidd Kid; 08-26-2013 at 10:29 PM.

You're right, I have been a Nets fan since Kidd took over... In 2001. Also, I think Brook is going to respond poorly to Garnett. I actually think that Brook is one of the most overrated players in the league, most people don't understand how much he has benefitted in his career with Williams/ Carter/ Johnson creating shots for him. The only reason Nets fans value him so much is because we drafted him, I honestly think its the funniest thing in the world when Nets fans blame Williams/Johnson/Evans for losses but dont mention anything about Brooks ridiculously soft and slow interior defense because he is considered untouchable by most Nets fans and apparently he can do no wrong. I would honestly trade him for Marcin Gortat if I had the chance. I'm just saying that I never heard anything about Johnson hurting Brook in any way.
    Im just busting chops, you don't have to justify your fandom to me.

I've heard Brook doesn't react well to the yelling, that basically he just doesn't have that kind of twitch reaction if someone yells GO LEFT! to suddenly go left. He's not soft. He's slow and a bit sensitive. I know people who met him, say he's about the nicest human being you've ever met, but his interests are all outside bball. Plus ive seen it, went to a few Net games right on the baseline. Avery was a total prick. Nothing was his fault, rolled his eyes, yelled when they ****ed up to no one in particular just to make sure everyone noted it was not his fault but their **** up, just was frustrated and angry at all times.

   

in the following img, brook very politely takes a seat after avery very politely tells him to sit down.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    in the following img, brook very politely takes a seat after avery very politely tells him to sit down.

Great picture.

If anyone ever wants to see what was bad about Avery as coach, go find a tape of the loss to OKC in 2 OT (i think) from 2011. He was abrasive, he was blaming everyone, going into histrionics, in a game the nets had a chance of winning. It was completely the player's fault, and he wanted you to know it, and they hated him for it.

Great picture.

If anyone ever wants to see what was bad about Avery as coach, go find a tape of the loss to OKC in 2 OT (i think) from 2011. He was abrasive, he was blaming everyone, going into histrionics, in a game the nets had a chance of winning. It was completely the player's fault, and he wanted you to know it, and they hated him for it.
    Exactly, Avery was a peice of shit, worthless, negative coach, not to mention he was completely insane and a control freak. I honestly don't understand how that Dallas team dealt with that condescending midget asshole.

   

Exactly, Avery was a peice of shit, worthless, negative coach, not to mention he was completely insane and a control freak. I honestly don't understand how that Dallas team dealt with that condescending midget asshole.
    IIRC he did a nice job for them on the defensive side, then when he got promoted it was pretty much the peter principle at work. of course, the same thing has happened to lots of other head coaches who turned out to be busts at that level.

i'm sure he does plenty of good things... he just doesn't seem to have the personality to wear the captain's hat. of course, a lot of this is also on king and prokhy. you can't hire an under-performing coach followed by a virgin head coach and say you did very well in the hiring process. all you're left with is hoping that something good happens out of all that.

matter of fact, that's how the trades and the loss of draft picks has gone so far, as well. a lot of big, bold moves and a lot of hoping that it will pan out in the end. we'll see......

IIRC he did a nice job for them on the defensive side, then when he got promoted it was pretty much the peter principle at work. of course, the same thing has happened to lots of other head coaches who turned out to be busts at that level.

i'm sure he does plenty of good things... he just doesn't seem to have the personality to wear the captain's hat. of course, a lot of this is also on king and prokhy. you can't hire an under-performing coach followed by a virgin head coach and say you did very well in the hiring process. all you're left with is hoping that something good happens out of all that.

matter of fact, that's how the trades and the loss of draft picks has gone so far, as well. a lot of big, bold moves and a lot of hoping that it will pan out in the end. we'll see......
    The Nets make moves that if you take them separately, sound fine. But the problem is the moves are not the result of a plan, they are whatever tweaks their fancy at the moment. Kidd was made the coach, then they blew it up and got an uber veteran win now team. They made the JJ trade, used all their cap space, then tried to leap back into the D12 derby without cap room to use. They aren't following a definitive plan, and usually that comes back to bite you because it means at best you have no margin of error.

The Nets make moves that if you take them separately, sound fine. But the problem is the moves are not the result of a plan, they are whatever tweaks their fancy at the moment. Kidd was made the coach, then they blew it up and got an uber veteran win now team. They made the JJ trade, used all their cap space, then tried to leap back into the D12 derby without cap room to use. They aren't following a definitive plan, and usually that comes back to bite you because it means at best you have no margin of error.
    The JJ trade was a move to show Deron that they're committed to winning. I agree that the Kidd hiring and Celtics trade don't really mix, but the team does have a plan. That plan is to win now with this core, which they are very capable of doing and then in 2016 chase after the big name free agents. This team doesn't want to go through a rebuilding process, only a reloading.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say. If you're trying to say that they traded draft picks for something that they hope will come together is some how a bad thing then that doesn't make sense because rebuilding through draft picks is the definition of "hoping everything goes well". Hell, the NBA is all about hoping everything goes well. The players/coaches that will constantly have a team in contention (Shaq, Lebron, Duncan, Popovic) are few and far between. The rest of the league has to just put the best team possible on the floor and hope everything works out, which the Nets, Bulls, Pacers, Clippers, Warriors etc. have all done.

The JJ trade was a move to show Deron that they're committed to winning. I agree that the Kidd hiring and Celtics trade don't really mix, but the team does have a plan. That plan is to win now with this core, which they are very capable of doing and then in 2016 chase after the big name free agents. This team doesn't want to go through a rebuilding process, only a reloading.
    Winning is not a plan, it's a hope. How you go about it is a plan. The Nets never had a thought of what kind of team they wanted to put around Deron, how they wanted to play, etc. Kidd said he wanted to run, remember that? The Nets are pretty much slow as shit. They got a rookie coach, then got vets. Got JJ to show Deron they loved him and ruined the D12 chase, which was fine except they re-entered the chase right after.

They have no plan. Reloading every few years isn't going to work, that's not a plan, that's hope. I've seen that plan.

   

I don't really understand what you're trying to say. If you're trying to say that they traded draft picks for something that they hope will come together is some how a bad thing then that doesn't make sense because rebuilding through draft picks is the definition of "hoping everything goes well". Hell, the NBA is all about hoping everything goes well. The players/coaches that will constantly have a team in contention (Shaq, Lebron, Duncan, Popovic) are few and far between. The rest of the league has to just put the best team possible on the floor and hope everything works out, which the Nets, Bulls, Pacers, Clippers, Warriors etc. have all done.
    relax, mate.

wow also niko was riht, Avery was terrible for brook. please dont tell me you don't remember the game where Avery yanked Brook at the end of a close game that went into OT
    Edit: gigantes was way ahead of me lol
    Last edited by Nets fan 93; 08-29-2013 at 02:56 AM.