NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default Got a bunch of stuff in the mail I didn't order or pay for.Has this happened to you?

Before?

All in my name with the correct PO Box.

9 packages all arriving between Mon and Wed to my PO Box. Some via USPS, some from UPS to the post office. 6 packages from China, 3 from the USA. Most of its cheap stuff, 15 cell phone jackets for an LG G5 (why so many and I have an IPhone), a laptop stand, some cheap womens jewelry, HDMI cables and some other crap. The most valuable thing I guess is three car mountable DVR cameras, but they are a cheap Chinese brand.

The weirdest thing is there is not one receipt in any of them. They all have tracking #s but I don't know how useful that is. There has been absolutely no fraudulent activity on my CCs, bank account or PayPal. I'm at loss as to how this could have happened. Anyone have any ideas why, or how I can figure out what's going on?

Banned

Default Re: Got a bunch of stuff in the mail I didn't order or pay for.Has this happened to you?

Yes, this recently happened to a cousin of mine for a $300 gym set. He called Amazon and disputed it and in his usual sly way, asked the operator if she can recoup his time and inconvenience, she gave him a $50 gift card.

So if I was you, I will call and dispute any accounts you may have that led to this shipment.

It's not cool.

It's a new tactic to scam people. Product shipped. They take your money. You have to prove you shipped it back and you have no idea where it came from. So they keep your money.

Default Re: Got a bunch of stuff in the mail I didn't order or pay for.Has this happened to you?

I haven't been charged for any of it, and none of it is from Amazon or large online outlets. It's all from seperate small companies or individuals. Like I said I have checked all my credit sources and bank account and none of this stuff has been charged to me. And not one receipt in the packages!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    I haven't been charged for any of it, and none of it is from Amazon or large online outlets. It's all from seperate small companies or individuals. Like I said I have checked all my credit sources and bank account and none of this stuff has been charged to me. And not one receipt in the packages!
    Think about it for a second...'all from separate small companies'....what are the chances that 'separate small companies' getting it wrong all at the same time by sending it to your house.

Just be aware of your accounts is all I'm saying.

Don't think you scored on free stuff.

Very good NBA starter

maybe someone opened new accounts under your name that you arent even aware of.

have you reviewed your most recent credit report?

Very good NBA starter

do you have bills going to that po box address? it sounds like someone working there might have stolen your information and then opened credit lines and then sent shit to that po box while hoping they would retrieve the goods first before you. since only you and people who work there have the keys, that might be a scenario. or does anyone else have access to that mailbox?

you should file a police report. that might save your ass if there are other kinds of charges that might be huge that you dont even know of yet.

Very good NBA starter

and this isn't a computer glitch nor typo where some company messed up an order and sent you shit intended for another customer.

you got shit sent to you from a bunch of different sources at the same time. prelimary guess is that it really sounds like someone stole your identity and bought stuff under your name on credit lines that you dont know about. reviewing only the credit cards that you personally opened is not enough. that does not tell you what else is out there so check your credit report, or, better yet, call the credit people directly and verify if any accounts were opened recently.

the goods that you found are cheap, but who knows? maybe expensive shit like a 90-inch tv was already delivered somewhere under your name from invisible accounts. this is a huge red flag. you got some work to do.
    Last edited by DCL; 05-12-2016 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    and this isn't a computer glitch nor typo where some company messed up an order and sent you shit intended for another customer.

you got shit sent to you from a bunch of different sources at the same time. prelimary guess is that it really sounds like someone stole your identity and bought stuff under your name on credit lines that you dont know about. reviewing only the credit cards that you personally opened is not enough. that does not tell you what else is out there so check your credit report, or, better yet, call the credit people directly and verify if any accounts were opened recently.

the goods that you found are cheap, but who knows? maybe expensive shit like a 90-inch tv was already delivered somewhere under your name from invisible accounts. this is a huge red flag. you got some work to do.
    Thanks for scaring the heck out of me but it's sound advice. I'm calling Equifax later on.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    maybe someone opened new accounts under your name that you arent even aware of.

have you reviewed your most recent credit report?
    This.

You can pull a free annual credit report.

Most likely one of you neighbors ordered stuff from a place like aliexpress or dhgate, and messed up the address. You said it yourself: cheap batteries, fake jewelry, laptop stand, etc.

The fact that it has no receipt really makes me think it's from one of those two sites, cause them bitches don't want any liability for using copyrighted trademarks. Of course there is an online receipt, but they don't send one through the mail for this very reason (just think about it). For example, on their sites they will show a plain jersey hinting that it is in fact a Russ Westbrook jersey and then when you get it in the mail, it has okc on the front, Westbrook on the back, all "officially licensed".

Nonetheless check it out, call your credit card company just in case, better safe than sorry. But don't get too worried because I really think someone just messed up on their order and put the wrong # address..they wanted 3475 palm dr., accidentally wrote 3745 palm dr., y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Most likely one of you neighbors ordered stuff from a place like aliexpress or dhgate, and messed up the address. You said it yourself: cheap batteries, fake jewelry, laptop stand, etc.

The fact that it has no receipt really makes me think it's from one of those two sites, cause them bitches don't want any liability for using copyrighted trademarks. Of course there is an online receipt, but they don't send one through the mail for this very reason (just think about it). For example, on their sites they will show a plain jersey hinting that it is in fact a Russ Westbrook jersey and then when you get it in the mail, it has okc on the front, Westbrook on the back, all "officially licensed".
    His neighbor ordered it, but the package has OP's name on it

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    His neighbor ordered it, but the package has OP's name on it
    Oh truuuueeee, I missed that part, my bad op. Nah that's sketch af

If 9er isn't bullshitting like he usually is and is being serious, then that's a pretty smart way of scamming people.

wow, youre being scammed big time!