Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Anyone else think the Cavs are overrated?

Back-to-back NBA Regular Season Champs!

Local High School Star

The depth argument is part of the reason why theyre overrated ..... Having the best 8th-12th mans wont mean much..Gibson, Telfair, Powe, etc wont have much of an impact. Much better to have talent at the top like LA or Orlando.

Just because you have a guy that can get 40-10-10 any game doesnt make you a great team. Just look at last years 66 win team that got exposed.

Biggest indicator of how good a team is .. is how well they play with their best player out or with their best player on the bench.

Magic, Lakers ... even Denver, Portland, Dallas, look more impressive than the Cavs w/o their best player. It just shows you plug in Lebron on any playoff team and they possibly end up with the best record.

Cavs being a stacked team is an illusion .. they took a step forward offensively but a step back on defense.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Cavs don't win most games when Lebron sits, that's just sad considering their record. I know the team is built around him, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    1 week avatar bet. Cavs beat the Magic in the playoffs. Last year team overachieved in the Regular Season. The 2008-09 Cavaliers struggled againts the elite teams.

2010 Cavaliers would sweep the 2009 Cavaliers in a best of 7 series.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Shax
    Cavs don't win most games when Lebron sits, that's just sad considering their record. I know the team is built around him, but still.

That's because Lebron is the best player and the most impactful player in the game but at some point, you're going to need that true second fiddle all star player. See, with the lakers, Gasol is the best 2nd fiddle player in the league. Kobe routinely has god awful type games but the lakers can still win because of Gasol for the most part. he's basically a true franchise type of player just taking a backseat to Kobe. I wouldn't call anyone on the Cavs right now outside of lebron a true franchise player

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    They are having trouble with the freaking Chicago Bulls. As a Celtics fan, the more I see of the Cavs, the less worried I am. But go ahead and keep assuming about who's gonna be in the ECF...
    Lmao you shouldn't be, because your going to be watching Miami Heat play the Cavaliers soon enough. But keep assuming things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    1 week avatar bet. Cavs beat the Magic in the playoffs. Last year team overachieved in the Regular Season. The 2008-09 Cavaliers struggled againts the elite teams.

2010 Cavaliers would sweep the 2009 Cavaliers in a best of 7 series.

That is clearly not what you said last year. At the end of the regular season last year you had posts saying.

LeBron James 1x Finals MVP

Saw a basketball once

If Lebron doesn't have a good series, they won't go anywhere. He's still relied on too much that the other players won't be able to take up the slack. Their bench doesn't do much to help.

Magic Johnson

They aren't overrated. They're still the best team in the NBA at this point, although they'll have a lot of trouble with Orlando because of their inability to defend the pick and roll. Offensively, they're one of the best teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    The thing with the Cavs that's different from say the lakers or orlando is that Dwight and KObe can both have god awful bad games and their team can still win against playoff type teams whereas it's true, if lebron has a truly bad game by his standards, the Cavs will lose most of the time.

we'll have to wait for that day to come
    That's all I'm saying.

If Lebron scores under 20 (without having a sky high assist total) it's hard to see them winning any type of playoff game. Luckily for them, Lebron is a very consistent player.

The only thing slightly overrated is their defense, it doesn't look as good as it used to. Otherwise, they're the real deal.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    The only thing slightly overrated is their defense, it doesn't look as good as it used to. Otherwise, they're the real deal.
    They're noticeably worse on defense, but they're also noticeably better on offense. The Lakers won last year with a great offense and good defense. Cavs can do the same.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Haha, they grabbed this "achievement" from the likes of the Mavs & Suns. Whoo!

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    Theyre not getting past the Magic.
    That team has just as many weaknesses, if not more.

They played to the level of their competition this year, really for the first time. Used to be the Cavs would lose on a regular basis to the elite, and then just crush the mediocre teams. Not so much anymore.

I think we can win in a variety of ways. I'll take this squad over the '07 one that had freakin' Eric Snow/Larry Hughes/Drew Gooden.

Of course, until they win the 'chip, there will be doubters and skeptics. I realize that's part of the deal. After this round, we will truly start to see and understand what sort of impact their recent deals will have had.