Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Talking Clueless Commentary

In this thread we post stupid/clueless/WTF comments we hear on TV by commentators. Youtube clips are great if available:

I'll start off:

Clippers/Rockets game
    Mike Smith and Ralph Lawler talk about how good the Spanish league is....and then proceed to say it's the best league outside of the NBA after the CHINESE LEAGUE.

Adbloock<3

Default Re: Clueless Commentary

Raptors commentary said Bargnani is a unstoppable beast.

Rockets commentary said Scola is as good as Gasol and Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom

Rockets commentary said Scola is as good as Gasol and Dirk.

That was Clyde Drexler.

When Bill Walton was doing a Kings/Magic game this year, he called Chris Duhon an "outstanding player"...."When you've got him as your backup point guard, you're doing something right".

Banned

I like some of Heinsohn's comments on TV, but when he compared Stiemsma to Bill Russell....that's....I don't know what he was smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    In this thread we post stupid/clueless/WTF comments we hear on TV by commentators. Youtube clips are great if available:

I'll start off:

Clippers/Rockets game
    Mike Smith and Ralph Lawler talk about how good the Spanish league is....and then proceed to say it's the best league outside of the NBA after the CHINESE LEAGUE.
    Mike Smith is a treasure trove of stupidity. His "finest" moment was when Blake did a layup and he compared it to Michael Jordan.

Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L73TpDpeuA

"excellent defensive play by chris paul"

Banned

This isn't from this season, but espn here ran a highlights show of the top 100 most disrespectful plays. Vince Carter was on it getting a dunk blocked or something and the commentary said he has never been known for dunking and should stick to jump shots as that's what he's known for. This was in his Toronto days
    Last edited by outbreak; 04-10-2012 at 06:35 PM.

GOAT Commissioner

Whatever garbage Celtics and Bulls announcers say during the game.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    This isn't from this season, but espn here ran a highlights show of the top 100 most disrespectful plays. Vince Carter was on it getting a dunk blocked or something and the commentary said he has never been known for dunking and should stick to jump shots as that's what he's known for. This was in his Toronto days
    We have a winner!

During a Spurs vs Timberwolves games, they were playing in Minny and the crowd started an MVP chant for Kevin Love. One of the snide Spurs announcers said something to the extent that "they're doing that for just about everyone now." This was during THIS season.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Mike Breen getting disgusted at anything resembling a hard foul, flagrant or even swear words.

College superstar

There hasn't been as much of this since Jackson left.

http://courtsideanalyst.wordpress.co...ants-backpack/

2009 playoffs Game 3 of the Portland-Houston series:

Mark and JVG were discussing the Rockets picking Yao Ming at #1 and JVG said it was "revisionist history" to say it was obvious he would be number one. Mark had no clue what that word meant.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Drexler is the dumbest analyst I've heard. The Celtics Heinsohn and the Blazers announcers wear the most insane homer glasses on their broadcasts. My favorites are the the Suns guys, they always praise the other team, sometimes a bit too much.

Some of the out of town announcers talk like they've never seen any team play but their own. And their own players are all future HOF guys. THe boston announcers mention Bill Russell talking about Steinsma.

National High School Star

The Clippers

It was a home game against the Hornets a few weeks ago and I think it may or may not have gone to OT. The point is that the Clippers hit a shot to tie the game(a freaking layup, so no doubt that it was a 2) with about 10 second left and one of the guys kept talking throughout the timeout about who the Clippers should foul and what they should do after they get the ball back. It took a couple of minutes for the other guy to go "Uhh, I think the game is tied. There's absolutely no need to foul." Then there was an awkward 5 second silence, and then they just started talking about something else.