View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #130
shoops
Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: The Official "Discuss Jeremy Lin's Performance" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Lin vs Bulls ...

4 points, 2-8, 3 assists/5 turnovers in 24 minutes. Milwad was right. Lin's confidence is completely gone along with his game.
Awful 2nd quarter from him, offensively and defensively. Nate was too quick for him, but Lin was also out of control on the offensive end there. I'm concerned about his shooting and confidence, but not really concerned about his turnovers, as a few of those were travels/stepping out of bounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Not much at all. Part of the reason he was signed was to bring in more fans, but that's failed miserably.

As Sun Yue and Yi Jianling proved, even Asians don't care about below average players.

I tried to warn people about all those false assumptions on signing Lin "for marketing reasons", which wouldn't mean anything if he wasn't performaing at Linsanity level.
I think you're underestimating it. He still has a ton of fans, and they have tv deals in asia airing rockets games. Dunno the exact numbers or anything though. He should still be able to retain his fans unless he sucks for the whole season.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote