Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Beal vs Waiters

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Beal vs Waiters

As Waiters stated post-draft he was a top 15 recruit and everything had been handed to him all his life. He "never had to work for anything" he has repeatedly stated the Boeheim teaching him how to work to be great had a huge effect on him. He has said all his coach headbutting was a result of believing he deserved more because he was immature. He entered syracuse a boy and left a man. Or at least that's his favorite signing off phrase for interviews.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    As Waiters stated post-draft he was a top 15 recruit and everything had been handed to him all his life.
    Really? I didn't think he was that highly touted of a prospect coming outta high school. I'm not positive but didn't think he was ranked in the top 15 going into college. Pretty sure Rivals had him near 30

Not that he wasn't a 5 star prospect but clearly didn't have everything handed to him or didn't have to work.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Really? I didn't think he was that highly touted of a prospect coming outta high school. I'm not positive but didn't think he was ranked in the top 15 going into college. Pretty sure Rivals had him near 30

Not that he wasn't a 5 star prospect but clearly didn't have everything handed to him or didn't have to work.
    Well idk he said top 15 in his interview so that's what I used I didn't follow college until this year because I've always preferred the Pros so I'll have to check what his ranking was.

Edit: 15 on ESPN 29 on Rivals
    Last edited by KyrieTheFuture; 06-29-2012 at 08:28 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

Waiters was top 15 pretty much up until his senior year. Waiters committed to Syracuse during his sophomore year. When his senior came and he decided not to reopen his recruitment all of a sudden guys that were not better than him started moving up the board when he just sat there.

As ridiculously tough as his personal life was Waiters has in fact had everything handed to him when it comes to basketball. He didn't play basketball his freshman year in high school but dominated a Syracuse basketball camp and was given a private school scholarship.
    Last edited by Da KO King; 06-29-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Waiters was top 15 pretty much up until his senior year. Waiters committed to Syracuse during his sophomore year. When his senior came and he decided not to reopen his recruitment all of a sudden guys that were not better than him started moving up the board when he just sat there.

As ridiculously tough as his personal life was Waiters has in fact had everything handed to him when it comes to basketball. He didn't play basketball his freshman year in high school but dominated a Syracuse basketball camp and was given a private school scholarship.
    Good to know. I honestly didn't know just whatever I read his final year he seemed ranked outside the top 15 in most places. Didn't strike me as everything came easy.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVm57...e_gdata_player

This alone exceeds anything I've seen from Beal on tape. Tremendous change of direction skills with ability to pull up from anywhere. He can go both directions seamlessly and has a buttery smooth stroke off the bounce and in catch and shoot situations.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

I was estatic with the pick after Beal and MKG were gone. Waiters reminds me of Monta more than Wade though. He get's to the rack whenever he wants

Beal >> Waiters

sry cavs fans we got your guy

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You didnt see either player in college. Why are you typing like you did? Did you know what Beal did the last 12gms of his college career? Go check those stats. How many lottery picks have there been where the player came off the bench? Marvin Williams comes to mind.

Note, I'm not here to say Beal > Waiters. I like the Waiters pick, but why am I reading your posts like you think you have a clue. All this he was better this, that and the third. And the fact of the matter is you didnt see either play much in college last season. You need to slow down. I know you're a Cavs fan but dont go around being a fake fanboy of a player.

Other Cavs fans like Meticode, chips, RBA speak arent doing that. Take notes.

how are you gonna say i didnt see either player?

i live in the south were SEC sports is everthing... televised everything.

i watched beal alot, and also saw him choke against louisville

can't say i saw that many syracuse game, but i did see some.
    seen tons of highlights and like what i see.

gets to the hole way better than beal, has a deadly step back.

good ball handling good three point shooting... im just saying that alot of hype was over beal's rebounding well i can deal without having a rebounding shooting guard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPWOJrXJeqg

Reporter " Do you believe your the best guard in your estimate in the tournament?" Waiters "Yeah" Reporter "Now I said the best guard" Waiters "Yeah" Reporter " then whos second?" Waiters "Whoever"

Banned

Waiters will be better than Barnes but not Beal.

I was actually alright with the pick the Cavs made. I wanted the Cavs to avoid Barnes and they did.

The biggest skeptical of Waiters is how he wasn't even a starter in College and the last star lottery drafted bench player in College (i.e. last one to come to mind) was Marvin Williams who is clearly a bust. Williams is a decent role player though but he surely was not worth a lottery pick.

Wall/Beal vs Irving/Waiters

Waiters will have a good career, saw some of his games. Very explosive slasher and his motor is amazing. I can see him as a borderline allstar. Beal will help the wizards in making the playoffs this coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Waiters will be better than Barnes but not Beal.

I was actually alright with the pick the Cavs made. I wanted the Cavs to avoid Barnes and they did.

The biggest skeptical of Waiters is how he wasn't even a starter in College and the last star lottery drafted bench player in College (i.e. last one to come to mind) was Marvin Williams who is clearly a bust. Williams is a decent role player though but he surely was not worth a lottery pick.
    Waiters was playing starter minutes though. He played about 28 a game? Correct me if I'm wrong. 28 is decent. I think Waiters' game will translate better in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Waiters was playing starter minutes though. He played about 28 a game? Correct me if I'm wrong. 28 is decent. I think Waiters' game will translate better in the NBA.

only played 24 minutes a game.

Banned

I wouldnt trade harden for BOTH Beal and Waiters. thats what I think of these two scrubs. This was truly a weak draft. Anthony Davis was the main attraction? LOL have fun with Mr Davis averaging 8 points, 1 block, and 5 rebounds a game for his career.