Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tolerant Liberals

Default In the end, the kobe vs lebron debate boils down to this

What do you value more?

Accolades and accomplishments (kobe 5 rangz)
    Vs
    In-game impact and dominance (legoat)

Mj has both, which is why he's the indisputable goat.

Wilt has impact, while Russell's impaxt was questionable on the offensive end.

Lebron stans should be wilt stans, and kobe/Russell

Default Re: In the end, the kobe vs lebron debate boils down to this

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    What do you value more?

Accolades and accomplishments (kobe 5 rangz)
    Vs
    In-game impact and dominance (legoat)

Mj has both, which is why he's the indisputable goat.

Wilt has impact, while Russell's impaxt was questionable on the offensive end.

Lebron stans should be wilt stans, and kobe/Russell
    Scoring 81 points in a game isn't dominating? 62 in three quarters against the best team in the West isn't dominating?

I guess you have a weird definition of "In game impact and dominance."

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Scoring 81 points in a game isn't dominating? 62 in three quarters against the best team in the West isn't dominating?

I guess you have a weird definition of "In game impact and dominance."
    I guess your criteria for evaluating careers is single game highs

I'm talking about widely accepted advanced stats that capture a players performance over an entire season, but you know, those don't favor your boy so lets just post "81 points doe".

Actually, we don't even need to look at advanced stats. Lebron has Kobe beat in every basic stat except turnovers and free throw %. Even scoring, which is supposedly kobe's strongest aspect, lebron has him beat with more points on better efficiency.

I'm just guessing here, but Kobe has never led the league in PER, ws48, bpm, vorp in the regular season nor in the playoffs. But I guess those stats are just made up to prop up certain individuals while bringing down others
    Last edited by ISHGoat; 06-29-2015 at 05:26 PM.

It's honestly Kobe's first 3 rings. How much value people place on those is imo what truly will always be the divider in that debate

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    It's honestly Kobe's first 3 rings. How much value people place on those is imo what truly will always be the divider in that debate
    Let's not act like his last two rings were on par with any of bran's championship runs either

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

I guess your criteria for evaluating careers is single game highs

I'm talking about widely accepted advanced stats that capture a players performance over an entire season, but you know, those don't favor your boy so lets just post "81 points doe"

I'm just guessing here, but Kobe has never led the league in PER, ws48, bpm, vorp in the regular season nor in the playoffs. But I guess those stats are just made up to prop up certain individuals while bringing down others
    all those stats are based off box score

it's basically like remixing the box score stats 4 different times

box score lovers are bran fans

bball lovers are kobe fans

Banned

Stats: Lebron

Individual accolades: Lebron

Rings: Kobe

Overall: LeBron

its not that hard tbh

Banned

Let's not act like his last two rings were on par with any of bran's championship runs either
    why aren't they on par with lebrons eastern conference runs with a stacked team?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    why aren't they on par with lebrons eastern conference runs with a stacked team?
    Those weren't stacked teams though....

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    all those stats are based off box score

it's basically like remixing the box score stats 4 different times

box score lovers are bran fans

bball lovers are kobe fans
    Wel those remixed box scores are eztremely axcurate. I dare you to look up this seasons top offensive and defensive differentials. Iirc, bogut was #1 on D while curry was #1 on O. I guess theyre just made up formulas right?

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

How much should one value Kareem's rings? All he did was score and play defense for all his title Teams, just like Kobe.

It's hilarious how some of you can sit there with a straight face and pretend Shaq was the sole reason for the 3peat, when it's proven that the ball was in Kobe's hand for pretty much every clutch moment during that run. Shaq was obviously more dominant statistically and as a presence, but even in 2000 Jalen Rose tried to take this dude out of The Finals because he felt they had a better shot beating Shaq without him and still came up big in game 4 on a bum ankle, which arguably clinched the series.

Every pass for a big play including Ron's three vs The Celtics, Fish's 3 vs the Magic, Shaq's alley hoop vs The Blazers, Horry's corner 3 vs The Blazers. ALL facilitated by Kobe. Even without scoring he's impacted the game in huge ways, even in the infamous game 7 vs The Celtics Lebron stans love to harp on where he out rebounded Kevin Garrnet and Rasheed Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    How much should one value Kareem's rings? All he did was score and play defense for all his title Teams, just like Kobe.

It's hilarious how some of you can sit there with a straight face and pretend Shaq was the sole reason for the 3peat, when it's proven that the ball was in Kobe's hand for pretty much every clutch moment during that run. Shaq was obviously more dominant statistically and as a presence, but even in 2000 Jalen Rose tried to take this dude out of The Finals because he felt they had a better shot beating Shaq without him and still came up big in game 4 which arguably clinched the series.

Every pass for a big play including Ron's three vs The Celtics, Fish's 3 vs the Magic, Shaq's alley hoop vs The Blazers, Horry's corner 3 vs The Blazers. ALL facilitated by Kobe. Even without scoring he's impacted the game in huge ways, even in the infamous game 7 vs The Celtics Lebron stans love to harp on where he out rebounded Kevin Garrnet and Rasheed Wallace.
    Lol, don't get so defensive, I wasn't implying anything good or bad by that. But I generally do believe Kobe's first 3 rings are the most polarizing aspect of his resume

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Lol, don't get so defensive, I wasn't implying anything good or bad by that. But I generally do believe Kobe's first 3 rings are the most polarizing aspect of his resume
    Because he put up comparable scoring averages to prime Shaq?

Because he put up comparable scoring averages to prime Shaq?
    Because some will believe what you say, while others will believe he was the second best player, and those who say he was "carried" by Shaq

It's hilarious how some of you can sit there with a straight face and pretend Shaq was the sole reason for the 3peat, when it's proven that the ball was in Kobe's hand for pretty much every clutch moment during that run. Shaq was obviously more dominant statistically and as a presence, but even in 2000 Jalen Rose tried to take this dude out of The Finals because he felt they had a better shot beating Shaq without him and still came up big in game 4 on a bum ankle, which arguably clinched the series.

calm down bro