Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Rajon Rondo to the Lakers

Tell me one reason why the Lakers' front office shouldn't be pushing for Rondo.

Forget the overpriced Howard, the Lakers desperately need a point guard. What if we traded Pau for Rondo and Brandon Bass/Jeff Green? This would be beneficial to the Lakers for obvious reasons, and beneficial to the Celtics because they get back an all-star 7 footer for a PG they were rumored to have been trading during the CP3 fiasco. And since Rondo is a god-awful shooter, he wouldn't compete too much with Kobe on offense!

While it was all in pursuit of Chris Paul, Boston's inclusion of Rondo in trade negotiations was not only surprising, but potentially damaging to the team's future. Rondo is the lone young star on an aging Celtics team, which would imply that he is also the most coveted. However, it recently became clear that he wasn't as coveted as most, though, and despite Danny Ainge's insistence that he isn't shopping the point guard, the damage has already been done. The Lakers should move on a trade.

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Rajon Rondo to the Lakers

no thanks he cant shoot

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
    Tell me one reason why the Lakers' front office shouldn't be pushing for Rondo.

Forget the overpriced Howard, the Lakers desperately need a point guard. What if we traded Pau for Rondo and Brandon Bass/Jeff Green? This would be beneficial to the Lakers for obvious reasons, and beneficial to the Celtics because they get back an all-star 7 footer for a PG they were rumored to have been trading during the CP3 fiasco. And since Rondo is a god-awful shooter, he wouldn't compete too much with Kobe on offense!

While it was all in pursuit of Chris Paul, Boston's inclusion of Rondo in trade negotiations was not only surprising, but potentially damaging to the team's future. Rondo is the lone young star on an aging Celtics team, which would imply that he is also the most coveted. However, it recently became clear that he wasn't as coveted as most, though, and despite Danny Ainge's insistence that he isn't shopping the point guard, the damage has already been done. The Lakers should move on a trade.

Would definitely take that trade. Looks so fair for both sides. Especially Boston, who abvously lacks experience , and absolutely need to make a move INCLUDING their youngest players,

In other words NO, that trade is ridiculous.

Why would the Lakers trade a great and proven 7 footer for a dwarf?

This trade is so bad for both teams

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Why would the Lakers trade a great and proven 7 footer for a dwarf?
    why would the celtics trade a top 5 pg and couple of young pieces for a 7 footer that can't play d?and who is going to play pg for the celtics? damn op you're worse than hawkfan

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    why would the celtics trade a top 5 pg and couple of young pieces for a 7 footer that can't play d?and who is going to play pg for the celtics? damn op you're worse than hawkfan
    A top 5 PG who can't shoot for a top 5 seven footer who can't play D seems like a good trade-off to me

[COLOR="White"]Awful trade idea OP, obviously.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    A top 5 PG who can't shoot for a top 5 seven footer who can't play D seems like a good trade-off to me

[COLOR="White"]Awful trade idea OP, obviously.[/COLOR]
    yeah for the lakers because they get back 2 forwards while the celtics get highway robbed. the op gotta be a lakers fan

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Stupidest trade ever right?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

What do the Cs need a PF for? There's no reason for the Cs to do this. Pau's an All-Star? That'sd nice. So is Rondo, and he's a younger All-Star. Cs have KG and Bass, this would be creating a need (PG) for the sake of reinforcing a strength and as an added negative the team gets older.

Bad trade ideas like this are one of the reasons why the my IQ drops whenever I visit the NBA forum.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballup

Bad trade ideas like this are one of the reasons why the my IQ drops whenever I visit the NBA forum.
    But the OTC is a regular genius society.

No, I think we're quite fine holding onto Rondo. He's practically the best player we have on the team right now.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Rondo actually gives the Lakers what they severely lack right now.

An athletic guard who with great playmaking abilities, who can defend on the perimeter and penetrate the paint.

But not sure swapping him for Gasol helps either team. Lakers lose their front court advantage and Celtics lose their youth.

If the Lakers could have added Rondo, awesome, they'd be very very hard to beat... but not possible.