Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Default Grant Hill on Derrick Rose... a must read... especially for Bulls fans

Do not comment on this post until you take a few moments to read this article. Otherwise you are just talking out of your arse, being a hater. If you educate yourself by reading this article and you still disagree with what Derrick Rose is doing, I would like to hear your explanation.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...s-critics.html

Grant Hill

NBA Fan

Default Re: Grant Hill on Derrick Rose... a must read... especially for Bulls fans

Rose has already sat out an entire year.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Default Re: Grant Hill on Derrick Rose... a must read... especially for Bulls fans

Yea - most fans know Grant's situation - and that's why I was against him playing the regular season (along with the fact that the Bulls would be losing 17 million).

But right - he can't be watching Noah play on one leg, watch Nate Robinson fill his spot out there and not feel like an absolute biitch.

Rose has no physical injuries.

Rose is puss. Obvi.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11

I totally agree that rose should come back when he's ready, and not before, and that people should get off his back about it.

However, I will always take issue with people calling him an 'mvp-level' player. Like nash, he was gifted mvp by narrative. There were a number of more deserving players that year.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Grant Hill is awesome and I agree with anything he says

Signed, suns fan

PS Grant come back to the Suns and be our #1 option

props to Grant Hill. always a classy professional player

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased_one
    I totally agree that rose should come back when he's ready, and not before, and that people should get off his back about it.

However, I will always take issue with people calling him an 'mvp-level' player. Like nash, he was gifted mvp by narrative. There were a number of more deserving players that year.
    Yup. Rose realistically should have finished 6 or 7 in the MVP voting.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Yup. Rose realistically should have finished 6 or 7 in the MVP voting.
    At the very least, Lebron, Pau, Chris Paul and Howard were more valuable than him. You could easily argue for dirk, pierce and durant as well.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Why doesn't Rose just tell the media "I'm done, I'm out of the playoffs this year and will be playing next season to work myself back in the game".

NOT that he actually has to sit out. He can say this AND still suit up if he feels comfortable later on the playoffs. But his constant, "Yeah any day now... I think I could be ready... maybe", it's keeping fans and critics wondering.

Very good NBA starter

In that article, they skip ahead five years, from Rookie Grant Hill to 27 year Hill, in a matter of a sentence, but it's worth stating age is a factor in healing and Rose is a a handful of years younger. Wouldn't surprise me if physical therapy has advanced since then too.

Rose was 23 when he got injured and somewhat conveniently got injured going into the offseason. Yet, he still missed the whole season. Not really a big deal, but...

The whole "I could be back any game" stuff Rose has said in the past month or two gives people the reasonable idea that he's very close to returning and probably at least 80% physical healthy.

Not to mention, Rose and Adidas heavily marketed his return to basketball in sports media, basically putting it on the tip of everybody's tongue leading up to the AS break and beyond. Don't think that helped him.

Blake Griffin missed his entire rookie season, but it was well known and established at the time that he would indeed be out. Mostly due to the timing of his surgery (january). But with the timing of Rose's injury, it wasn't a stretch of the imagination given the average healing time to expect him to be on the court by now.

I want him to come back, but coming back mid-playoffs is not realistic and might even be "dangerous". He should just sit it out. Would have like to seen him 2-3 weeks prior to the playoffs though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Rose isn't hurt. That is the part of this that nobody seems to understand.

If were hurt...then this notion of "coming back too soon" would make perfect sense and nobody would want him to risk it.

But he's not hurt and he's practicing. Just like Barkley said last night. If you keep claiming you may come back and you are practicing for 2 months...you should play in games.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Rose isn't hurt. That is the part of this that nobody seems to understand.

If were hurt...then this notion of "coming back too soon" would make perfect sense and nobody would want him to risk it.

But he's not hurt and he's practicing. Just like Barkley said last night. If you keep claiming you may come back and you are practicing for 2 months...you should play in games.

Simple as that.
    It doesn't help his case that he goes out and runs around the court for pregame shootarounds in front of crowds. You're going out of your way to show the public that you're able to run, shoot and play.

Why is this article trying to make it seem like this is 1960 and a torn ACL is a career ender? It's 20 fcuking 13.. It's very easy for an athlete to come back at 90-100% 8 months after a torn ACL.. Rose is just a bitch with muscle memory problems..

Rose don't care about basketball, all he cares about is a paycheck.