Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    JMEWLS
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Arrow *OFFICIAL* ORLANDO MAGIC game discussion thread. **including playoffs!

[color=royalblue]ORLANDO MAGIC GAME THREADS - THOUGHTS AND RECAPS![/color]
    [color=red]post your thoughts and opinions on the ORLANDO games here.[/color]

After discussing with my fellow posters on the board. I've come to the conclusion of making ONE thread for all games.

GT's may still be posted in the NBA FORUM but after game recaps, thoughts and opinions of the game will be posted here.

Whether your a MAGIC fan, or just dropping by. Tell us your thoughts on the game.

All previews, recaps and standings ect. will be posted by MYSELF. BUT if i happen to be absent from the forum, be sure to post them yourself. This threads not only for me, but for everyone on this site.

Here we may...
    [list][*]Share our thoughts pre-game, during the games, and post game.[*]A recap of the game will be posted (VIA insidehoops; THANKS JEFF.)[*]Our standings, will also be posted here.[*]Injuries, if happens WILL be posted.[*]Media (pictures, audio, videos, articles) all may be posted on this threads. [As long as it relates to the game.][/list]

This is the place for us Magic fans to discuss about our games.

If i happen to be absent, be sure to post your own PREVIEWS, RECAPS and STANDINGS. be sure to post the source of there you go them from.

SOURCES:
    Standings: NBA.com
    Recaps: Insidehoops (click daily recaps)
    Previews: Insidehoops
    Schedule: Orlando Magic
    [color=red]*NOTE: Game threads WILL NOT need to be posted in the magic forum any more.[/color]

Happy posting people, enjoy the thread.
    Last edited by JMEWLS; 04-07-2007 at 09:40 PM.

JMEWLS

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* ORLANDO MAGIC game discussion thread.

Current Standings:
    New Jersey Nets: 35 - 39 [0GB]
    Orlando Magic: 34 - 41 [1.5GB]

The final 2 spots i think are now on lock. Orlando will now see the playoffs, and will probably be versing the top Detroit Pistons first round.

New Jersey are now on a roll, and i dont think where going to be catching them.

Indiana have been in a slump ever since the all-star break, and now are looking to continue their slump till the rest of the season.

New York; once thought to have had a chance to make the playoffs have dropped their last 3 and look like they're out of the race.

JMEWLS

NEXT GAME:
    ORLANDO MAGIC VS MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
    VS

Arena - Amway Arena, Orlando, FL
    Time - 7.00pm (EST)
    Previous Meeting - L 86-95

Local High School Star Jerz Netz's Avatar

oo i like the showcase JM ^^^

Magic should take this 1 easy. They should just start planning on how theyre gonna compete w/ Detroit

Saw a basketball once stunner316RKO's Avatar

The Magic should concentrate on getting ready for the playoffs as well as keeping there playoff spot though I don't think there gonna lose it

JMEWLS

Quote Originally Posted by stunner316RKO
    The Magic should concentrate on getting ready for the playoffs as well as keeping there playoff spot though I don't think there gonna lose it
    Detroit first round, should be an easy series for the Pistons. But im hoping for my Magic to really turn some heads in the first round, maybe take it to 6 games.

Dwight's already said, he wants Detroit first round. I'm thinking of this playoff series to be more of a learning curve for the Magic, not a MUST WIN series. Where packed with so much young talent, and we dont have very much playoff experience. Next season however, im gonna look for a 1st round win because of a more matured team, and a possible signing a SOLID player.

P-Forty21

Quote Originally Posted by JMEWLS
    NEXT GAME:
    VS

Arena - Amway Arena, Orlando, FL
    Time - 7.00pm (EST)
    Previous Meeting - L 86-95
    Warriors are playing against the grizzlies tomorrow so, the day fter when they vs orlando they will be tired and the magic will defenetly win...plus mike miller and damon stoudmire are INJURED.

Hope you guys win

-P40

Defense? Whats that? The Italian's Avatar

This looks so much better than all of the random game threads. Good job and congarts on getting Mod.

A little history vs. the Grizzlies

The Magic have dropped four straight and eight of nine against the Grizzlies since a 96-91 home win in 2004.

I like the Magic and i hope they win, but I don't know, losing streak against Memphis could continue.

NBA rookie of the year

very very nice set up you have there.

they should make you a mod.

I'm guessing the only reason the dont is because there aren't enough Magic fans

JMEWLS

sorry the previews come way to late everyone, but its Easter today.

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!

Memphis (19-58) at Orlando (34-41), 7PM ET -- STATS reports: The Orlando Magic have little margin for error if they hope to reach the playoffs for the first time in five seasons. The Magic look for a split of their four-game homestand when they host the league-worst Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday night. Orlando (34-41) holds the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, but is just one game ahead of ninth-place Indiana. The Magic also trail seventh-place New Jersey by one game. Orlando and New Jersey also have a game in hand on Indiana... However, the Grizzlies have lost four straight, including Friday's 116-104 defeat to Golden State. Memphis has allowed 118.5 points per game during their skid and has been outscored by an average of more than 12 points per contest.
    Again sorry for the late post.

SOURCE: CLICK HERE

JMEWLS

VS
    FINAL SCORE: [COLOR="Red"]ORLANDO - 116[/COLOR] MEMPHIS 89

Recap will be up VERY soon.
    Player stats will also be up.
    ENJOY!

JMEWLS

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ORLANDO MAGIC PLAYER STATS![/COLOR]

PLAYER OF THE GAME: DWIGHT HOWARD!

31points,11rebounds,2assists,1steal
    (limited his turnovers tonight, only turning the ball over 2 times.)

Jameer Nelson:
    2points,4assists,2rebounds

Grant Hill:
    15points,3rebounds,3assists,2steals

Hedo Turkoglu:
    15points,3rebounds,5assists

Tony Battie:
    6points,5rebounds,2assists,1steal,1block

Darko Milicic:
    8points,5rebounds,1assists,1steal,2blocks

Trevor Ariza:
    14points,7rebounds,4assists,3steals

JJ Redick:
    8points,1rebound

Keyon Dooling:
    7points,1block

Carlos Arroyo:
    6points,2assists

Pat Garrity:
    2points,3rebounds

Keith Bogans:
    2points

P-Forty21

Great Win today...Dwight killed em. Magic are sure to make the playoffs now

JMEWLS

recap:

Orlando 116, Memphis 89 -- The AP reports: Orlando, looking for its first playoff berth in four years, jumped out to a 22-point lead in the first eight minutes of the game and coasted to a 116-89 victory over the Grizzlies on Saturday night. The Magic, who are only 8-14 since the All-Star break, got 31 points and 11 rebounds from Dwight Howard and 15 points apiece from Hedo Turkoglu and Grant Hill in breaking a two-game losing streak and remaining a game ahead of Indiana for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference... The Grizzlies, who have the worst record in the NBA, were without injured starters Damon Stoudamire, Mike Miller and Rudy Gay. Their replacements, Tarence Kinsey, Stromile Swift and Junior Harrington, combined for 22 points on 8-of-24 shooting.
    Last edited by JMEWLS; 04-08-2007 at 07:45 PM.