Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Official trade rumors thread

Can't we start by trading 'Antoni to some loser team? We'll even throw in a player or two to sweeten the deal
    We can just let Bernie finish the season

NBA lottery pick

The Lakers getting Rudy Gay is the latest rumor.

According to ESPN's Marc Stein, NBA executives believe the Grizzlies, Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers have had trade discussions that could involve [Rudy] Gay, Paul Pierce and Pau Gasol. The speculation is that Memphis would receive Pierce, Los Angeles would get Gay and Gasol would land in Boston. Memphis Commercial Appeal
    That deal could potentially be a good one for all parties involved. I could see Artest and Gay on the court at the same time.

I thought about this a few months ago when Pau was pissing us all off. But I thought, how could he go back to memphis? Gay is a young, aggressive, and athletic scorer that can possibly be one of our future "core" players.

I wouldn't mind this at all. Maybe if Dwight "Idiot" Howard sees that we're trying to build around him, he will stay.

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I definitely don't see Pau going back to Memphis. They're better off with his brother and Randolph. With another team involved it does become an interesting scenario. Pau isn't happy coming off the bench here. As much as we don't like it, we're stuck with 'antoni. I'm sure Gay would fit in well with that small ball mentality he has. Not the greatest outside shooter, but he is a very good scorer, young, and far more athletic than pretty much anyone on this roster. 'antoni was already playing Artest at the 4, so that's why I mentioned they could be on the court together. With the way Artest has been playing I don't want to see him lose any minutes.

I would like to see if what the Lakers have done the past few games can stick though. Pau mentioned they basically just quit running 'antoni's offense and started doing their own thing the past few games. If they can keep doing more of that the Lakers should be able to win with what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Yeah, I definitely don't see Pau going back to Memphis. They're better off with his brother and Randolph. With another team involved it does become an interesting scenario. Pau isn't happy coming off the bench here. As much as we don't like it, we're stuck with 'antoni. I'm sure Gay would fit in well with that small ball mentality he has. Not the greatest outside shooter, but he is a very good scorer, young, and far more athletic than pretty much anyone on this roster. 'antoni was already playing Artest at the 4, so that's why I mentioned they could be on the court together. With the way Artest has been playing I don't want to see him lose any minutes.

I would like to see if what the Lakers have done the past few games can stick though. Pau mentioned they basically just quit running 'antoni's offense and started doing their own thing the past few games. If they can keep doing more of that the Lakers should be able to win with what they have.
    2nd straight season of coaches so bad that the players have to run the team Jimmy Buss shouldn't be allowed to hire anyone, not even a toilet cleaner
    They are reverting back to the Triangle or at least elements of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    2nd straight season of coaches so bad that the players have to run the team Jimmy Buss shouldn't be allowed to hire anyone, not even a toilet cleaner
    I do see some of those elements. What I've been happy with is the extra passing in the halfcourt system. It isn't a team that relies solely on running and fastbreak points. They work around and find great options. Maximizing the talents of each player.

What do you think of the defense the past two games? Holding the thunder and the jazz under 100 points. Not bad for those two teams eh?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I do see some of those elements. What I've been happy with is the extra passing in the halfcourt system. It isn't a team that relies solely on running and fastbreak points. They work around and find great options. Maximizing the talents of each player.

What do you think of the defense the past two games? Holding the thunder and the jazz under 100 points. Not bad for those two teams eh?
    It was good but.....u know me, I'm not going to get excited yet

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Wow, yes you might be right. I can definitely see that happening in real-time. It does work on O because of the shooters we have. Nash is one of the top 5 greatest shooters in NBA history, Artest is shooting really well, got couple other good shooters off bench.

Nash does fit better in catch-and-shoot role and Kobe fits better in Nash's role because he isnt as great of a shooter as Nash. He still is almost as good of a passer and has similar court-vision to a degree. Kobe just never had to play this role before so he still has to figure out the right balance to make it work consistently. I don't know if it can work for whole season though

Serious playground baller OldTerp's Avatar

It doesn't look like we are going to be able to keep Pau and Dwight. Since management seems set on not trading Dwight that means Pau will likely be dealt if Howard resigns. What are thoughts on this trade?

Lakers get - Ellis and Illyasova
    Bucks get - Pekovic, Berea, and D. Williams
    Twovles get- Pau
    Last edited by OldTerp; 02-16-2013 at 08:11 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by OldTerp
    It doesn't look like we are going to be able to keep Pau and Dwight. Since management seems set on not trading Dwight that means Pau will likely be dealt if Howard resigns. What are thoughts on this trade?

Twovles get- Pau
    Pau is injured. I don't think any team wants him until after the season. Ellis is a SG. Kobe is a SG. They both shoot a lot. I don't see them co-existing on a team together. Ellis doesn't want to go somewhere to play less minutes.

Serious playground baller OldTerp's Avatar

Pau is injured. I don't think any team wants him until after the season. Ellis is a SG. Kobe is a SG. They both shoot a lot. I don't see them co-existing on a team together. Ellis doesn't want to go somewhere to play less minutes.
    Ellis is really a PG/SG hybrid. He could take minutes at both positions, but I see what you mean about him not wanting to play less minutes/shots.

i'd take this trade regardless. t-wolves are getting absolutely raped in this trade. worse comes to worst, you trade ellis for lebron in the crazy universe the first trade was made in.

Quote Originally Posted by OldTerp

Twovles get- Pau
    I hope you have a magic wand to make that happen.......but come on man

I don't believe in any of the Dwight rumors right now.
    I think he is having a tough time fighting through his injuries and that's it.

If there are any moves before the 21st it will be to trade Pau...and with him inured that would be a stretch.

Like it or not...Howard is the future of this team.
    And the FO should get a coach who will bring in a system that will suite Howard's talents.

After next year Kobe, Pau, and Metta's contracts come off the books.

But with the BUSS situation going on right now...who knows what type of role this org will play with free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    I don't believe in any of the Dwight rumors right now.
    I think he is having a tough time fighting through his injuries and that's it.

If there are any moves before the 21st it will be to trade Pau...and with him inured that would be a stretch.

Like it or not...Howard is the future of this team.
    And the FO should get a coach who will bring in a system that will suite Howard's talents.

After next year Kobe, Pau, and Metta's contracts come off the books.

But with the BUSS situation going on right now...who knows what type of role this org will play with free agency.
    What makes you think that Dwight will resign with the Lakers?