Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Everyone has lost their mind on Lebron...

I'm not saying this isn't a thought you should entertain or things people say. But it's almost like "we MUST declare Lebron the greatest now". We must declare him the 2013 NBA champion NOW. He hasn't won these things. He doesn't have the resume (yet) Jordan has. You need to actually accomplish the great things, not be on the way. One knee injury to him (or Wade) and maybe they don't win the title. Maybe OKC wakes the **** up and makes the moves they need to. Maybe Denver replaces one of their role players with a glue guy star player and shits on everyone. You don't know what happens.

LEBRON IS PLAYING AT A LEVEL I HAVE ALMOST NEVER SEEN A PLAYER PLAY AT. That's what i see. why that sentence needs to be followed with "AND THEREFORE HE WILL BE THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER AFTER HIS NEXT FEW TITLES" ruins the discussion for me.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Every player has a black spot in their career. LeBron's '11 finals was certainly horrible, but shouldn't define him. Especially considering what has happened since. As far as the whole mental toughness thing is concerned, you've been watching too much First Take. History is firmly on LeBron's side. He arguably did more with less than anybody in NBA history as a Cavalier. And of the 2 championship-worthy teams he has played on in his career, 1 of them won a championship. Mentally soft? Not buying it.

btw, @ Kobe being an underdog . Yeah, one of the 5 most athletic SGs ever, who has played his entire career on the most successful franchise in NBA history, on one loaded team after another being an "underdog". Good lord....
    way to take my quote out of context. I did mention that he's definitely in the discussion with MJ now. His mental breakdowns used to come at the most crucial moments and that was a large criticism of his that kept him out of the discussion.

as for Kobe being an underdog, that was in reference to the rest of the Top 10 list. He's definitely not as much of a physical specimen as the rest of that list... there's nothing extraordinary about his physical traits.

Kobe doesn't have the best hops, he has an okay first step, he isn't beating many people down the court. He has small hands for his size as well. In terms of athleticism, his best trait is his body control.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Lebron is BY FAR the best player in the NBA. But let's be real here...he hasn't done enough to unseat MJ. HE STILL HAS HALF HIS CAREER TO GO. Can we wait and watch him do it? He's won ONE title. ONE. Not five.

Because he's beasting and because ESPN has decided this is LEBRON IS BETTER THAN MJ Week (i'm a bit ashamed at some of you jumping on the ESPN bandwagon, that's lame X 100) the season will not be cancelled, and the title will not be handed over on February.

Perspective people. Yes, i also fully expect Lebron to be standing there come June. But i've seen bigger favorites flame out. Chill for a bit. Enjoy the ride, stop trying to say it's over.
    Correction, Lebron's teams have won one. And MJ's teams won six.

Lebron carried Cleveland arguably further than MJ would have done.

The only thing MJ could have done better than Lebron was the 2011 Finals...he definitely would have been a lot more aggressive and Miami might have won with MJ.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

solid evidence

Miami might have won with MJ.

considering MJ never played in the finals without winning a FMVP i don't see why anybody would have any doubt that MJ on the 2011 HEAT win a ring

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    solid evidence

considering MJ never played in the finals without winning a FMVP i don't see why anybody would have any doubt that MJ on the 2011 HEAT win a ring
    MJ with the 2011 Heat would be their PG, and post up ridiculous numbers.

The only thing MJ could have done better than Lebron was the 2011 Finals...he definitely would have been a lot more aggressive and Miami might have won with MJ.
    MJ would've done better against Boston in 08 and

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Ouch. Truth hurts!

I'm pretty sure there's no chance that Michael would have been beaten by the Magic in 2009.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    He couldn't even get past the 1st round without Pippen. He would do s.hit with Sasha Pavlovic and Joe Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I'm pretty sure there's no chance that Michael would have been beaten by the Magic in 2009.
    LeBron's 38/8/8 weren't enough. MJ would have had to put up 45/8/8 for the Cavs to win.

And lol at the butthurt Kobe stans that still can't get over the fact LeBron is a better player than Kobe ever was

We gonna act like the EC wasn't garbage in 07, tell me, which great team did the Cavs beat on their way to the Finals were they got their asses handed to them? If LBJ could lead his team to the Finals, so could any version of MJ, the EC was just crap.

Meanwhile, MJ was facing off against the Bird Celtics and Thomas Pistons before eventually becoming a champ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    He couldn't even get past the 1st round without Pippen. He would do s.hit with Sasha Pavlovic and Joe Smith
    He dropped 63 against an ATG Boston team. MJ had to face much stiffer competition while he was under manned. Not to mention, when he won his first and 2nd ring, Pippen wasn't even the Pippen we know today. He was a scared puppy dog out there. MJ had to beat that toughness into him, day by day, practice by practice, game by game, series by series.

MJ overall impact >>>>>>>> LBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Is Jordan going to average 48/12/10 ?

Is he going to guard Dwight?

You keep pushing that 09 ECF agenda that LeBron some how blew the that series. When only one other Cavalier other than him shot a respectable FG pct (Varejao)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    LeBron's 38/8/8 weren't enough. MJ would have had to put up 45/8/8 for the Cavs to win.
    This isn't even being facetious. He literally would have dropped those numbers in order for them to win.