NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Lack Of Development

I agree with that.

Decent college freshman

Man, we suck

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I was going to post something today and just noticed that you did lol. 3-6 since Jackson came back. The Pistons are sitting in last place in the division. And while with the exception of the Cavaliers we're all within a few games of each other I knew this was just a tough division going into things. We're all going to beat each other up. I like the young talent the Bucks have. Parker and Giannis are better than Detroit's young guys. Indiana has a solid roster. George is obviously better than any player we have. Chicago is on a downward slide but they've got veterans that will keep them winning some. I think without some major development we're stuck in mediocrity. Drummond hasn't taken the steps we needed him to on the offensive end. Embiid has only played a few months in the NBA and is coming back from injury and looks a million times better on the offensive end. We had high hopes for Stanley. He looks the part physically but hasn't got it going. There's no big time players available via trade. The one thing we have is assets that we could potentially move but I don't see what good it would do. The only bright spot lately has been Leuer...

Decent college freshman

Yah, only a game and a half out of 5th too.

Clearly we have chemistry issues right now. SVG says he won't roll the same starting 5 out again next game. Leuer in for Harris?

We just need to work Reggie back in and Harris needs to get his head out of his ass.

NBA lottery pick

According to Yahoo it's more likely going to be Leuer for Morris. Harris will probably still start.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Yeah I would say Harris will start at the 3 with Leur at the 4, and Morris coming off the bench in a 6th man type role where he can be the go to guy - I have ALWAYS thought that is where Morris would be best suited, coming on against other teams second units and being our leader / scorer. He would thrive.

NBA lottery pick

I think he'd make a pretty solid 6th man too. He's just so inconsistent when he's starting. One day he's on fire, the next he puts up 6 points.

Decent college freshman

Ugh, Harris sucks as a 3. He'd be much better on the bench with Ish where he can just score in bunches off assists.

NBA lottery pick

Harris is the one with the big contract. They're going to give him more of an opportunity.

Decent college freshman

I like it so far

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Leuer's contract is starting to look like one of the best in the NBA - he is a very nice fit next to Dre, very smooth stretch 4. Really impressing me this season...

NBA lottery pick

We're not that far off from the lottery at this point. If we're going to be bad, we may as well do it right for once. If we could land a guy like Josh Jackson that would really help turn things around. Then we could trade Stanley Johnson while teams still think he has potential. The guy has actually got some minutes the past 4 games and has done nothing.....

Decent college freshman

His defense has been awesome this year though, maybe 2nd best on the team. He could be our SF version of Tony Allen it seems.

What we need to do is start him. Our starting lineup needs D and a guy who doesn't need shots and Ish-Harris-Leuer-Bullock-Boban is a very nice bench. IDeally Bullock would be replaced with a better player who can also shoot 3s like Bullock.

NBA lottery pick

What's odd is SVG says he plays people off of defense and not how they can score. While I agree, he actually has played good defense one would think he would then get a little more PT. Over the past 4 games he has but that's it. Even with his defense the team still has been terrible in that aspect of the game. I think it is 29th in the NBA over the span of the last month (give or take). So we started out pretty solid defensively. Now we are absolutely terrible.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    What's odd is SVG says he plays people off of defense and not how they can score. While I agree, he actually has played good defense one would think he would then get a little more PT. Over the past 4 games he has but that's it. Even with his defense the team still has been terrible in that aspect of the game. I think it is 29th in the NBA over the span of the last month (give or take). So we started out pretty solid defensively. Now we are absolutely terrible.
    He's also developing a guy long term though, making Stanley earn his time. I think he's done well with him. Stanley seems to be hitting a small stride and hopefully it continues going up!