Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Donatas Montiejunas - if he starts at PF do Rockets win the championship?

Shot way too many freakin threes for my liking.

Default Re: Donatas Montiejunas - if he starts at PF do Rockets win the championship?

Terrence Jones is the better fit at 4 for now. D-Mo could improve but he will always be playing behind Dwight and Asik if the team stays that way. i could see him getting some burn as back up PF but the Rockets playing small most of the time, its not likely. He will have to seriously impress in the limited minutes he will get early season

"Bulked up"...........WTF?

He was already like 245 his last year in Europe. How freaking much do the Rockets want him to weigh?

He's going to lose all his mobility, which is the only thing he has going for him.

Quote Originally Posted by doinitbig06
    if the rockets unleash the Donatas he will be a force, he will get COUNTLESS wide open three's when they inevitably double Dwight, i dont see any other big on the Rockets roster that has a higher ceiling or is as versatile as Donatas
    Why would you double Dwight Howard? I'd foul him a lot, I wouldn't double him

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I think the Rockets will be serious title contenders for awhile as soon as they replace Lin with someone who terrible

Not airballing my layups anymore rustycage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    Why would you double Dwight Howard?
    Exactly. No teams with a serious defensive game plan will double Howard, at least on the catch. Let him put the ball on the ground and let's see how good he is with his passing and dreamy shakes.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by VIP2000
    From what I saw last season, his defense was pretty bad. But he has a nice touch and should complement Dwight Howard really well.
    He has some weaknesses like defensive awareness especially his off the ball defense and his low block defense. He also cant rebound to save his life and mostly his lack boxing out.

Last season on offense he showed gradual signs of improvement especially off the pick and pop and most imprortantly some handy footwork in the low block. He has somewhat good hands which is vital as Harden is very good at drive and dish to the bigs .

Overrall, he can be a good stretch 4 but he needs to improve his low post and pick and roll defense because the 4's in the NBA are all pretty agile and are good pick and roll players. He also needs to do a much better job boxing out and cleaning up the defensive glass.

was he injured for a bulk of last season?

I don't remember seeing him play.

Greg Smith put up some good minutes at the 4 for Houston

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spiegel
    He has some weaknesses like defensive awareness especially his off the ball defense and his low block defense. He also cant rebound to save his life and mostly his lack boxing out.

Last season on offense he showed gradual signs of improvement especially off the pick and pop and most imprortantly some handy footwork in the low block. He has somewhat good hands which is vital as Harden is very good at drive and dish to the bigs .

Overrall, he can be a good stretch 4 but he needs to improve his low post and pick and roll defense because the 4's in the NBA are all pretty agile and are good pick and roll players. He also needs to do a much better job boxing out and cleaning up the defensive glass.

no offense, but motiejunas is really good at boxing out.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    no offense, but motiejunas is really good at boxing out.
    He was/is terrible at it here in Houston. Infact one of the reasons McHale had some issues with him was his bad boxingout and poor rebounding.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    was he injured for a bulk of last season?

I don't remember seeing him play.

Greg Smith put up some good minutes at the 4 for Houston
    Greg is worse defender then Dmo if that's possible. Smith is a better finisher around the rim but Dmo's upside is huge once he gets better at some of his weaknesess.He has the potential to be a solid 14 to 17 points a game player in a couple of years.Gregs potential is a solid off the bench spark.
    Last edited by spiegel; 07-18-2013 at 02:36 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I really like Donatas, but I really see him as a post, mid post matchup problem type of guy. Not a true stretch four.

It's certainly possible he could play next to Howard, but I think you'll lose a lot of what makes him look like he could really develop, being that post and mid post game, and beating guys to the hoop with that one bounce mid post game.

Jones to me really feels like a better fit. And I like Jones as a prospect too. I'm not sure I like him better than Donatas, but I do feel like he's a better fit. A little more range, although his jumper still needs plenty of work. Seems to have a better second bounce. And probably a better perimeter defender.
    And frankly Donatas seems like he'd fit better next to Asik because Asik can spend his time setting screens further from the hoop while they use Donatas near the block.

And if Asik got traded, I'd be all for Donatas getting more minutes as a straight back for Howard.

Local High School Star

Monti actually has the potential to be a solid stretch 4, but in my opinion I view his natural position to be more of a 5 but due to being stacked at that position he becomes more needed at the 4. Jones is a very good prospect. He runs the floor and is athletic, solid in between shot on him that stretches all the way to the 3pt line and is a above average rebounder.He is also an underrated passer and can defend the 3 can 4 spot.

He just wasn't as good as he should be last season. He's got the tools... he's got the moves, a decent shot, etc... he just didn't quite make it happen like be is capable of. He was hit or miss.

He's going to be good. He just needs more work to make it consistent. And his defense needs to greatly improve.

At this point, Terrence Jones is better. Jones can shoot, too. And Jones brings rebounding, a little post game, and athleticism.

Banned

called it