Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park alexd's Avatar

Default Re: Things Players in Pickup Games Do That Annoy You

on top of my head
    -people who never ever pass.I played in my team that for 3 matches gave like 5 passes i mean wtf
    -people that ask for offensive foul
    -people that act mad,shout and cursed like you killed them just cause you make a strong physical contact foul.not something that you can get injured or dirty foul just strong.If you don t want defence to get physical then go play badminton
    -people who never ever play defence ( even if they are good offensive players )
    -old guys that think they are still 25 years old and talking trash but can t do anything.I love it when i play with trash talkers it gets me pumped up but they got to back up their talk
    -people that try to do all that and1 mixtape but fail most of the times

I hate playing with the guys who have watched nothing but And1 Streetball so their whole mentality is to just do crossovers and other shit, usually while carrying, traveling or double dribbling.

I hate the guys who are really good at shooting so they think they can take EVERY shot they want to, even while being covered heavily by a defender.

The guys who start screaming and oohing and awing over a blocked shot or a basic dunk annoy me, too.

Quick list of other annoyances:
    - Guys who try to coach their teammates in a ****ing pick-up game. Wtf? We're not playing organized b-ball. Gtfo here with that b.s.
    - Guys who don't use screens or picks.
    - Guys who try to call plays they learned in high school or wherever as though we've been practicing them & know the maneuvers perfectly, and then get pissed when the play doesn't get executed properly.
    - Guys who don't pass.
    - Guys who can't play defense at all, so they foul every chance they get.
    - Guys who can't tell the difference between a reach & a clean a steal.

Banned

The guy that plays point guard just because he wants to have the ball all the time so he can take shots. He never passes and is usually of the African American demographic. He is also very vocal, takes(and misses) long two pointers often, and thinks hes way better than he actually is. teams with this guy also have a 80% chance of losing.

Well he only annoys me when hes on my team, I love playing against those guys.
    Last edited by TonyMontana; 05-09-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    The guy that plays point guard just because he wants to have the ball all the time so he can take shots. He never passes and is usually of the African American demographic. He is also very vocal, takes(and misses) long two pointers often, and thinks hes way better than he actually is. teams with this guy also have a 80% chance of losing.

There are some guys that I play with that always want to play PG and can not handle any type of pressure. One guys always wants the in-bound but if the defense closes in he always picks the ball up. I usually try to pick him up at our foul line then take off and double the next pass away so he ends up standing with the ball on the wrong end of the court by himself lol

It's already been mentioned, but dudes who don't pass the rock...ESPECIALLY if they suck.

And guys who are TOO aggressive and don't really play the sport. Maybe they play football or something and think tackling you when you drive to the hoop is legal.

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

When you are behind the 3 point line without the ball and your man is guarding you close. I am not even near the basket why are you crowding me in a pickup game.

Players who you are guarding and getting physical so they start calling fouls more often and complaining that you are getting physical with them.

Ball hogs and lazy defenders. I don't pass the ball to these guys.

Having played my days on vars and many streetball games not using a pick is actually a good idea since the defender might see it coming and think you may use it. Just pretend your going to use it and hit em with the quick cross and just get to the rim.

When you give a nice no look pass(or regular pass) to your teammate under the rim and he misses a wide open lay up.

dudes that grab your shirt or jersey on defense,gtfo me.

dudes who basket hang.

dudes who only play defense only when their man has the ball.

dudes who are too lazy to go for the rebound.

dudes who instead of trying to grab the rebound, slap the sh1t out of the ball in a random direction.

Things that annoy me:

1. Dudes who lie and cheat about a foul call, out of bounds, or on the score....
    2. Dudes who get mad if the call did not go their way. So now they are playing extra physical.

3. Dudes who takes 10 shots, makes only 3 of them. But the minute you take one (1) shot and miss, folks are yelling at you for missing....one shot; your only FG attempt the whole game.

4. The one dude that thinks he is Isiah Thomas, dribbling all over the place, ignoring screens and people flashing and cutting.

5. The dude who throws the ball to you at 100 mph and you are 2 feet from each other. Then he yells at you for dropping the ball.

6. Players who don't yell when a screen is coming. But will yell at you for getting beat by your man.

People who try to cheat the score definitely pi$$ me off.

Also people who lie that their shot was from 3 when the whole time their feet were inside the arc. There is never any refs or unbiased 3rd party to confirm if it was a 3. They are adamant and of course you have to take their word for it.

From playing with french ppl:

They use soccer rules so they don't know that there is such thing as 3 second violations. They camp in the key and I call them out on it and they think I'm lying. They seriously don't believe there is such thing.

When they are close to the sidelines or baseline, their feet are outside but as long as the ball is still bounced inside it's not out. A soccer thing yet again. I call them out on it and they think I am cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana

> This, minus the demographic part cause they come in many different forms. They're always terrible though.

the dude that is really awkward, probably plays rugby or hockey or something, that looks like an injury waiting to happen everytime he plays.

I see these guys all the time at my gym, stepping peoples feet, stepping under dudes when they shoot, banging knee on knee with people all the time. smdh

Also that guy who gets the ball and for some reason goes to the corner and gets trapped every time. That shit bothers me so bad.

And the guy who always posts up but is completely useless. Turns it over if he passes and never makes a shot. Also will be standing in your way everytime you want to drive.

And lastly the guy whos getting beat everytime off the dribble but refuses to switch. "i got this, dont worry" is usually what he says.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I hate it when someone on my team doesn't give hard fouls when the other team is gonna get an open layup.

when there's a super huge fat guy who literally just stands in the paint and you can't force him out because he's so damn fat. he'll be in the key for a good 8-10 seconds and you're not gonna call 3 seconds because that's lame to call in a pickup game but god damn, at least make an effort to play legit

players who don't play any defense

players who won't help on the screen. at least come out a LITTLE bit to give me some time to recover. or call out a switch