Default Has Kyrie Irving ever improved?

Very serious question. Maybe someone who has watched enough of his career can chime in.

But I've seen Cavs fans say he's always been a low IQ chucker who can't play defense and heavily involved in bad locker rooms. Especially before LeBron.

I'd say he's been a clear net negative on the whole this season. Probably a jeremy lin level player at best. Worse than Delly though he's been out.

But I'd say that's even a reach. He's been shit, as in bad in more games than he's been good. Especially bad against the good teams. Specifically managed to get outplayed by Thomas who went 5/19 in the game. And piled up stats agaisnt literally the worst defenses in the entire league(e.g. LAL, SAC and NOP the last 3 games).

But I mainly want to know whether he has ever improved in his 5 years. Obviously I haven't been impressed with him at all this season. And people love the flash. I don't watch terrible teams so I missed his pre-LeBron stages. Maybe this is all he'll ever be.

Default Re: Has Kyrie Irving ever improved?

If u just look at boxscore no.

If u watch games then yes very much so. He was almost a Nash level defender his rookie year. Hes still not a good defender but hes VASTLY improved

his ballhandling, patience and shooting has improved. His finishing is better. Hes improved in everything except awareness in playmaking situations/pickandroll. Hes more geared as a scorer than facilitator

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG

If u watch games then yes very much so. He was almost a Nash level defender his rookie year. Hes still not a good defender but hes VASTLY improved

his ballhandling, patience and shooting has improved. His finishing is better. Hes improved in everything except awareness in playmaking situations/pickandroll. Hes more geared as a scorer than facilitator
    Agreed. Dude stepped up his game from Cp3 to near Curry level now

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG

He's the worst defender on the Cavs right now. How improved could he be?

Doesnt look like it. Great scorer, great handles, good shooter.. still a poor defender, selfish, and injury prone.

I dont watch too much Cav games but I probably saw 30-40 possessions where he missed an open Love for 3 to take a horribly contested fadeaway that bricks.

I want Cavs to win it all but damn, man gotta learn to pass.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I think an improvement on offense is a given, seeing as the dude popped multiple 50+point games last year, but perhaps that's just his scoring touch. I also remember reading that he had huge assist problems at the beginning of last season so I'm not sure how much his passing has improved. Come to think of it, I never see any highlights of his passes, just his finishes

We just needs his offensive game in the playoffs. Cavaliers are a good defensive team.

He's averaging almost 28 ppg this month. he's a fast learner, and by the end of the year he's averaging 20-21 ppg. A solid number for a 2nd scoring option.

Serious playground baller

Dude has been injury prone since college, which sucks b/c he has some real athleticism high bbiq. Also sucks now Lebron is on his team, and Kevin Love. Match that with Irvings need for the ball and there are just not enough plays for all three. Match that with their lack of defensive effort and they have a real problem stacking up against legitimate contenders.