Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    I agree. All these remakes drive me nuts. Will not watch Spiderman.
    Remakes in comic book movies don't bother me as much because comics themselves are rebooted all the time. However, I don't want to see origins remade over and over, which is something the new Spiderman movie does. The second half of the new Spiderman was pretty good once it got into a new story and not just a rehash of what we have already seen.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Remakes in comic book movies don't bother me as much because comics themselves are rebooted all the time. However, I don't want to see origins remade over and over, which is something the new Spiderman movie does. The second half of the new Spiderman was pretty good once it got into a new story and not just a rehash of what we have already seen.
    I couldn't believe they remade it so quickly, it's such a slap in the face to all the people that worked on those first 3 Spiderman movies.

A reboot is already planned for 2016
    LOL. Squeeze the cash cow,

I feel most people are turned off from watching The Amazing Spiderman because it's too soon. At least with Batman Begins they gave it almost a decade between the last Batman movie. When previews for The Amazing Spiderman came out most ignorant people were like, "Where is Toby Maguire?" thinking it was part of the previous trilogies.

At least 20 years should pass before you even think about making a remake. Let the landscape change, the culture to evolve, technology to advance. The story becomes new, yet familiar. Otherwise, what's the point (aside from making money)?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I feel most people are turned off from watching The Amazing Spiderman because it's too soon. At least with Batman Begins they gave it almost a decade between the last Batman movie. When previews for The Amazing Spiderman came out most ignorant people were like, "Where is Toby Maguire?" thinking it was part of the previous trilogies.

Not only was it too soon, but the movie isn't good.

With Batman Begins you have a movie that is vastly superior to the last Batman movie and potentially the entire Batman franchise to that point.

I would say Amazing Spiderman was only marginally better than Spiderman 3, which was a horrible movie and ruined Sam Raimi's entire trilogy. However Spiderman and Spiderman 2 are both easily better films than Amazing Spiderman.

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I agree. The Spiderman and Superman films make me mad. The only redeeming feature for Superman is that Nolan is involved, so it will probably be good. I like his gritty style.

I would really like to point out again how well Bale acted in DKR. Bane also did well acting with his eyes. He was able to show lunacy with his eyes, very calculated looks.

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    Not only was it too soon, but the movie isn't good.

With Batman Begins you have a movie that is vastly superior to the last Batman movie and potentially the entire Batman franchise to that point.
    I was worried that Batman Begins wouldn't be able to match up with Batman or Batman Returns, it blew them both out of the water, and they were good films in their time.

Banned

we have a new dark knight thread? Whatever.

They should just continue nolan's story/universe. There's no need for another pointless reboot and they spent so much time and effort into building the backstory and arc of 'robin'. The reason that begins was necessary was that schumacher had botched the franchise so badly that the only solution was to throw a grenade in that sumbich and start from scratch.

But people overwhelmingly approved of nolan's vision and they made piles of cash. Why fix something that ain't broke, especially since wayne is alive and well, chilling with his new girlfriend. You could even take some elements from the comics and do batman incorporated mixed with the prodigal son storyline. 'robin' takes on the mantle and the audience is informed that wayne is travelling the globe setting up his own league of shadows like syndicate (obviously to help people not to kill them off) then at the end have the big climax be him returning to gotham. Nice way to continue the bat franchise and also possibly set up a nightwing storyline for jgl.

But no... Let's see batman begins redux for no reason.

I agree. The Spiderman and Superman films make me mad. The only redeeming feature for Superman is that Nolan is involved, so it will probably be good. I like his gritty style.

I would really like to point out again how well Bale acted in DKR. Bane also did well acting with his eyes. He was able to show lunacy with his eyes, very calculated looks.
    I don't even count Superman Returns as a movie. While I was interesting to see how they would possibly portray Superman through CGI and newer filming, I don't even pay attention to it. I never was really a fan of the original Superman movies. So I'm looking forward to something that will do Superman justice.

They should definitely keep continuity with Nolan's Batman. Superhero movies are lame a lot of the time because we've all seen/heard their origin story 100 times. More interesting things can be done with the character if you don't have to reboot the origin every couple years.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    They should definitely keep continuity with Nolan's Batman. Superhero movies are lame a lot of the time because we've all seen/heard their origin story 100 times. More interesting things can be done with the character if you don't have to reboot the origin every couple years.
    If you continue with Nolan's version, you have to leave Bruce Wayne out of it.

TDKR was a very happy ending. You canot pull someone back in with that kind of ending.

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan

TDKR was a very happy ending. You canot pull someone back in with that kind of ending.
    Continuing with Robin as Batman would work.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan

if wayne had died then yeah you oviously couldn't bring him back, but his final scene was him having drinks with catwoman in france...

What's he going to do for the rest of his life. Bruce wayne can't live without batman. If anything, bruce wayne is the disguise (as 'robin' pointed out). He'd just go back to being a crazy, crippled hermit.

3-time NBA All-Star

Continuing with Robin as Batman would work.
    What doesn't make sense about that is who is going to train Robin? His background is being a cop. Would be one thing if Bruce Wayne trained him, but I don't think I could buy this average cop all of a sudden being able to kick everyone's ass at the same time all the time.

I don't think these trilogies should really be compared. The Dark Knight were all largely independent each other with only a few storylines carrying over from one movie to the next. Star Wars and LOTR are like 9 hour movies broken into 3.