Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA 2k13 - Quick & Easy VC

It works. I haven't done it at the rooke game though I did it with my first game and was getting 250 each game. Dunno if it's worth it considering it's only like 200 microsoft points for 10k vc.

Whelp, you don't need to stare at the screen while you do this.

I'm on my computer doing the normal shit I would be doing while I have the controller against my stomach in one hand pressing buttons when I need to. The pace slows down a little, but after awhile it's like driving to work -- you don't even notice you are doing it and suddenly you are there. When I need a break I just throw on a coach mode game.

I've been collecting and then adding to my guy every 10k-ish (so about every 45-60 minutes). Finally got my rookie to a respectable 74 overall. I did the math and I need 11,490 more VC to get where I want to be in terms of attributes. That's 11,490 total for the rest of my career. After that, I don't really care much to make a super player.

Although still have to buy those skills. I just read through all of them and the only one I really want is the one where you improve your shot making on contacted layups and dunks. I want to purchase level one of that and then I'll finally start playing with my rook.

Also animations. I already bought what I wanted in that except for dunk packages. Then I guess the miscellaneous crap like a suit.

Oh, another risky way of getting VC is buying the gold pack for My Team in the market. It costs 1500, but you could potentially get a player worth 10 or 15k+. Then you resell that guy and you made out big.

Of course if you're unlucky like me, you will get crap not even worth what you spent. I bought two packs equalling 3k VC. The total value of what I received back was about 500.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 10-09-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Wait getting all this vc can you use it in Mycareer and buy abilities, attributes and what have you? I have 7,563 so I'm guessing you use this throughout game modes?

I'm not buying vc, dont care its only 200 Microsoft points. Ripoff.

You can buy that **** for actual money?! Haha, wow 2K.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Wait getting all this vc can you use it in Mycareer and buy abilities, attributes and what have you? I have 7,563 so I'm guessing you use this throughout game modes?

I'm not buying vc, dont care its only 200 Microsoft points. Ripoff.
    Yes, the VC is for everything. Random outfits for the weird dancing "MyPlayer" in the main menu of the game, packs of players for the MyTeam mode, and attributes, signature skills, etc. for your player in MyCareer.

Interestingly, I've found playing exhibition games yields more VC coins than playing MyCareer itself. For a normal game in MyCareer, it seems I'm snagging anywhere between 38 and 158 VC per contest. Meanwhile, playing an exhibition game (9 minute quarters) yields 460 VC coins. So strangely, the best way to improve my MyPlayer at this point seems to be by not playing MyPlayer.

Also, agreed on the ripoff. I'll personally never be dropping any real life cash on video game coins. And quick note, be careful when looking at the "MyPlayer" jewelry. Someone told me they can only be bought with real money, so I went to inspect the item to prove the ridiculousness to my brothers. Without any sort of price given or confirmation, clicking on the watch brought about a "Purchasing" pop-up. I frantically shut the game off in distress. Thankfully, the purchase didn't take.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 10-11-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Woah wtf it's not working anymore? I was able to use it 1 time but can't do it anymore. Sigh..I guess I'm back to playing blacktop mode

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    Woah wtf it's not working anymore? I was able to use it 1 time but can't do it anymore. Sigh..I guess I'm back to playing blacktop mode
    They patched it...

Of course it takes forever to get a decent roster or to stabilize online play, but a glitch that takes helps us keep the money they are stealing from us... 24 hours later and it's patched.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    They patched it...

Of course it takes forever to get a decent roster or to stabilize online play, but a glitch that takes helps us keep the money they are stealing from us... 24 hours later and it's patched.
    Fortunately however 2k are morons and took everything I said literally.
    They only patched it for key games
    Can still do it in any other game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    Fortunately however 2k are morons and took everything I said literally.
    They only patched it for key games
    Can still do it in any other game of the season.
    at least you can still get around 100-200 if you play good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Yes, the VC is for everything. Random outfits for the weird dancing "MyPlayer" in the main menu of the game, packs of players for the MyTeam mode, and attributes, signature skills, etc. for your player in MyCareer.

Interestingly, I've found playing exhibition games yields more VC coins than playing MyCareer itself. For a normal game in MyCareer, it seems I'm snagging anywhere between 38 and 158 VC per contest. Meanwhile, playing an exhibition game (9 minute quarters) yields 460 VC coins. So strangely, the best way to improve my MyPlayer at this point seems to be by not playing MyPlayer.

Also, agreed on the ripoff. I'll personally never be dropping any real life cash on video game coins. And quick note, be careful when looking at the "MyPlayer" jewelry. Someone told me they can only be bought with real money, so I went to inspect the item to prove the ridiculousness to my brothers. Without any sort of price given or confirmation, clicking on the watch brought about a "Purchasing" pop-up. I frantically shut the game off in distress. Thankfully, the purchase didn't take.
    460 just by completing an exhibition game? Wow, seems like that might be the way to go then. I wonder if adjusting slides, nba rules affects the 460 tho. I completed the rookie showcase. Havent touched any attributes, practices or anything. Pretty much a raw myplayer at this point. Yet I have over 10,000 vc. So I can simply improve my player without having done anything. Strange indeed.

You're right 460 on 9mins. Wonder if thats for 12mins as well. I put it on Rookie 5mins and got 260. Exhibtion you can make good vc. You can affect the rules and it doesnt affect vc either. I messed with it.

I think I started with 15K VC today and currently with 20K

I don't know if anyone has used the app for android or iphone, but it's really easy to collect points.

Do the the signature mini game, draw a smile at the bottom (you know... a sidewards parenthesis ")" ) as your sig since you need to mimic it again. It takes me 15 seconds to get 50 VC.

Or the trivia one is rather easy if you know your shit. That lasts maybe 10-15 seconds as well. 50 vc if you get 5 out of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    I think I started with 15K VC today and currently with 20K
    The sun called, it said it misses seeing you. How bout you give it a look tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    The sun called, it said it misses seeing you. How bout you give it a look tomorrow?
    I had to go to school so the sun got the best of me smh. It won't see me on weekends, though.