Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I explained it. You intentionally mock Griffin by using the word GOAT in the title when clearly Griffin isn't and will never be the GOAT. You just manipulated the situation and I felt like you worded it in a way where obviously everybody was going to piss on Griffin.
    If you actually read the op it says does he have top five goat power forward potential.

I used your exact words. I'm not responsible for the people who dot read the op and just post based off the title, the title draws people in to read the actual post so that i can get a wide variety of answers. everybody on ISH does it, including yourself.

"Does Blake griffin have the potential to be a top 5 power forward of all time?" Is just long And awkward.

I clarified everything in the actual post and even directly asked you for some insight on why you believe he has that level of potential.

Get off my knutts

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
    He's actually been suffering a lot in the offense employed by Chris Paul. But the leash around his neck is wearing out and he's getting better and better and some day it's going to explode and he's going to dominate. For people that said Chris Paul would make Blake Griffin...it's been more like the opposite tbh although it's been looking better recently.

#unleashgriffin
    Yeah, Griffin and CP3 do not fit each other well. Clippers need to make a choice between the two. CP3 is obvious the better player, and Griffin is already in decline though being younger. If I were Clippers FO I trade Griffin, Bledsoe, Odom(used to balance salary) and picks to Wolves for Kevin Love and Alexey Shved by Dec 15th.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    If you actually read the op it says does he have top five goat power forward potential.

I used your exact words. I'm not responsible for the people who dot read the op and just post based off the title, the title draws people in to read the actual post so that i can get a wide variety of answers. everybody on ISH does it, including yourself.

"Does Blake griffin have the potential to be a top 5 power forward of all time?" Is just long And awkward.

I clarified everything in the actual post and even directly asked you for some insight on why you believe he has that level of potential.

Get off my knutts
    He's off to the best 3 year start of almost any PF in NBA history. So of course the potential is there considering he's still raw and has a lot of refining to do. Barkley talked about him being one of the top 5 PF's of all time if he keeps working hard and refines his game. Hell Barkley said Blake had potential to be BETTER than him .

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote Originally Posted by The Nets
    Yeah, Griffin and CP3 do not fit each other well. Clippers need to make a choice between the two. CP3 is obvious the better player, and Griffin is already in decline though being younger. If I were Clippers FO I trade Griffin, Bledsoe, Odom(used to balance salary) and picks to Wolves for Kevin Love and Alexey Shved by Dec 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapallaz
    No way too little D and too little moves on O.
    1. Tim Duncan - #9
    2. Kevin Garnett - #16
    3. Karl Malone - #17
    4. Charles Barkley - #18
    5. Bob Pettit - #20
    6. Dirk Nowitzki - #22
    7. Dolph Schayes - #38
    8. Kevin McHale - #40
    9. Elvin Hayes - #44
    10. Dennis Rodman - #50

Yup, no D, but also not enough O to overtake Barkley, Dirk, McHale.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    1. Tim Duncan - #9
    2. Kevin Garnett - #16
    3. Karl Malone - #17
    4. Charles Barkley - #18
    5. Bob Pettit - #20
    6. Dirk Nowitzki - #22
    7. Dolph Schayes - #38
    8. Kevin McHale - #40
    9. Elvin Hayes - #44
    10. Dennis Rodman - #50

Yup, no D, but also not enough O to overtake Barkley, Dirk, McHale.
    Yes let's make this assessment based on 2 years and about two months from Blake. Blake's defense is already close if not better than no defense players Barkley, Dirk and McHale and he's just in his 3rd year. Blake has potential to become an elite man defender in the KG mold. Never a great shotblocker but a great ball thief for the PF spot and a versatile, top tier man defender. We are seeing it now.

Blake has potential to become an elite man defender in the KG mold.
    Cmon. You're abusing the word potential.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Cmon. You're abusing the word potential.
    I don't mean ever nearly as good as KG defensively. I mean in the sense that most of his defensive damage is done on the man D and positional defense. Blake can become a great man defender and is already becoming a "good" one this year.

Yes let's make this assessment based on 2 years and about two months from Blake. Blake's defense is already close if not better than no defense players Barkley, Dirk and McHale and he's just in his 3rd year.

Just saying, bro...

Yes, if he improves considerably and doesn't get injured, none of which are guaranteed.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Yes let's make this assessment based on 2 years and about two months from Blake. Blake's defense is already close if not better than no defense players Barkley, Dirk and McHale and he's just in his 3rd year. Blake has potential to become an elite man defender in the KG mold. Never a great shotblocker but a great ball thief for the PF spot and a versatile, top tier man defender. We are seeing it now.
    With T-rex arms, easily rattled, and terrible footwork basically the opposite of KG. I dont think so.

Gotta love CF86 I wish he was back honestly

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Blake has similar qualities as Barkley in terms of athletic ability, passing and handles.

Now the difference is Barkley`s strength, godly post game, overall offensive abilities inside the 3-pointline, intimidation, coast to coasts etc.

Whats Blakes 2-Point FG% and PPG through it?

Decent college freshman

I thought he did but now I'm not so sure. The easily rattled part gives me pause. You have to be confident.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I called him weak sauce eons ago.

Was never enamored with his game.

He's improved, but he's not THERE, yet.

There's many players that have tons of talent, great skills, athleticism etc. But the GREATS the 'true' Greats, have 'IT'.

Magic's game didn't scream out tons of 'skill' per se, but he had 'IT'. Griffin always disappoints. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone this off season or if CP3 demands to be traded if he's still there. I think CP3 defers to him too much. He doesn't want to offend him and fully take the team over.