Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Dwight Howard wants to be in the Dunk Contest

Dwight Howard and his camp likely will request an invitation from the NBA for the Magic center to compete in the slam-dunk contest during all-star weekend in mid-February.

The event has catered to smaller, creative players, but Howard wants to show that big men have flair, despite their obvious size advantage, and he's working on some tricks.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...coll=orl-magic

Out of all the bigmen in the league, I think he may be the only one who won't look silly in the dunk contest........does he have a chance if he enters?

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...coll=orl-magic

Out of all the bigmen in the league, I think he may be the only one who won't look silly in the dunk contest........does he have a chance if he enters?
    Not really... at this time two years ago I'd thought Amare was the only big to have a remote chance of winning it... but big men just don't have the aesthetic flair that wins dunk contests.

Banned

Default ...

he has no chance... i also dont think the league wants him breaking the backboards either.

he has no chance to win if he does compete. The only reason Amare looked good in the contest is because of Nash helping him out, other than that big man dunks, while better in-game, are not considered as elegant and exciting in a dunk contest format.

He has no great dunk moves. It'll be Daryl Armstrong minus the misses. And i use this reference because i thought it was a joke he was in it. Same as i do if Dwight is. A complete joke. Rest.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    he has no chance... i also dont think the league wants him breaking the backboards either.
    It would be sick to see a big-time hang-time, 180 or 360, backboard shatterer

Banned

That dunk at the 1:00 mark would get some 10s....http://youtube.com/watch?v=LzSjn9lBbJ4

pause that **** at the peak of his jump

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    That dunk at the 1:00 mark would get some 10s....http://youtube.com/watch?v=LzSjn9lBbJ4

pause that **** at the peak of his jump
    I hate that video because of how those idiots laugh. Man they got stupid laughs. I bet they drool when they laugh like that.

Bosh had a nasty dunk...dunk contest worthy? Nope.

where's the glamour in dunking when you can nearly touch the rim when standing flat on the ground?

james white is going to take it this year.

Saw a basketball once dsparksd49353's Avatar

Id like to see him in it Chris "tha birdman" Andersen was in it a few years ago and didnt do bad. Of course he now does drugs and is out of the leagure lmao!!!!

Myrrh

Quote Originally Posted by dsparksd49353
    Chris "tha birdman" Andersen was in it a few years ago and didnt do bad
    You're kidding, right?

I think he meant the year before the endless attempts...

And dwight has crazy hops and his explosiveness is quite entertaining....i think he looks much nicer than amare when he dunks, amare is more compact dwight has long limbs making him more graceful

That's not saying that he has a chance but I'd still like to see what he can pull off

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretik32
    You're kidding, right?
    he's probably talking about the first time he was in it, he didnt do bad that time.

Big guys just don't work in the dunk contest, but they sure look good in games when it is on someone.

Amare didn't work out, and neither will Dwight, unless they send some scrub out there from the practice squad and see who can dunk on him the hardest.

instead of we all here saying big men wont work n so on..
    how about we appreciate the fact that a star is willing to enter the slam dunk contest?