Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain swishes four 3-point range hook shots in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    What's your point? That he actually never opened his mouth? That he said something else? Provide evidence.
    BTW, there had been a user many years ago in another forum (the insiders and later RealGM) who had claimed he had viewed a video of Wilt making exactly such types of shots. Probably he was talking about the same "fake" footage that almost anyone here is looking for the first time.

look at his mouth. it moves up and down. and the lips only go up and down like a puppet lol

thats not how people talk..

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    lol@ dan needing his right hand to make those shots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLMjUE0yiks
    Seriously, get help. You're way too obsessed with another grown man who has no f***ing clue who you are.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    What's your point? That he actually never opened his mouth? That he said something else? Provide evidence.
    BTW, there had been a user many years ago in another forum (the insiders and later RealGM) who had claimed he had viewed a video of Wilt making exactly such types of shots. Probably he was talking about the same "fake" footage that almost anyone here is looking for the first time.
    Haha, something is wrong with the guy, it's a great trickshot..

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    just noticed something verry strange about this wilt video. if you look at the other laker player's mouth when he says "this is the one i'm talkin about for 5 dollars"

it almost looks like its shopped in. looks verry strange.

watch from 0:19 to 0:21

might be fake now that i saw this. his mouth looks stretched and weird like a guy was making his lips move with a computer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0IC8...user-u#t=0m18s
    You're probably deceived by the combination of beard, fat lips and the fact that picture and sound are not synchronized. Just mute the video and watch him again, he'll appear much more normal.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Haha, something is wrong with the guy, it's a great trickshot..
    No he's right... guys I have to come clean - I faked the footage. I took an advanced course on adobe after effects so that I could manipulate their mouths in the footage. Then I took footage of Wilt bricking hook shots in practice and edited them extremely craftily with shots when a basketball went into the net. Then I recorded my own voice with voice synthesizers and learned 70's Jive phrases like "Savoir faire" so that I could sound like Wilt and his teammate and dub over the actual conversation which was about Wilt missing the shots rather than making them. All because I was desperate to show Wilt could shoot hook shots in practice I'm so ashamed

Banned

Lord Almighty!

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    No he's right... guys I have to come clean - I faked the footage. I took an advanced course on adobe after effects so that I could manipulate their mouths in the footage. Then I took footage of Wilt bricking hook shots in practice and edited them extremely craftily with shots when a basketball went into the net. Then I recorded my own voice with voice synthesizers and learned 70's Jive phrases like "Savoir faire" so that I could sound like Wilt and his teammate and dub over the actual conversation which was about Wilt missing the shots rather than making them. All because I was desperate to show Wilt could shoot hook shots in practice I'm so ashamed
    What the ****, you always do shit like this, you asshole.
    This is like the time you speed up the footage of Wilt to make him look more impressive, just because you're insecure about your guy it doesn't mean that you can go around and manipulate every freaking footage you come over. It's not weird that Wilt gets alot of hate on ISH, it's because of fools like you who are so insecure about his skillset that you have to go on and edit the videos just to make him look better. IDIOT!

[COLOR="White"]KIDDING! <3[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    What the ****, you always do shit like this, you asshole.
    This is like the time you speed up the footage of Wilt to make him look more impressive, just because you're insecure about your guy it doesn't mean that you can go around and manipulate every freaking footage you come over. It's not weird that Wilt gets alot of hate on ISH, it's because of fools like you who are so insecure about his skillset that you have to go on and edit the videos just to make him look better. IDIOT!

[COLOR="White"]KIDDING! <3[/COLOR]
    I'm Sorry - Kenneth just needed to know he was right. Great job good effort Kenneth, for uncovering my sneaky elaborate plot
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-20-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

It seems edited to me.

I happen to believe he sinked a few (or even 4) hook shots from 3 point range, just not in succession. The individual shots look normal, the whole clip does not. Plus there was onlly one shot where the whole motion and the basket were visible at the same time. As for the las shot, all we saw was a swish. Not only do we not know if it was a hook shot, we can't even tell who was shooting the ball.

You know, it is very strange. They have a camera there to 'incidentally' make this clip. Yet, the cameraman doesn't show us the crazy shots, but another guy's mugshot instead.

Sorry, I'm not buying this.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    It seems edited to me.

I happen to believe he sinked a few (or even 4) hook shots from 3 point range, just not in succession. The individual shots look normal, the whole clip does not. Plus there was onlly one shot where the whole motion and the basket were visible at the same time. As for the las shot, all we saw was a swish. Not only do we not know if it was a hook shot, we can't even tell who was shooting the ball.

You know, it is very strange. They have a camera there to 'incidentally' make this clip. Yet, the cameraman doesn't show us the crazy shots, but another guy's mugshot instead.

Sorry, I'm not buying this.
    right and the dialogue about "I just made the last 3 of em" is just synthesized.... FFS Millwad isn't even making a fuss about the video and he's pretty hardline about any questionable claims and content - anybody who can't figure out that the video has simply been cut-down for time reasons (to fit into the documentary from which it came) is just being ridiculous

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    right and the dialogue about "I just made the last 3 of em" is just synthesized.... FFS Millwad isn't even making a fuss about the video and he's pretty hardline about any questionable claims and content - anybody who can't figure out that the video has simply been cut-down for time reasons (to fit into the documentary from which it came) is just being ridiculous
    OK

I have no dog in this fight. If Wilt did indeed sink 4 such shots in a row, more power to him. The clip still doesn't look normal to me, however, I can assure you I wasn't there when it happened, so I may be wrong. My guess is you haven't been there either, so we may as well continue to think what we do.

It's no big deal either way to me. I watched the clip several times, and it just didn't come accross as a documentary to me. Sorry.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    OK

I have no dog in this fight. If Wilt did indeed sink 4 such shots in a row, more power to him. The clip still doesn't look normal to me, however, I can assure you I wasn't there when it happened, so I may be wrong. My guess is you haven't been there either, so we may as well continue to think what we do.

It's no big deal either way to me. I watched the clip several times, and it just didn't come accross as a documentary to me. Sorry.
    Come on man.... it's ripped directly from the documentary.

"Touched by Gold: '72 Lakers"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsjhum at 32:00.

holy cow.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Come on man.... it's ripped directly from the documentary.

"Touched by Gold: '72 Lakers"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsjhum at 32:00.

holy cow.
    his lingering skepticism is funny cause I think he's being serious

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    This is exactly the kinda thing that if some old coach said they saw him do people would be on here laughing and calling them lying old nutjobs spreading myths.
    I don't think so. I mean, Magic and Jordan I think were doing hook shots near or at the 3pt line while they were on the dream team I believe. Vince Carter made a shot while sitting down on the other side of the court I think. Or he did it at half court.

Not too hard to believe that ppl did those things back then as well as now.

It's what you do in game that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    I don't think so. I mean, Magic and Jordan I think were doing hook shots near or at the 3pt line while they were on the dream team I believe. Vince Carter made a shot while sitting down on the other side of the court I think. Or he did it at half court.

Not too hard to believe that ppl did those things back then as well as now.

It's what you do in game that matters.
    Kblaze is 100% right. We are in the generation of footage/pics or it didn't happen - despite most of Wilt's era not being on film people still refuse to believe anything happened from back then unless it was recorded on film. Eyewitness account doesn't mean anything to some people especially with all the implausible sounding stories surrounding Wilt. Maybe you personally wouldn't have found this scenario hard to believe but I can quite easily picture this story being told from eyewitness account and people rolling their eyes or dying of laughter hearing about the old delusional John Trapp or Happy Hairston account of Wilt sinking several consecutive hook shots from deep in the corners, then Trapp betting he couldn't make another and Trapp or Hairston recounting "and it was all nothing but net, every single time, he made it look easy - he was unbelievable"... seriously, Wilt get's shredded from all his implausible stories. This, if told rather than shown, would be just another implausible Wilt tall-tale. People would point out that he never shoots hook-shots in games, and that Kareem doesn't even shoot skyhooks that far out, the skeptics always have a field day with any Wilt story if there is no footage to back it up
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-20-2012 at 11:13 PM.