Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Cuba

Default Re: One on One: Jordan vs. LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    No, he really didn't. In fact, he kept getting bogus calls against him in game 1 of the '91 Finals. People who think Jordan got calls should watch some of the doozies Magic got against Jordan in the post -- total non-fouls called as fouls, which led to the belief that Magic gave Jordan trouble in the post. Watch the game.
    I have watched the game, the problem is I dont have Jordan goggles, all I saw was a 6"9 guy with about 30lbs weight advantage, getting the better of a smaller player, but I guess Jordan defies the laws of phsyics, no?

And again, what sort of post game does Lebron have? As soon as he puts that ball in front of him on a face up it's getting stolen by Jordan. So he had better have a post game -- too bad he's never demonstrated a great one like Magic had.

To talk with such certainty over a game that will never happen is just ridiculous, how do you know? I dont think LeBron would really need Kevin McHale's post game in a one on one setting to beat a guy that is about 3 inches shorter, and 40-50lbs lighter. I see it as this, whoever gets the ball to start, would probably win that game, Jordan has the quickness edge, LeBron has the sheer power edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Uhh.. he's stronger?
    Yeah,

LeBron would defitnetly kick MJ's a$$ in the Octagon.

First round Knock Out or Second Round Knock Out by the King?

Simulation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6WQL...elated&search=

Michael Jordan vs. Himself

This will be the outcome of the Michael Jordan vs. LBJ one on one Game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    I have watched the game, the problem is I dont have Jordan goggles, all I saw was a 6"9 guy with about 30lbs weight advantage, getting the better of a smaller player, but I guess Jordan defies the laws of phsyics, no?
    You certainly didn't see more than one legit foul, yet 4-5 were called, all in the post. Anyone can watch the game and see what I'm talking about. Magic got ridiculous calls against Jordan in the post in that series. Ridiculous.

To talk with such certainty over a game that will never happen is just ridiculous, how do you know? I dont think LeBron would really need Kevin McHale's post game in a one on one setting to beat a guy that is about 3 inches shorter, and 40-50lbs lighter. I see it as this, whoever gets the ball to start, would probably win that game, Jordan has the quickness edge, LeBron has the sheer power edge.
    He doesn't need McHale's post game, but he needs SOME sort of post game. He has none. Lebron's gonna score 20 straight on Jordan if it's his ball first? Highly doubtful. His handle isn't good enough to keep Jordan from ripping it at least once, much less to keep Jordan from forcing him into one bad shot in 20 possessions. I mean, you can't be serious...

This is a retarded thread because Jordan obviously wins a one on one game at this point in his career. It is not fair to compare Lebron now we should at least wait for him to play into his prime and see what he is like then. Maybe it will actually be debatable then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    This is a retarded thread because Jordan obviously wins a one on one game at this point in his career. It is not fair to compare Lebron now we should at least wait for him to play into his prime and see what he is like then. Maybe it will actually be debatable then.

Unless LeBron becomes a solid defender and develops that consistent jump shot, MJ wins easily.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by Loki

He doesn't need McHale's post game, but he needs SOME sort of post game. He has none. Lebron's gonna score 20 straight on Jordan if it's his ball first? Highly doubtful. His handle isn't good enough to keep Jordan from ripping it at least once, much less to keep Jordan from forcing him into one bad shot in 20 possessions. I mean, you can't be serious...
    Point out to me where I said LeBron would score 20 straight, I'd really like to see it. I said whoever gets the ball first, would most likely win, not score 20 straight. In a one on one setting, you dont need some polished post game when there's a big size difference, especially when both of them are perimeter players, nor do you need a great handle. When the difference is more than 40lbs, that is huge, there's no 3 sec lane violation, no 5 second back to the basket rule, no help defender...nothing....what need is there for a post game, when there's a distinct power and weight advantage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    Point out to me where I said LeBron would score 20 straight, I'd really like to see it. I said whoever gets the ball first, would most likely win, not score 20 straight. In a one on one setting, you dont need some polished post game when there's a big size difference, especially when both of them are perimeter players, nor do you need a great handle. When the difference is more than 40lbs, that is huge, there's no 3 sec lane violation, no 5 second back to the basket rule, no help defender...nothing....what need is there for a post game, when there's a distinct power and weight advantage.
    Okay. So Lebron isn't going to get the ball ripped repeatedly by Jordan. He's going to win a one-on-one game by essentially running over Jordan despite having no discernible post game and Jordan not being nearly as weak as the weight difference would imply (he was significantly stronger than a guy like Tayshaun, for instance). Sorry, but I don't buy it.

Superstar

Lebron isn't the best one on one player in the game.

A more interesting matchup would be Jordan v Kobe. Jordan wins still but Kobe matches up better against MJ than Bron would.

One legendary playoff performance and this happens. Funny part is 2 games ago, people were ripping his ass apart, how fast people are influenced.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Lebron isn't the best one on one player in the game.

A more interesting matchup would be Jordan v Kobe. Jordan wins still but Kobe matches up better against MJ than Bron would.

One legendary playoff performance and this happens. Funny part is 2 games ago, people were ripping his ass apart, how fast people are influenced.

I don't think Lebron's playoff performance is legendary at all.

IMO

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    More like 30.

And guys, size doesn't matter.
    Then why was you girl likening it so much when I filled her up? ?

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12

IMO
    No, its legendary and he deserves mad props and praise for it but not this far.

Lets GO PENS!

IMO

Barkelys, Ernies, The Jet, Rick Camela >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>your opion

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    No, its legendary and he deserves mad props and praise for it but not this far.
    i don't know sizzle...

the word "legendary" is pretty strong...Jordan had plenty of huge playoff games.

do you really think that people will remember that game say ....5 years from now?

I am not saying that they won't but I know there are games that Jordan had that i will NEVER forget

IMO
    GTF-Out of here!

The DUde went complete ape balls last night.