Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Everyone has lost their mind on Lebron...

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    He dropped 63 against an ATG Boston team. MJ had to face much stiffer competition while he was under manned. Not to mention, when he won his first and 2nd ring, Pippen wasn't even the Pippen we know today. He was a scared puppy dog out there. MJ had to beat that toughness into him, day by day, practice by practice, game by game, series by series.

MJ overall impact >>>>>>>> LBJ.

The Bulls without MJ were one bad call away from the ECF. The Cavaliers without LeBron lost 26 games in a row. Back the f.uck off me, son

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Is Jordan going to average 48/12/10 ?

Is he going to guard Dwight?

You keep pushing that 09 ECF agenda that LeBron some how blew the that series. When only one other Cavalier other than him shot a respectable FG pct (Varejao)
    You could add the fact that LBJ is a ball dominating player. He doesn't fully allow his teammates to show their true potential. Of course, he posts up some nice assists, but that doesn't mean shit. He makes players around him play out of position.

Ex. First year with Wade and Bosh. He turned Bosh into the laughing stock of the league, and had Wade contemplating suicide.

Banned

The Bulls without MJ were one bad call away from the ECF. The Cavaliers without LeBron lost 26 games in a row. Back the f.uck off me, son
    That was the 2nd 3 peat ERA. All you do is bring in your corny little one liners, and little jabs at players.

Is that your job in life, too hate on the GOAT???

Nah, it's to worship your idol LBJ with all your fervor and might.

You could add the fact that LBJ is a ball dominating player. He doesn't fully allow his teammates to show their true potential. Of course, he posts up some nice assists, but that doesn't mean shit. He makes players around him play out of position.

Ex. First year with Wade and Bosh. He turned Bosh into the laughing stock of the league, and had Wade contemplating suicide.

Which players on the 09 Cavaliers team could create their own shot? They won 66 games with defense and LeBron setting his teammates up. Where they suppose to call more isolation plays for Varejao? The rest of the post is just pure trolling. Still a butthurt f.aggot mad at making Rose a joke

That was the 2nd 3 peat ERA. All you do is bring in your corny little one liners, and little jabs at players.

Is that your job in life, too hate on the GOAT???

Nah, it's to worship your idol LBJ with all your fervor and might.

Like I said, they were one bad call away from the ECF. The Cavs without LeBron lost 26 games in a row.

Banned

Which players on the 09 Cavaliers team could create their own shot? They won 66 games with defense and LeBron setting his teammates up. Where they suppose to call more isolation plays for Varejao? The rest of the post is just pure trolling. Still a butthurt f.aggot mad at making Rose a joke
    Look at your avatar, and the way you post. You're a troll, personified.

Serious question. How do you act around people in real life? Fa real, that's a serious question.

The way you interact with people online tells a lot about a man. Using the word man, lightly.

He couldn't even get past the 1st round without Pippen. He would do s.hit with Sasha Pavlovic and Joe Smith
    You mean the top 5 defense and rebounding team? Back to the ESPN boards kid

Look at your avatar, and the way you post. You're a troll, personified.

Serious question. How do you act around people in real life? Fa real, that's a serious question.

The way you interact with people online tells a lot about a man. Using the word man, lightly.
    the details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    That's not the problem here. Is that people in ESPN and here are saying he's on a level above Jordan when he hasn't prove he is. He has to prove himself in the playoffs yet again to be considered to be on his tier. Magic, Bird and heck even Kobe has proven that. I am pretty sure by the end of this season if he wins it all or depending how he loses in the finals (I won't consider playoffs because I don't anyone from the east beating them) he probably would be on the same tier as Kobe, Magic or Bird.
    What has Kobe done in the playoffs? He's NEVER had a playoff run that sniffs what LeBron James did last season.

Magic and Bird, Yeah, they have more titles, but guess what? LeBron's career post-season production and efficiency is far and away superior to both of them. Look up the stats dog.

Just give the man his due and be happy you're witnessing it all as it's happening.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    I seriously wonder if this kid has friends, family, significant other, or anything worth while in his life, if he's this deep in the LBJ kool aid.

It's quite frightening.

Banned

the details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
    Ok, what novel/movie is this from? Sounds very familiar.

Edit: You evil Dr. you!

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    there have been lots of players who have had stretches of domination in the regular season. guess it really doesn't mean much to me.
    LeBron's been pretty damn dominant for a large part of his career though. Every year people are saying "yeah he's playing good now, but how long can he keep it up?" Since the 2008-2009 season people have been talking about him playing great. Even before that (2003-2007 - his "pre prime") He was a 28/7/7 player with above average defense carrying scrub level teams to 50 wins.

Then since 2008 he's been playing at an all time level. His first MVP season saw the second highest PER ever (yeah I know it's a shit stat but it's just a shortcut stat for now as I'm sure you already know how great that year was) and he followed up that MVP by going to the conference finals on 35/9/6 averages and going down fighting against Orlando with 38/8/8.

He followed it up the next year with the first 50% FG% for a perimeter volume scorer since MJ and an MVP repeat - already historical as only 8 players have ever done that before, and averaged 30/9/7 for the season too in one of the more unanimous MVP wins. He started off the playoffs playing the same level against the Bulls series and part of the Celtics series, but following complaints of his elbow player poorly and ultimately didn't do well in the last few games of the series.

The following year with all the outrage about the decision and the Heat's poor play out of the gate he faced as much scrutiny as any player ever has, and while entering a brand new team, system, city etc. still put up an MVP level year and by the time the playoffs rolled around he was again garnering Jordan comparisons (from Jordan's teammate Pippen no less) up till the NBA finals. He put away both the Celtics and Bulls with an array of clutch shots and defense, and dominated the league MVP that year, not just winning the games but taking the defensive responsibility whenever the Heat needed to shut down Rose. He had that very disappointing finals series but it was still a relatively successful year considering new team and new everything.

He started off the following year hot, with a more comfortable post presence and now a full year under his belt playing with his Miami teammates, he looked much more comfortable everywhere from the get go. With a new play style cutting down on 3s and playing in the post, set yet another FG% career high on the way to yet another MVP - the 3rd in 4 years. Went onto the playoffs where he yet again showed all of these unclutch accusations were fictional, as he stepped up against both the Pacers and Celtics with 40 point games each time his team was down. Took home the championship and the finals MVP averaging 30/10/6 on 50% for the playoffs in only his second year on a real contending team.

And now he's yet again poised for an MVP, which would be his 4th in 5 years, a feat only accomplished once in NBA history (by Bill Russell). And yet again his play (not his accomplishments) are what garner the Jordan comparisons. He's playing at a level of dominance (for the whole year, just accentuated this last month) only matched by Shaq and Jordan (arguably the 2 most dominant players in NBA history) in the last 2 decades.

This isn't the first time he's been compared to all time greats. Even before his prime this guy had seasons of 32/6/6, and winning playoff series he had no business even competing in. He's been playing at an all time level for half a decade now, the best player in the NBA for each of the last 5 years. the last time an NBA player was the best in the league for 5 straight years? I'd think it was Jordan between '89-'93, but I'm not sure.

LeBron's been doing this for a while, it's not a new occurrence. 5 straight MVP level years (with 3 - likely 4 - MVPs) in that span isn't him just starting to play well all of a sudden.
    Last edited by Dave3; 02-15-2013 at 03:20 PM.

I seriously wonder if this kid has friends, family, significant other, or anything worth while in his life, if he's this deep in the LBJ kool aid.

It's quite frightening.
    He's a keyboard warrior. Just put that clown on ignore and stop quoting his posts.

This isn't even being facetious. He literally would have dropped those numbers in order for them to win.
    MJ has the most 40+ scoring games in NBA post season history, what's a few more

These Bron stans have no clue Jordan went off on the regular, they go crazy when Bron Bron hits mid 30s when MJ AVERAGED that in a lot of playoffs series. So MJ needs to score 40+ to win? Check

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy

You mean the one where they were relying on a rookie 2nd round PG to be the 2nd best player?