Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Krust Kingz

Default Re: How I can be sold on this team....

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    How about the Celtics 7-0 without Rondo.
    [COLOR="Navy"]I really cant understand how they are doing it either.

Every night though someone steps up. Avery Bradley is just the most pestering on ball defender in the NBA. Not for nothing but they do have a deep team thats still trying to figure it out. They have just enough experience and young players to maybe be solid but for the life of me 7-0 is ridiculous!

KG and The Truth are really carrying the load![/COLOR]

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek

Every night though someone steps up. Avery Bradley is just the most pestering on ball defender in the NBA. Not for nothing but they do have a deep team thats still trying to figure it out. They have just enough experience and young players to maybe be solid but for the life of me 7-0 is ridiculous!

They have alot of guys who can make plays too, not just guys who pass out of double teams.

They are definitely getting a total effort.

Default Re: Why I'm still not sold on this team

The bench just wasn't there tonight. That is the only reason they lost out in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    The bench just wasn't there tonight. That is the only reason they lost out in my mind.
    Starters besides Melo were also horrible.
    Kidd,Shumpert and Tyson didn't show up. Felton was solid on offense but got torched on defense.

Melo was our best player last night on both ends of the floor. Basically the only one who came to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Starters besides Melo were also horrible.
    Kidd,Shumpert and Tyson didn't show up. Felton was solid on offense but got torched on defense.

Melo was our best player last night on both ends of the floor. Basically the only one who came to play.
    Truth. I know its sometimes hard for players to really do well in a game where one guy on their team is tearing it up, but whether he was in or out I didn't see much aggression in the paint or scoring excepting Felton.

Maybe they will need an easy first round matchup to really heat up?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    Truth. I know its sometimes hard for players to really do well in a game where one guy on their team is tearing it up, but whether he was in or out I didn't see much aggression in the paint or scoring excepting Felton.

Maybe they will need an easy first round matchup to really heat up?
    If they play in the playoffs anywhere near yesterday, every matchup will beat them.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Celtics lost Leandro Barbosa now wow...[/COLOR]

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]Its obvious this team needs to improve defensively.

I would like to reiterate that once Shump gets healthy I need him to be a 15 pt scorer in the starting lineup.

I would like to see Stat featured more.

I would like to see Melo minutes curtailed so he can be ready for the playoffs.

[/COLOR]

I would like to reiterate that once Shump gets healthy I need him to be a 15 pt scorer in the starting lineup.

[/COLOR]
    agree on all except the 4th point.

He is currently 10th in qualified minutes played, and due to the amount of games he's missed, it's not an issue.

The best play, they just do.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/minutes

[/COLOR]
    What does need 15 and to start for shumpert mean? I still think its way more important to figure out how to use shumpert with Carmelo and jr. It would be nice to close games with those 3 guys.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    agree on all except the 4th point.

He is currently 10th in qualified minutes played, and due to the amount of games he's missed, it's not an issue.

The best play, they just do.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/minutes
    [COLOR="Navy"]Sorry but the problem is he is carrying a team single handily its not a good long term situation for success.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    What does need 15 and to start for shumpert mean? I still think its way more important to figure out how to use shumpert with Carmelo and jr. It would be nice to close games with those 3 guys.
    [COLOR="Navy"]Shumpert is a starting SG/SF for the NY Knicks. He can not be a 1 dimensional player. He needed to take a step forward offensively. He should be a 15 pt a game player. 3 single digit starters is retarded.[/COLOR]

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I remember when me and Rameek seemed to never agree. Those days are long gone lol You are preaching some church brother lol We are wearing Melo out and worst of all, we aren't even getting him help on the court. I could see if it was a LeBron situation where he's playing a lot of minutes but he can take breaks on the court because he has Wade and Bosh. Melo is carrying the load of scoring. He's getting zero help In the form of starters and JR Smith, while having his best season, is still always going to be up and down.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I remember when me and Rameek seemed to never agree. Those days are long gone lol You are preaching some church brother lol We are wearing Melo out and worst of all, we aren't even getting him help on the court. I could see if it was a LeBron situation where he's playing a lot of minutes but he can take breaks on the court because he has Wade and Bosh. Melo is carrying the load of scoring. He's getting zero help In the form of starters and JR Smith, while having his best season, is still always going to be up and down.
    Melo has earned my respect! We agree about everything these days! I guess I'm part of your cult lol

J.R. shot chart

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I can. Knickscity knows my stance on Rondo. Good...but overrated.

As for our Knicks, all I know is, Grunwald needs to get busy. You can't be in "win now" mode and have this roster. That doesn't add up. You HAVE to, at the very least, replace Sheed and/or Camby. You gave Camby 4 mill+ over 3 years. Obviously, you thought he'd be a significant part of your team. So now that he's out, you need to replace that void.