Default Jordan brand should sponsor NBA (instead of adidas)

Subject pretty much says it all.

I know years ago Jordan lamented at Bulls owner Reinsdorf about how underpaid he was for what he providing for the Bulls, the NBA, and the game of basketball overall to the world.

I figure what better way for Jordan for getting something back by allowing his brand to be the NBA's sponsor.

It sure beats the overly prominent 3 stripes I find annoying. Adidas is too euro and too soccer.

Nothing is more American basketball than Jordan brand.

While they are at it, let Derrick Rose be part of Jordan brand team and let him have his own shoe.

Default Re: Jordan brand should sponsor NBA (instead of adidas)

Maybe 5-10 years ago, but the new Jordans meant for actually playing ball in are ugly as **** and cheaply made. I still love the retros though

Adidas has a 11 year sponsorship deal for being the official apparel supplier for NBA starting in 2006.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2404020

so its gonna be awhile until someone else can give the NBA a better offer and that might be anyone's game, including Nike or Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Subject pretty much says it all.

I know years ago Jordan lamented at Bulls owner Reinsdorf about how underpaid he was for what he providing for the Bulls, the NBA, and the game of basketball overall to the world.

I figure what better way for Jordan for getting something back by allowing his brand to be the NBA's sponsor.

It sure beats the overly prominent 3 stripes I find annoying. Adidas is too euro and too soccer.

Nothing is more American basketball than Jordan brand.

While they are at it, let Derrick Rose be part of Jordan brand team and let him have his own shoe.

Did others make more money off of Jordan than Jordan himself? Probably.

But this thing that the NBA took advantage of him and he was underpaid is some bullshit. The NBA and Chicago covered up a lot of silly mess Jordan did, and on top of that he got paid 25 million dollars for ONE SEASON OF BASKETBALL. He sacrificed salary so the Bulls could surround him with talent.

MJ was not a saint, he was an asshole who sold overpriced shoes to kids that did whatever they could to be like their idol....and what did HE do?

Invest in prisons.

What an Uncle Tom ass negro.n (sorry but that's how I feel).

Jordan is only good for retros and even they are getting old with every tom, dick, and harry thinking they are fresh and swaggerific for spending 160 on some shoes.

Adidas is the "new" shit....get with the times man.

Good college starter

Under Armour will be making the uniforms for the NBA next season. I actually like Under Armour and looking forward to what they have in store.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    Under Armour will be making the uniforms for the NBA next season. I actually like Under Armour and looking forward to what they have in store.
    Is that official news? I like that idea. Adidas is terrible. I'm not a fan of Nike or Adidas being the gear sponsor. I like seeing a 3rd party who doesn't dominate the sneaker game getting the opportunity to show case their stuff. Much like in the 90's how Champion did the gear, and Nike / Adidas just took care of the footwear.

This is simply not true. NBA and Adidas signed an agreement in 2006 for an 11 year deal. That means until 2017. I don't know where you got this from.

They DID sign a deal last year that allows them to use NBA jerseys in their advertising. That's it.

I don't think the NBA wants to be funding MJ's gambling habit (dare I say addiction )

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Is that official news? I like that idea. Adidas is terrible. I'm not a fan of Nike or Adidas being the gear sponsor. I like seeing a 3rd party who doesn't dominate the sneaker game getting the opportunity to show case their stuff. Much like in the 90's how Champion did the gear, and Nike / Adidas just took care of the footwear.
    Why is adidas terrible?

Seems like you're just bitching for the sake of it because you don't give any examples.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Why is adidas terrible?

Seems like you're just bitching for the sake of it because you don't give any examples.
    Why is Adidas terrible?

Because of the OBNOXIOUS placement of their logo on the gear. The three stripes being boldly placed everywhere for the sake of it is jarring.

See all the terrible ASG outfits in recent years, team warm up suits, etc.

Good college starter

@Burgz V2, I meant to say that the NBA signed a multi-year deal back in 2011 that will let Under Armour show its endorsers in NBA uniforms when they promote Under Armour footwear and refurbish courts around the world. I actaully wouldn't mind seeing Under Armour make uniforms for the NBA. They have some good basketball shoes. Every body is always riding on Nike and Jordan Brands jock. I wear Nikes and Jordan Brand but I think its time for some new flavor.

@Burgz V2, I meant to say that the NBA signed a multi-year deal back in 2011 that will let Under Armour show its endorsers in NBA uniforms when they promote Under Armour footwear and refurbish courts around the world. I actaully wouldn't mind seeing Under Armour make uniforms for the NBA. They have some good basketball shoes. Every body is always riding on Nike and Jordan Brands jock. I wear Nikes and Jordan Brand but I think its time for some new flavor.
    yea their shoes are pretty cool, pretty light. Not sure how durable they are though so I've stuck to what I know, on the same pair of Kobe 6s for like a year and a half. Before that wore Adidas mostly because of the fit.

the college jerseys are nice too. Auburn has them, pretty simple

these Maryland ones are legit too

by 2017 they may be a major player to get a sponsorship but you never know, these Chinese brands are rising fast, and a China sponsor would make the NBA a BOAT load of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Why is Adidas terrible?

Because of the OBNOXIOUS placement of their logo on the gear. The three stripes being boldly placed everywhere for the sake of it is jarring.

See all the terrible ASG outfits in recent years, team warm up suits, etc.
    Am I the only one that likes the three stripes on the NBA warm ups?