Added a 3 point shot
    Playoff experience

...I'll be surprised if he DOESN'T win it

Default Re: Prediction: Anthony Davis wins first MVP this season

Fmvp.

Banned

It would be a disappointment if he didn't

Durant coming off a severe injury.... new head coach, probably won't be going all out in the regular season, Westbrook as his second option hogging all the stats on terrible efficiency

It'd be hilarious if big dick James decided to win it though. Because ultimately, if LeBron wants the MVP.. he's gonna win it. It's that simple.

Davis can't take over a game in the 4th quarter. People wanna see that 'willing your team to victory' shit you see from Durant and LeBron. CONSISTENTLY.

Davis compiles his stats in the flow of the game, but when that shit slows down in the 4th, he's just another body out there on offense. You can't just give him the ball and say "win it for us Anthony!"

He doesn't have it like that.

As said, a healthy and more-motivated-than-ever Kevin Durant would have to be a favorite to win it. His season-long health remains as a dubious question mark, however, and while I expect Davis to earn recognition as the BITW midway through this upcoming season, I'm not sure if he will be the front-running fallback candidate for MVP—mainly due to team-associated results.

His supporting cast will need to overachieve, and while newly hired Alvin Gentry may help instigate it offensively, Gentry-coached teams have typically suffered on defense. Considering they already had bottom-feeding defensive ratings last year, they won't have the personnel (outside of DPoY candidate Davis) to cover up for their coach's (expectant) deficiencies on that end.

It's still possible for Davis to reach the customarily required 50-win mark to vie for serious MVP-voting consideration if he continues building on his stellar output last season; but unless Gentry applies what he learned about defense-coaching efficacy while co-coaching the top-10 defensive teams under Doc Rivers and Steve Kerr, the team's defense may suffer too much for the Pelicans to crack top-three playoff-seeding—the upper echelon of playoff-seeding that all MVP awardees have had in the past-two decades.

Depends if Big Dick James wants to win it or not

big d1ck james will win it.

Kobe Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia

Durant coming off a severe injury.... new head coach, probably won't be going all out in the regular season, Westbrook as his second option hogging all the stats on terrible efficiency

It'd be hilarious if big dick James decided to win it though. Because ultimately, if LeBron wants the MVP.. he's gonna win it. It's that simple.

Davis can't take over a game in the 4th quarter. People wanna see that 'willing your team to victory' shit you see from Durant and LeBron. CONSISTENTLY.

Davis compiles his stats in the flow of the game, but when that shit slows down in the 4th, he's just another body out there on offense. You can't just give him the ball and say "win it for us Anthony!"

Dominated the Thunder and hit 2 clutch free throws + the game winner over Durant
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtHZFAJ2mh4

Vaniiiia is soft
    Last edited by StrongLurk; 09-25-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Just ask yourself...

Will the Pelicans be a top 4 seed and in position to have homecourt in the playoffs?

If so, he'll have a great chance, if not he has no chance.

I would be shocked if they actually end up as a top 4 seed in this conference so I'm pretty sure he won't win it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Dominated the Thunder and hit 2 clutch free throws + the game winner over Durant
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtHZFAJ2mh4

Vaniiiia is soft
    Such a predictable response.

I said consistently you f[COLOR="Black"]agg[/COLOR]ot.

What's next, you're gonna tell me Derrick Rose is a clutch God because he banked in a game winner at the buzzer against the Cavs?

Come up with something original.. this is like the 4th time someones responded to me with this garbage. Your 5th grade mind is barely enough to get my attention. You think I'm soft yet I don't know anything about you. And it's gonna stay that way.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I think people will be very disappointed when he doesn't end up being one of the best big men ever. The way the league is today he should be able to get at least one MVP with improvement and a continued disparagement of quality big men.

Prediction: Pelicans miss playoffs and people defend Davis using his team as scapegoats

I just don't see them winning enough games for him to be considered. Not really any of his fault though. Vaniiia pretty on the money with his comment. Davis is essentially KG (which is sick!).

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Just ask yourself...

Will the Pelicans be a top 4 seed and in position to have homecourt in the playoffs?

If so, he'll have a great chance, if not he has no chance.

I would be shocked if they actually end up as a top 4 seed in this conference so I'm pretty sure he won't win it.
    Yeah, I don't know why people think Anthony Davis even has a chance at winning MVP.

His team will be a 6-8 seed. Zero chance of winning MVP unless a blockbuster trade happens and they acquire some major talent for cheap... which isn't going to happen.

Such a predictable response.

I said consistently you f[COLOR="Black"]agg[/COLOR]ot.

What's next, you're gonna tell me Derrick Rose is a clutch God because he banked in a game winner at the buzzer against the Cavs?

Come up with something original.. this is like the 4th time someones responded to me with this garbage. Your 5th grade mind is barely enough to get my attention. You think I'm soft yet I don't know anything about you. And it's gonna stay that way.

Stalkerforlife a pedo

Ya know, you actually have a thing for getting Ethered.
    Who do you like more, Lebron or Durant.

37/60 in the clutch last 5 minutes
    16/24 in the clutch last 2 minutes
    11/16 in the clutch last minute
    6/7 in the clutch last 24 seconds
    3/4 in last 24 seconds to tie or take the lead

and 1/1 from 3