Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Default Re: Shaq Statue Before Kobe's?

Kews1 /you're making legit arguments for things like MVP awards, allstar games or other accolades given by media or a voting group.

A statue in front of Staples is not about those things at all.

Kobe is head and shoulders above Shaq in terms of fan favorite in LA, he's also much more beloved by the Buss family who will be erecting the statue someday

You keep trying to turn this into a debate that's not there to be made. Probably because you're not a Laker fan so you're looking at it from the outside. You have no dog in the fight so that skews how you think the fight should take place

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    like I said already... I couldnt give sh*t if kobe or shaq ever get statue at all..

just here to remind you all that Shaq is better and ya cant reach 5 titles without the first 3 (which Shaq carried his team to)..

If kobe fans dont like that fact? i dont care It is what is...
    This has got to be the dumbest most illogical point you can bring up. Kobe helped bring the Lakers 5 titles, Shaq helped bring the Lakers 3 titles. At the end of the day Kobe has been a Laker his entire career and could possibly go down as the greatest Laker. Acting like it's some travesty for Kobe to get a statue before Shaq is absolutely nothing but blind hate.

Quote Originally Posted by magictricked
    Kews1 /you're making legit arguments for things like MVP awards, allstar games or other accolades given by media or a voting group.

A statue in front of Staples is not about those things at all.

Kobe is head and shoulders above Shaq in terms of fan favorite in LA, he's also much more beloved by the Buss family who will be erecting the statue someday

You keep trying to turn this into a debate that's not there to be made. Probably because you're not a Laker fan so you're looking at it from the outside. You have no dog in the fight so that skews how you think the fight should take place
    Since i dont have a dog in the fight im just saying how it should be. Both should have statues. Obviously i know Kobe means more to the franchise than Shaq and through my comments ive shown that. All i was saying is that Shaq SHOULD have one. Then people said he shouldnt have one at all and i was merely showing that he should in fact have a statue. I dont believe i said he should have one over Kobe, as i said the whole time i didnt even think Shaq would get one as i understand the dynamic between Shaq and the franchises leaders.

Local High School Star

Shaq's not getting a statue dude. Kobe almost certainly will one day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    it should be placed outside of an in-n-out before staples center.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Shaq is not getting a statue c'mon now. Can't believe some people are saying he's more deserving than Kobe, wow!

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1
    Since i dont have a dog in the fight im just saying how it should be. Both should have statues. Obviously i know Kobe means more to the franchise than Shaq and through my comments ive shown that. All i was saying is that Shaq SHOULD have one. Then people said he shouldnt have one at all and i was merely showing that he should in fact have a statue. I dont believe i said he should have one over Kobe, as i said the whole time i didnt even think Shaq would get one as i understand the dynamic between Shaq and the franchises leaders.
    If Shaq doesn't get a statue it's his own damn fault. You don't curse out your boss, act unprofessionally and then burn your bridges on your way out of town and expect people to kiss your ass like it's candy.