Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Who stood out to you in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Denver already has Lawson. Wroten and Lawson wouldn't work well together.

Quincy Miller is talented but his athleticism is well below average for the NBA, which makes his ceiling low.

I'm also shocked PJ3 went so low. The Celtics notoriously pick up guys with personality issues. Considering even Boston passed on PJ3, the dude must be a major project.

miller is coming off acl surgery, so he may gain some of his HS athleticism back, that he didnt show in college

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    If Indy didn't buy Orlando Johnson I'd be shitting in a bag and sending it to Bird's house right now. I still want to. Plumlee in the 1st is unforgivable. The dude ****ing blows.

I had him going in the 2nd but I remember asking myself who might take him in the 1st and the first team I thought of was Indiana.

I actually like the MKG pick for the Bobcats based from what I've heard about him. Thomas Robinson would have been the instant gratification pick, but they're thinking both long term in getting hard working winners who'll help improve the chemistry and culture of a losing team and a guy who in 2-3 years could be a very good player. In a draft where there's no obvious pick after the #1 then I think it was the best choice to make.

Wait wait wait, Royce White is afraid of flying and he got drafted by the ROCKETS???

Thought Boston did really well...

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    I personally hated what Houston did. Their roster is full of good role players but they don't have star. They already really deep and they need to trade at least 3 guys for 1 much better player IMO. For some teams (like a team with a star or two) it'd make a lot of sense to add three mid-level players, but not for a team full of like 10 mid level players...
    Where have you been all week? What do you think they were/are trying to do?

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Philly easily I think..

Hark and Moults are both going to be very, very good players, maybe not all stars but solid starters...

I love the Celts snagging Sullinger, but face palmed when they took Melo, what were they thinking??? Absolute Crab..

Learning to shoot layups

The teams that did the best were the teams that did not panic and kept their picks without making too much noise in the trade talks.

Winners

Detroit - For the 3rd time in a row they see a guy fell into their hands. First Monroe, then Knight and now Drummond. For the 9th pick, Drummond is a damn good value for Detroit and they have a nice young core.

OKC - They got a lottery talent with the 28th pick.
    Maynor / Harden / Jones / Collison / Aldrich is probably better than a few starting lineups in the NBA. The depth is off the charts for OKC now.

Boston - for picks in the 20s, they got very good value. I think both Sullinger and Melo will be developed properly in Boston.

Losers

Houston - For a team that was screaming Howard, Josh Smith, 2nd pick and 5th pick, getting 2 more PFs and a SG was not great at all.
    They have 7 PFs in the roster right now plus Motiejunas in Europe. The picks were not bad, but the fit couldn't be worse.

Cavs - They had the 4th, 24th, 33th and 34th pick and all they could do was Waiters and Zeller. MEH

Indiana - Could have got Jones with the pick but instead they reached for a late 2nd round pick talent. The worst pick in the 1st round by far.

Pretty obvious the Cavs and Pacers messed up the most.

Teams like Houston and Toronto may have made blunders, but their moves have justification depending on the future.