Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: San Antonio Spurs: For Old Time Sake | 2k13 Association

clippersfan86.com/articles/clippers-will-win-vs-spurs

The Spurs have no chance against the Clippers.

Both teams have started the season off 4-0 and tonight the Clippers will extend it to 5-0 while the Spurs will go to 4-1. I watched the Oklahoma/San Antonio game and was severly unimpressed by SA. First off, the only reason they won that game is lucky three pointers. I think that's their best three point performance they'll see in the next five years. They were completely inept at guarding Westbrook as he slashed, and Chris Paul will do the same tomorrow to the slow defense.

Yes, I said it, slow defense. The Spurs are an old team who can't keep up with the pace of the Clippers. Lob City is going to run them out of the building with their pace. The only guy on the Spurs starting lineup that is as fast as any of the Clippers starters is Kawhi Leonard and I have reason to believe he's a steroid abuser and will be gone from the league in about two years.

Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili have been nothing special this season. I'll take my chances in saying that if they suck it up tomorrow and force Leonard and Parker to carry the load again it'll be game, set, and match. It's not like Tim Duncan has a chance against Blake Griffin anyways, who is the best two-way power forward in the NBA right now.

The Clippers defend against the Spurs very well, due to athletic advantage. Tony Parker will not be able to break down any sort of Clippers defense if he tries to penetrate. Without him this team is just a 40 year old washed up Tim Duncan and a bunch of spot up shooters who can't create a shot if their lives depended on it. Add in some roleplaying bigs who have no ability on the court except height and weight, and this game is a recipie for disaster for Gregg Popovich.

I predict the Clippers win by at least 12 points.

Banned

gay

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Thank you for appreciating my satire.

I don't plan on updating anything on this thread today. I might quickly do up the clippers game preview.

I will update the standings at the end of this ingame week, as well as some other stuff on the frontpage. I think I'll do a sort of around the league thing per month, we'll see what I can think up in that department.

Suggestions are really appreciated. I have a pretty good rough idea of how I want this all to run but there's room for more (relative to what I have the ability to do).

Cool thread, keep it up.

I'm going to play the Clippers game now but I don't feel like doing a preview. I hope that's quite alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    I'm going to play the Clippers game now but I don't feel like doing a preview. I hope that's quite alright.
    just make a post game reaction by clippersfan86

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    just make a post game reaction by clippersfan86
    that sounds fair.

Correct date is November 7th, 2012.

POTG: Kawhi Leonard

Recap:
    With their 96-88 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers Wednesday night, the San Antonio Spurs remain undefeated on the season.

Largely in part due to Kawhi Leonard stepping up so far this season, he had another fantastic nights scoring 20 points and adding 3 rebounds and 2 steals.

"We're playing our style right now at our pace and it's going exactly as planned, undefeated so far," Leonard said post-game.

Chris Paul led the Clippers solidly and almost helped pull off the comeback in the fourth quarter (Clippers outscored Spurs 31-22 in the 4th), but it wasn't all there for the Clippers.

"Making mistakes down the stretch is problematic against this team, we've learned from previous meetings. Their ability to start games so well this season has left other teams to go back to the drawing board and now we're in that category as well." Paul commented after the game. He had 15 points, 11 assists, and 6 rebounds in the loss.

Tim Duncan had a quiet night with just 3 points (1-3) and 4 rebounds in 20 minutes, but Tiago Splitter stepped up in his place. Splitter scored a season high 11 points and pulled down 8 rebounds (another season high) in just 13 minutes of play.

"Given touches and great looks from my teammates tonight helped me play this well. I hope to stay in this groove for our upcoming games," Splitter said.

Splitter also helped the Spurs bench outscore the Clippers 33-19.

These two teams will meet again later this month on the 19th in San Antonio.

clippersfan86.com/articles/ginobili-flop-artist

Manu Ginobili is the dirtiest player in NBA history

It was hard for me to watch last night's game when the Spurs came to town. One would assume it was due to the loss, but no. I'm sick of watching Manu flop his way around the league and get away with it. His play last night nearly brought me to the point of vomiting. The referees turn a blind eye as he throws cheap elbows and grabs the necks of other players violently, yet whenever he decides to fly to the ground like a Hollywood actor, they blow that whistle all day long.

I was very sad when the Spurs extended his contract a short while ago. I was hoping he would just fade into obscurity somewhere in Europe, but those dumbasses thought it'd be good to degrade the quality of basketball for one more year.

You all sicken me.

Banned

Here's the perspective of another Clippers fan on this game

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...74#post8428779

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    i really miss when fouls were called when players got knocked to the ground
    it's okay. superstars win in the playoffs, not systems. clippers win in 6 games at max.
    i hope whoever stole papabitch's chain buries it in the ocean without swimtrunks. bitch.
    slim dunk >>> timmy dunc

Banned

lmao

lmao
    Clippers should learn how to play their bench and not play Grant Hill at PF.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Clippers should learn how to play their bench and not play Grant Hill at PF.
    forreal it's ridiculous how highly rated he is