Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Would Bulls fans trade Derrick Rose for LeBron James if they had the chance?

Until lebron proves he is a winner why would they?

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Would Bulls fans trade Derrick Rose for LeBron James if they had the chance?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    All that super talent, great PER rating has gotten LBJ quite a few rings eh?
    that's why I said it's BS..

Local High School Star

it depends on how much you value intangibles i guess. Rose seems to have them in spades.

In terms of talent, its Lebron clearly.. but you really do have to think very hard before pulling off a trade like this. There's a lot of posters on here that question Lebron's character at 26 years old and yet.. almost everyone on here knows what Rose is all about.

Just to play devil's advocate though.. Lebron was playing like this in his breakout season in 2009. I have never seen him as focused since that season. So, if the Bulls lose this year, how will Rose respond? Will he keep charging at full speed like this year or will he take a step back?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    it depends on how much you value intangibles i guess. Rose seems to have them in spades.

In terms of talent, its Lebron clearly.. but you really do have to think very hard before pulling off a trade like this. There's a lot of posters on here that question Lebron's character at 26 years old and yet.. almost everyone on here knows what Rose is all about.

Just to play devil's advocate though.. Lebron was playing like this in his breakout season in 2009. I have never seen him as focused since that season. So, if the Bulls lose this year, how will Rose respond? Will he keep charging at full speed like this year or will he take a step back?
    If the Bulls don't make it to the Finals this year, they'll win the next three. That's the kind of player Rose is.

Decent playground baller Jordan23GOAT's Avatar

Well with the fact that Lebron can run point. The team would do it right away. That's the scary part. I'm glad that my fellow fans wouldn't.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    how the hell has rose proven his a winner?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    how the hell has rose proven his a winner?
    He hasn't.

And i still LOL at the idea that Lebron hasn't proven he's a winner. Look what he did in Cleveland. He turned a 17 win team into a finals team, the team that came closest to beating the future champs in 08, and then two back to back 60 plus win seasons.

All while not having a good 2nd option or a quality team.

No superstar perimeter player has ever won anything with a team comparable to those Cavs.

Only Hakeem and Duncan have won titles with comparable talent. Thats it.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    If the Bulls don't make it to the Finals this year, they'll win the next three. That's the kind of player Rose is.
    lol wtf? they dont win this year but thy will win the next three lol.

change ur name to joyner. jr

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

This is like asking if you would trade Wade for Kobe in 06..

Wade was the up and coming superstar and Kobe is THE SUPERSTAR.. but was still under criticism.. and hasn't proven anything individually.. in terms of winning.

I know you would bring up Kobe's 3 rings at that time..

But him and LeBron had diff. situations.. with all due respect to Kobe..

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

No..... not a chance.

And this question was posed to Bulls fans on the Bulls board back when Lebron was a free agent. The question asked, "would you trade DRose for Lebron straight up". And overwhelmingly the response was "NO". And from what I recall, that sentiment was unanimous - not a single person wanted that trade.

Quite simply: Drose is a winner.

Rose has has won big at every level. Dude won 4 grade school championships, a HS freshman championship and then "back to back" state championships in HS. Then took Memphis to the championship game. And now what he is doing for the Bulls speaks for itself.

Bron is a great player but no, we keep Rose.

Last edited by TheTruth11; 04-08-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Rose.

Lebron is not the right fit for Chicago ( the organization and the city).

I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Ditto. + Rose is younger

College star

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    No..... not a chance.

And this question was posed to Bulls fans on the Bulls board back when Lebron was a free agent. The question asked, "would you trade DRose for Lebron straight up". And overwhelmingly the response was "NO". And from what I recall, that sentiment was unanimous - not a single person wanted that trade.

Quite simply: Drose is a winner.

Rose has has won big at every level. Dude won 4 grade school championships, a freshman championship and then back to back championships in HS. Then took Memphis to the championship game. And now what he is doing for the Bulls speaks for itself.

Bron is a great player but no, we keep Rose.
    i love the double standard, lebron has 3 hs state titles, his led his team to the nba finals but supposedly his not a winner, while mr. rose led his team to a championship game in the ncaa and he is a winner. lets not act like lebron hasn't done what rose is doing with a crappier roster.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harion
    just last summer, Bulls were courting Lebron, so

Yeah, to pair him up WITH Rose, not replace Rose.

High School Starter DRose.IS.da.MAN's Avatar

fuclk no, Rose has a killer instict, hes clutch, winner, team player, humble, younger.

LeBrons a choker, loser, weak mentality, stat padder