Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Nick Galis: "Euroleague Scrub" That Scored 50 points In A Game Against Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by taucesays
    The 72-10 Bulls were 2-2 against the Pacers in the regular season. Therefore Reggie Miller = Michael Jordan...

You are a perfect example of a stat scout. You know nothing about basketball. You are either a glutton for punishment or mentally handicapped. Keep it coming though. It's some of the only entertainment we get in absence of the NBA season.
    You are a perfect example of a troll.

Default Re: Nick Galis: "Euroleague Scrub" That Scored 50 points In A Game Against Michael Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    His coach?

If that statement holds a lot

Why the heck

Galis Jersey is not retired

Well

Galis never made it to the Big Dance

Terry Dehere did.

The scrub who can't cut it with Clips

LMAO

Seton Hall Athletic Hall of Fame

"Nicholas Galis (1991, Basketball, 70

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Nick Galis: "Euroleague Scrub" That Scored 50 points In A Game Against Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You are a perfect example of a troll.

Good college starter

Default Re: Nick Galis: "Euroleague Scrub" That Scored 50 points In A Game Against Michael Jo

[QUOTE=Euroleague]Seton Hall Athletic Hall of Fame

"Nicholas Galis (1991, Basketball, 70

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    You don't understand the difference between official competition at the second highest level where there is a lot at stake, and a friendly game of a professional team against college kids? Aaalrighty then...
    Or maybe you don't understand the difference between a completely indifferent friendly game and a game when a new, young National team tries to prove itself and is tested against teams with a level they rarely see. Friendly game, despite meaning nothing official, does not mean a walk in the park. You honestly think a strong team like UNC or Jordan (aka, arguably most competitive player ever) did not give a damn if they saw one player torch them?
    BTW, you may not know it, but when it comes to National Team records (scoring, rebounding, appearances, etc), friendly games and tournaments are also counted.

I said prime, not 'absolute prime'. Nice freestyle extrapolation of what I said. If you don't think Galis was at the start of his prime in 1982, or Jordan was at the start of his prime in 1987, then I don't know what to say.
    Uh, elite players without major injuries stay at a level we can call "prime" for a whole decade or even more.
    If you watch him play in both his 1982 and his 1987 versions, you'll know which one is better and more complete. His 1982 one is quicker, more mobile and had a little better vertical. His 1987 version was just more complete. It's roughly like comparing 1986 Hakeem to 1994 Hakeem or '94 Shaq to 2000 Shaq.

You must really despise Greek basketball if you think a player, who is not even close to his prime, can average 44 points there.

And you must really think Jordan is god, if you think he was an MVP candidate in the NBA at a time when he was not even close to his prime at all.
    This is why I said "absolute" prime. Peak. Nowhere did I say "not even close".

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Uh, elite players without major injuries stay at a level we can call "prime" for a whole decade or even more.
    If you watch him play in both his 1982 and his 1987 versions, you'll know which one is better and more complete. His 1982 one is quicker, more mobile and had a little better vertical. His 1987 version was just more complete. It's roughly like comparing 1986 Hakeem to 1994 Hakeem or '94 Shaq to 2000 Shaq.

This is why I said "absolute" prime. Peak. Nowhere did I say "not even close".
    Exactly. I said he was in his prime. I never said he was at his peak. So now you are basically saying that I was initially correct in saying Galis was in his prime in 1982 and you shouldn't have argued against it? Fine, I agree.

Exactly. I said he was in his prime. I never said he was at his peak. So now you are basically saying that I was initially correct in saying Galis was in his prime in 1982 and you shouldn't have argued against it? Fine, I agree.
    You and I value "prime" a little differently. I'm not sure I'd equate prime with "dominance period". If I did, I should call practically his whole career his prime, yet, it's clearly absurd to compare his 24-year old version to his 32-year old one. If you want to go by pure stats or athletic ability, fine, name this his prime. But I remind you, if you enter a Shaq thread and claim that a "prime Shaq" was swept by the Pacers in '94 or that he missed the playoffs in '93, you'll get in trouble by Shaq fans, since you'd consider Shaq's prime to be the whole '93-'05 period (and similarly, Hakeem's prime to be '85-'96, K.Malone's prime to be '88-'00 etc).

Something more to consider: The 1981 (44 ppg season) or 1982 Greek leagues were significantly weaker than the 1987 or 1990 versions, especially the 1990 one. Don't think that just a few years can't make a difference in a small country. That's partially why the 1981 or 1982 Greek NT was a mediocre team and the '87-'90 team was at least among the best in Europe.

Banned

Nick Galis, the first American scrub to migrate to Euroleague and become a superstar.

Anthony Parker, Nate Huffman, Jordan Farmar, Bobby Brown and Sonny Weems are all eternally greatful to the great American born American trained Nick Galis

How does a player like Vassilis Spanoulis go from being top player in the Euroleague to doing so bad in the NBA?

[QUOTE=LBJFTW]How does a player like Vassilis Spanoulis go from being top player in the Euroleague to doing so bad in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    It's on a player to player basis. Some Euroleague stars like Scola, Anthony Parker, Prigioni, etc...become solid NBA role players/back-ups. With Spanoulis he was one of those players who believed that since they were a star in Europe they should be respected like stars in the NBA.
    Ginobili even became a star in his own right, although I guess he's the only true example of that.

Ginobili even became a star in his own right, although I guess he's the only true example of that.
    Oh yeah I forgot about him. He is the only example of a player who was a star in Euroleague and came over and became a star in the NBA.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Oh yeah I forgot about him. He is the only example of a player who was a star in Euroleague and came over and became a star in the NBA.
    He is the only example if you don't consider players like Stojakovic , Gasol , Kirilenko or Petrovic stars , there are players that are playing better in NBA than in Euroleague but aren't considered stars like Pekovic ( I think he is top 5 C and because of that consider him a star but you probably wouldn't agree if I said he is a star ) , Rubio , Dragic etc. and you have players that play just as good in EL and NBA like Shved for example . Spanoulis could play in NBA just as good as in EL ( don't know if that would be good enough to be considered a star ) but unlike Pekovic he doesn't want to wait for a chance while players he's better than are playing .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    He is the only example if you don't consider players like Stojakovic , Gasol , Kirilenko or Petrovic stars , there are players that are playing better in NBA than in Euroleague but aren't considered stars like Pekovic ( I think he is top 5 C and because of that consider him a star but you probably wouldn't agree if I said he is a star ) , Rubio , Dragic etc. and you have players that play just as good in EL and NBA like Shved for example . Spanoulis could play in NBA just as good as in EL ( don't know if that would be good enough to be considered a star ) but unlike Pekovic he doesn't want to wait for a chance while players he's better than are playing .
    Once again, gabepizza is a troll. Why do you even bother? The guy is a liar and a troll. Remember he was saying Pekovic could never play in the NBA, then that he would never be more than a 3rd string player.

Then when he got to play he said, "it's only because he finally had real coaches in the NBA and they made him improve by leaps and bounds."

This guy gabepizza is a ****ing dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Stojakovic, Gasol and Kirilenko all came to the NBA very young, years before they reached basketball maturity. Same goes for those lesser players, players who come to the NBA as high prized prospects don't really count. I'm talking about players who are supposed to be in their prime.

So that's a different situation. I'm talking about a guy like Ginobili who was an established superstar in Europe for years before he came to the NBA. The only other guy like that is Petrovic I guess, although the sample size with him is too small.

Pekovich is a question mark at this point, but he might get there also.