Page 136 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3686126133134135136137138139146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2487
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default De'Aaron Fox

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AXe4prvAhyo

If we get the number 2 pick, we have to take this guy. Screw Lonzo Ball. De'Aaron Fox is a future NBA MVP.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Offseason | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Same thing about Boston though, I think he's perfect next to IT bec he can distribute while IT worries only about scoring and defending just PGs.
    Again, I am very confused on why Fultz is getting so much attention when he failed to atleast make his team have a decent record.
    If he's that good and talented, he'll will his team to victories, using the full extent of his God given abilities and make a serious impact like Lonzo is doing. UCLA as bad last year not really good this year.
    There's been plenty of good NBA players that were on teams that didn't make the tournament. Look who went #1 last year.

Uhhhh... Lakers only half game behind Suns.. Not good, not good at all... Sh*t. If we get 3rd pick then we cannot get Ball or Fultz. And chance of top 3 pick also drops. Discouraging...

If we lose our pick to Philly, we are truly screwed big time...

NBA lottery pick

It would set the organization back years if they lose that pick.

Let's say we do get 3rd pick and don't get Ball or Fultz, who should be the 3rd option? You guys still thinking Josh Jackson? Fox?

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    There's been plenty of good NBA players that were on teams that didn't make the tournament. Look who went #1 last year.
    Jury is still out on Ben Simmons, we don't know exactly if he's really going to be that good besides there's a difference between a team that don't make the tournament and a team that has an aweful record. I understand high celiing/ potential but being in a failed team is a concern for me cuz it can mean a lack of will and/or pride. Fultz' team actually had a better record before he joined the team than when he's with the team and I find this fact too disturbing
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 03-27-2017 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Let's say we do get 3rd pick and don't get Ball or Fultz, who should be the 3rd option? You guys still thinking Josh Jackson? Fox?
    I'd go with Josh Jackson, and not even think twice. I wasn't very high on Jackson, but his play in the tournament got me rewatching a couple of his other games, and this kid probably has the highest floor of all lotto players while having the third best ceiling (behind Ball & Markkanen, but that's just me).

In all reality, I'd probably try to drop down to about the 6-8 range and go with Markkanen/Monk/Fox/Smith and whatever other asset I can get my hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I'd go with Josh Jackson, and not even think twice. I wasn't very high on Jackson, but his play in the tournament got me rewatching a couple of his other games, and this kid probably has the highest floor of all lotto players while having the third best ceiling (behind Ball & Markkanen, but that's just me).

In all reality, I'd probably try to drop down to about the 6-8 range and go with Markkanen/Monk/Fox/Smith and whatever other asset I can get my hands on.
    Unless if we can get Ball, I think I would trade down couple picks as well to get assets in return.

If truth be told, we may be better off trading the pick altogether for Paul George rather than going through with it.. We don't have a sure thing with any of them like with George.. I just don't know if Indy would do it if we throw on Clarkson and someone else. Still, let's just see what pick we get in lottery first

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Unless if we can get Ball, I think I would trade down couple picks as well to get assets in return.

If truth be told, we may be better off trading the pick altogether for Paul George rather than going through with it.. We don't have a sure thing with any of them like with George.. I just don't know if Indy would do it if we throw on Clarkson and someone else. Still, let's just see what pick we get in lottery first
    Would Indy just accept the pick though, and I'm not sure they would be as high on Clarkson as expected, probably would want Ingram (which, I wouldn't do if I were the Lakers with #3, maybe if #3 was dealt down and the extra asset remained with the Lakers?). Here's an out of this world scenario that'll never happen, but what the hey:

Nets Out: Brook Lopez, 2019 2nd Round Pick
    Nets In: Timofey Mozgov, Jordan Clarkson, Lakers Second (#32)
    -No brainer for Brooklyn. They take on Mozgov, but get a guard they can showcase to win some games and a high second to try to hit a grand slam with a young guy.

Pacers Out: Paul George, Monta Ellis, Pacers Second (#47)
    Pacers In: Minnesota First (#8), Brandon Ingram, Shabazz Muhamad, Nikola Pekovic, Nets 2019 2nd
    -If they feel George is leaving, this would be a perfect package. Ingram has potential, Bazz can score and #8 can still net a decent player (Monk? Leaf? Markannen? Smith? Fox?). Dump Ellis in the process as Pekovic is an expirer who can medically retire.

Wolves Out: Nikola Pekovic, Kris Dunn, Minnesota First (#8), Shabazz Muhammed, Jordan Hill
    Wolves In: #3, Luol Deng
    -Tom T has reportedly been interested in Deng, and the Wolves value Jackson real high, taking on Deng's albatross contract to move up five spots.

Lakers Out: Brandon Ingram, Luol Deng, Timofey Mozgov, Jordan Clarkson, Lakers First (#3), Rockets First (#28)
    Lakers In: Paul George, Brook Lopez, Kris Dunn, Jordan Hill, Pacers Second (#47)
    -Lakers hit a reset button on Mozgov and Deng, which does cost them Ingram, Clarkson and the third pick, but they do get back Paul George and Brook Lopez. Everyone knows how good George is, but Lopez is still a serviceable big man. Dunn is a decent point guard prospect and the Pacers second can still notch them something decent along with the Houston pick. Jordan Hill was also a fan favorite. I'd take Terrence Ferguson with the Rockets pick (or Josh Hart, a low ceiling vet that has a higher floor than most). With the Indy second, I go with Frank Mason/Nigel Williams-Goss

Roster:
    PG: D'Angelo Russell | Kris Dunn | Mason/Goss
    SG: Nick Young | Ferguson/Hart |
    SF: Paul George | David Nwaba | Corey Brewer
    PF: Julius Randle | Larry Nance Jr. | Jordan Hill
    CE: Brook Lopez | Ivica Zubac | Tarik Black

Looks pretty decent heading into next year, will definitely be a side fighting for the playoffs. If you let BroLo walk, you open up enough for a max and a decent amount for another FA as well.

But hey, I know most here will hate it.

NBA lottery pick

There's no way all those trades happen lol. There's part of me that thinks the Lakers aren't going to try to trade for George. They probably think they can get him in free agency if they are patient. Or the closer it gets to the deadline the Pacers will be forced to give him up for less if they think he's going to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    There's no way all those trades happen lol. There's part of me that thinks the Lakers aren't going to try to trade for George. They probably think they can get him in free agency if they are patient. Or the closer it gets to the deadline the Pacers will be forced to give him up for less if they think he's going to walk.
    Ha, yeah, I know, just was bored and buzzed.

I would do Clarkson/Mozgov/2nd for BroLo either way though

Ha, yeah, I know, just was bored and buzzed.

I would do Clarkson/Mozgov/2nd for BroLo either way though
    Hmmmm, nah. I wouldn't give up #2 pick for Lopez if I can get Ball..

I would consider giving up Russell for Lopez though...

Russell/Mozgov/future 1st round pick.. I'm not sold on Russell at 2-guard after his performance this season.. His shooting is way too streaky to play 2-guard + he is undersized and slow. I don't want Russell for SG, and he is too expensive for off the bench. Quite frankly, if I can land Lonzo Ball, I would part ways with Russell.

NBA lottery pick

Lopez is a guy who is going to give you about 70 games per season. I'm not sure I would part with that 2nd pick for him either. I'd rather just stick with the youth movement if that was the case.

2nd isn't the #2 overall pick, it's a 2nd round pick

2nd isn't the #2 overall pick, it's a 2nd round pick
    That won't get it done then. Mozgov is already on a crappy deal, 2nd rounder/Clarkson are not enough for Nets if they give up Lopez.