Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Andre Drummond 20/20 watch: 25 points 23 rebounds 5 mins to go 4th quarter

Just because I'm a fan of gaudy early season stats, Andre Drummond's numbers through his team's first four games:

20.3 points, 19.5 rebounds

High School Starter

Default Re: Andre Drummond 20/20 watch: 25 points 23 rebounds 5 mins to go 4th quarter

how did they lose?
    drummond had a gazillion OFFENSIVE BOARDS and shot a high percentage?
    shooting percentage between teams were similar too..odd and pacers win by 12? WTF
    He also had 3 steals pretty good

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15
    how did they lose?
    shooting percentage between teams were similar too..odd and pacers win by 12? WTF
    Being an isolated island in an large ocean of pauperism

how did they lose?
    Starters went to the bench with an 8 point lead. The second unit came in for the first 9 minutes or so of the 2nd quarter, and put up ZERO points. We went from an 8 point lead to a 14 point deficit. The Pistons were unable to recover as their shots never really fell for the rest of the night.

Andre did not have empty stats, just unfortunately the team has zero bench and the bench lost the lead and got in a big deficit while Dre was resting.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

finished 25 pts 29 boards which 11 were offensive

NBA Superstar

how did they lose?
    To add on to what others said, the Pistons carved out a 9-point lead in the first quarter and the bench proceeded to give up a 22-0 run. It happened so fast that Stan Van Gundy didn't really have time to get his starters back in quick enough.

By then, the tide had turned and the Pistons were playing catchup the rest of the night. Van Gundy benched a portion of his bench the rest of the way, which is why Drummond played an unusually high number of minutes (something lik 43).

Also, turnovers (season-high 23 for Detroit).

Man the Pistons needs to find a backup PG not named Steve Blake. That dude is pure garbage IMO. Dude can pass, but can't shoot even if his life depended on it.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit
    Man the Pistons needs to find a backup PG not named Steve Blake. That dude is pure garbage IMO. Dude can pass, but can't shoot even if his life depended on it.
    I'd give him a little more time. It seems pretty clear that he's caught up in a weird and awful shooting slump (2 of 17). Unfortunately, due to the concussion he sustained right off the bat in training camp, this is just his second week of basketball action (missed all but one preseason game).

I mean, there's a chance he's completely fallen off, with him being 35 years old and whatnot, but he's a 38 percent career shooter from deep and hit 35 percent last season. Assuming he's fully recovered from the concussion stuff, one would think he'd eventually start hitting once he finds his groove.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I'd give him a little more time. It seems pretty clear that he's caught up in a weird and awful shooting slump (2 of 17). Unfortunately, due to the concussion he sustained right off the bat in training camp, this is just his second week of basketball action (missed all but one preseason game).

I mean, there's a chance he's completely fallen off, with him being 35 years old and whatnot, but he's a 38 percent career shooter from deep and hit 35 percent last season. Assuming he's fully recovered from the concussion stuff, one would think he'd eventually start hitting once he finds his groove.
    Yeah I hear you on giving him more time, but have you seen his 3-point shot release? Its like he has no power to get the shot up, and its evident because all of his shots are short.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit
    Yeah I hear you on giving him more time, but have you seen his 3-point shot release? Its like he has no power to get the shot up, and its evident because all of his shots are short.
    Yep, I knew Steve Blake a lot less than I thought I did, because his release threw me for a loop when I first saw it. It almost looks like his left hand comes off the ball way early in the process, with a hitch to boot.

That said, with a summer off followed by missing training camp in its entirety (and nearly all of preseason), I have to imagine his legs are so out of shape right now. Thinking about it, he's kind of been playing the way I do after returning from injury. The easiest thing to do when you're trying to play back into shape is to dictate an offense and try to do the simple things (extra passes, create for others).

The toughest stuff to re-claim are the things that involve leg strength and athletic rhythm, namely jump shots and finishing at the rim. Kicking off the season as a 35 year old shooting 2 for 17 can probably create some psychological issues too, wondering if he's officially beyond the point of being able to contribute, etc.

But still, yeah, I'd still give him some time. Unfortunately, Spencer Dinwiddie looked awful last night as well. So I'm guessing we won't have many other options at this point.