Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Durant, Lebron and Kobe Playoff Gamewinners:

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    AWWW SHIIII, 3:30 AM!!
    Wake up early then nikka

Quote Originally Posted by avonbarksdale
    anyone who would give lebron the last shot before kobe is a bit retarded
    Those facts as you can see strongly suggest otherwise, infact they suggest that the opposite decision to yours would be more "retarded"...

The main reason Lebron hit more of his gamewinners than Kobe in playoffs is because he is/was better at creating/making higher percentage shots (shots closer to the basket) and prefers better shot selection... same difference with their actual scoring...

If you want a last second jumpshot you could probably go with Kobe if you wish as their shooting accuracy from the perimeter is pretty much equal lately... no significant difference...

But if there is enough time left on the shotclock... Lebron will more often than not take/make a higher percentage shot compared to Kobe (which gives you logically a better chance to win), he can also more willingly than Kobe pass to an entirely open guy to take a shot at his sweetspot (which gives you logically another greater chance to win)....
    Going by Kobes history in those situations Kobe thinks majority of time only "SHOOT!" (which is most often a lower percentage shot compared to what Lebron would do or sometimes even a very bad/very tough shot selection type of play, it does look pretty damn sweet and looks more impressive when it does go in though)...

This is where Durant comes in, Durant is A: he is a better jumpshooter than both Lebron/Kobe (from anywhere) and B: he is almost as good as Lebron with taking/making a higher percentage shot... and has excellent shot selection....

Compared to Lebron & Kobe Durant is supposed to be hitting gamewinning shots/clutch jumpshots more accurately based on this simple logic (and he is!).
    Last edited by pauk; 10-23-2012 at 12:19 AM.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Wake up early then nikka

What happens if I don't show up, do I just get the scraps lol? Will do my best to get up, day off work tomorrow so should be good. Try crank out some D3 to keep me up.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I love how when LeBron was in his first season with Miami and missed a bunch of clutch shots in a row throughout the course of the season, people went crazy and called him a choke artist. That stopped in the Playoffs after he went in against the Celtics and Bulls. Now when someone brings up a negative thing about Kobe, it doesn't matter and no one cares.
    Those shots from LeBron were so cold and shut everyone up. Especially Lebron and Dwade's comeback in Game 5 against the Bulls. .

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I can dig up some more players made/missed Gamewinners in playoffs if you are interested? Durant, Lebron & Kobe was just an obligatory starting point...
    Look up Dwyane Wade's.

Not the first time I've posted this, and it won't be the last. Old, but not totally out dated yet.

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/0...ds/#more-35626

[quote]On Friday night against the Utah Jazz, LeBron James put up one of those statlines where you would know it was him without even looking at the name attached to it: 35 points, 16-for-24 shooting, 10 rebounds, six assists, three blocks and no turnovers. Ridiculous, right? Too bad the Heat still lost the game by a point, and when LeBron passed out of a double team to a wide open Udonis Haslem for the potential game-winning shot

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

That's the wonder of statistics. Tweak it in a certain way and it'll fit your agenda perfectly.

The sad thing about Kobe stans passing this off is that if Kobe had an incredible % it would be bought up in every discussion.

That said I would probably still trust a prime Kobe with last shot, but the gap in selection between the three players is not as big as people would make it out to be. I'm semi interested in knowing melos record.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Not the first time I've posted this, and it won't be the last. Old, but not totally out dated yet.

this.

real working links and not some screen shot from someone on Excel.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13

What happens if I don't show up, do I just get the scraps lol? Will do my best to get up, day off work tomorrow so should be good. Try crank out some D3 to keep me up.
    It'll autopick based on yahoo rankings. You can make your own predraft rankings and as long as you make sure to set it to pick those in an autodraft situation it will base the picks off your rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    That's the wonder of statistics. Tweak it in a certain way and it'll fit your agenda perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

Those are basketball-reference single shots matching criteria... only regular season... and only past 2 seasons (more like almost 1 and a half).... and only 0:05 or less remaining...

Problem 1 - This nullifies the gamewinning/gametying shot you had with 0:06 left and above (which Lebron/Kobe did have, including misses)...

Problem 2 - This nullifies their entire career of total gamewinning/gametying shots...

Problem 3 - This nullifies the playoffs (and even if playoffs were included then problem #1 and #2 would also exist for it)

With other words, that there is absolutely useless unless you want to know exactly how everything looked like with those specific criterias (horrible criterias may i add)....
    Last edited by pauk; 10-23-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Those are basketball-reference single shots matching criteria... only regular season... and only past 2 seasons.... and only 0:05 or less remaining...

Problem 1 - This nullifies the gamewinning/gametying shot you had with 0:06 left and above...

Problem 2 - This nullifies their entire career of total gamewinning/gametying shots...

Problem 3 - This nullifies the playoffs (and even if playoffs were included then problem #1 and #2 would also exist for it)

With other words, that there is absolutely useless unless you want to know exactly how everything looked like with those specific criterias (horrible criterias may i add)....
    Or like Droid101, you're a Kobe stan. In that case it's not useless

Kobe went through a huge slump from 2002-2004, Lebron is likely to go through one as well. As a matter a fact he has not been that great. He's 1-6 on his last 7 attempts
    Last edited by G-Funk; 10-23-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    Look up Dwyane Wade's.
    I think all-time in the playoffs, Wade's 2-9 or 2-10. He did miss 1 against Boston in Game 4. I don't recall any other scenarios where he took an attempt.

I know he's been bad at converting those type of scenario shots... Then again, not a lot of players are.

College star

Out of those three, I rather have Durant with the ball in his hands in the waning moments of a game. And I think that's probably the consensus of most sensible basketball fans. No amount of statistical maneuvering will change that Pauk - Lebron, still after 9 years in the league, exhibits too much uncertainty in pressured moments. He altered that trajectory this past post-season in his favor, but I want to personally see that comfort, confidence, and certainty throughout multiple seasons - as illustrated by players like Melo, Chris Paul, ect - before I label someone 'the must clutch player in the league.'

From what I've seen the last 2 seasons, that title belongs to Durant. Lebron is still the better overall player, but give me Durant's formidable jumpshot over Lebron's shaky jumpshot in the final moments in a game.

I do agree that Kobe over the last 2-3 years has grown to be the least likely to make a gamewinning shot/play out of those three. Mostly due to a decline
    in ahleticism, inhibiting him to blow by his opponents, and lingering injuries to his fingers and wrist that negatively affect his ball handling skills.

Kobe was once the most clutch player in the league. Those were in his young years, his prime years, and his peak years. He's long removed from those years, and so is his hold on the "most clutch" title.