Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Here's a Weird Thing (DJ Hero)

So I remember when DJ Hero came out and a friend of mine bought it and I played it and it was pretty fun. It's a good game to boot and play a couple quick songs, just like any other rhythm game. But in no way was that shit worth $50 to me.

It's been 4 years. I figured it's be super cheap and easy to find. I've seen the game for like 2 bucks. All I need is a turntable. I went online and no body carries it anymore. Ebay turntables are well above what I'd be willing to pay. The best deal is a bundle with the game for 21 bucks. Gamestop lists theirs at 5 bucks but it's out of stock.

So did Activision pull their product? Was the game popular but not popular enough to keep making product, so over the course of 4 years the surplus was all bought up? I don't remember this being a big game. And they made a second one, I presume while also making more turntables. I want to assume that Activision just stopped making them and over 4 years they just got bought up, but here's the weird part: I was at Target yesterday and they had 3 bundles for $50. The product that I can find in stores is all at release price, but the game is years old.

It's kind of strange to me. Any similar stories you can think of? It's not a collectors' item, just hard to find.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Default Re: Here's a Weird Thing (DJ Hero)

I bought the DJ Hero 2 turntable and game bundle when it first came out for $100. A few months later it was $25. I enjoyed the hell out of it. I even picked up a copy of DJ Hero 1.

Just get the bundle you mentioned for $21.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: Here's a Weird Thing (DJ Hero)

I was able to find a wireless table w/ receiver, and both games for 20.