Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: If Lebron continues to play at this level

outside of his 2009 playoff run where the cavs lost to the magic, I don't see how Lebron is superior.

Whether I like it or not, LeBron has now gained confidence in his game in the Finals. Its actually really scary when you think about it. I always knew he could do it, I knew he could of done it with us, but he lacked confidence and now he has it.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Individual talent/skill/domination/production/stats wise Lebron has been better than any SF in NBA history, since a long while ago....... only thing Bird could do significantly better was shoot, Lebron does everything else better with the most significant part being defense..... Bird has a more accomplished career tho, hence the higher place on the rankings....
    It's posts like this that show the forum how little basketball knowledge you possess.

Unless Lebron wins a couple more championships its out of the question. Bird saved the NBA, Lebron made it into this big whore-fest for titles.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    How the fu*k is LeBron better than Bird Wow...

Using the rings and FMVP argument to prop up Bronzey, but Kobes 5 rings and 2 FMVPs dont count?? Good one

And dont give me the argument that Kobe rode shaq's coattails, LeBron left his team to join other superstars...

LeBron at best is top15. Unless he really dominates the next 6-7 years he is not moving up on that list. Hes had one decent season and a ton of embarassing letdowns and chokejobs. Better than Bird?

Only Kobe fans here think Lebron is just "top 15"

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Only Kobe fans here think Lebron is just "top 15"
    but he is top 15 right now. why is that wrong?
    only lebron stans think lebron is top 10, top 5, or GOAT right now.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    but he is top 15 right now. why is that wrong?
    only lebron stans think lebron is top 10, top 5, or GOAT right now.

They always act like he is barely top 15. Lebron is one ring or MVP away from knocking someone out of the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    They always act like he is barely top 15. Lebron is one ring or MVP away from knocking someone out of the top 10.
    ring: probably
    MVP: no

NBA Superstar

I'm not sure about all these rankings and whatnot, particularly in terms of who James will or will not be supplanting if he plays a certain way until he's 31, but it's clear to me he's an all-time great. I've felt that way for a long, long time. I think this is an easier conclusion for me to make since I do not allow team success to play very heavily in the rating of an individual player's skill. James has been the most effective, unique and excellent player I've witnessed in my adult life and while I'm not interested in stating whether he's better than Bird or worse than Magic, I'll just say I feel he's among them. He fits right in with the greatest players of all-time.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

I don't even think he's top 15 lol.

Top 5 as a talent , but when people start saying he's a ring away from knocking Hakeem out of the top 10 all I can do is cringe.Far less MVP, of all the piece of shit awards in the world....MVP.

MVP as an award disgusts me.

Shaq has one , Kobe has one Hakeem has one.

DERRICK ROSE has 1.
    STEVE NASH has 2.

KARL MALONE competing with JORDAN has 2,

Last edited by Rubio2Gasol; 08-20-2012 at 10:15 AM.

lots of good posts in this thread. Dude is definitely top 15.
    top talent for sure, but unless he joined up with another all time great, he was going to be ringless like malone. top 10 just because he stacked all odds n formed n super team as a coward??

his career achievement is far from those of the top 10. the way they won their ring, n nobody chocked like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    How the fu*k is LeBron better than Bird Wow...

Using the rings and FMVP argument to prop up Bronzey, but Kobes 5 rings and 2 FMVPs dont count?? Good one

And dont give me the argument that Kobe rode shaq's coattails, LeBron left his team to join other superstars...

LeBron at best is top15. Unless he really dominates the next 6-7 years he is not moving up on that list. Hes had one decent season and a ton of embarassing letdowns and chokejobs. Better than Bird?
    This.

It sickens me how quickly people forget.

LeBron simply isnt as good as Bird was. Bird was a better shooter, scorer, passer, rebounder, and leader.

Threads like these make me realize that most of my time here could be used for much better purposes like jerking off or something.

Lebron is number two on the all time SF chart(someone is going to say "What about Dr.J " and we have people on here outraged at the possibility of him passing Bird, the number one SF.

One question: Why?

People get passed, it happens dude.

I think he will, but people tend to overrate past players and gloss over their short comings.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Individual talent/skill/domination/production/stats wise Lebron has been better than any SF in NBA history, since a long while ago....... only thing Bird could do significantly better was shoot, Lebron does everything else better with the most significant part being defense..... Bird has a more accomplished career tho, hence the higher place on the rankings....

There's not really anything that Lebron could do "significantly better" than Bird though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    There's not really anything that Lebron could do "significantly better" than Bird though.
    That's not true.