Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

That trophy already has JJ's name on it. All he has to do is get the Hawks into the playoffs and put up his current numbers. Unfortunately he is hurt and we are dropping like a pigeon shot by a Daisy BB gun.

Good High School Starter lakers-city's Avatar

^

Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    The Suns look like the best team in the league and are on pace to win 55-60 games this season. Statistically, Nash has improved in every category except rebounding (Amare back to pick up the rebounding slack) from last season. If he can keep up these numbers or be close to it, should he be the MVP?

Take a look at his stats:

20.4 ppg
    11.6 apg
    2.9 rpg
    0.9 spg
    52.5 FG%
    49.4 3PT%
    90.0 FT%
    3.3 Assist-to-turnover ratio

Keep in mind though, that only 3 players have won the MVP award 3 years in a row, Bill Russell, Wilt, and Larry Bird, that's quite a company.

Out of all the MVP candidates, does Steve have the best chance to win the MVP or will he not get as much recognition as last year because of Amare's return? Do you think the voters would be reluctant to vote for him even if he really deserves it since he's won the last two? Discuss please.
    Umm no, if the season started Today, Melo is the MVP right now and dont rule out Boozer as a possibility

the season started over a month ago, and if the season were over today no one cares, the season isnt over today.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers-city
    the season started over a month ago, and if the season were over today no one cares, the season isnt over today.
    Which is why people shouldn't be talking about the MVP.

lol...its a figure of speach...duh...Im saying if Melo and Boozer continue to play at the level that they are at.....they should get strong consideration for MVP.

whats wrong I didnt mention Kobe as a MVP canidate?

well, im not the biggest kobe fan around so i dont care about that one bit, but honestly, yes, kobe is a far better candidate than carmelo anthony right now.

well, im not the biggest kobe fan around so i dont care about that one bit, but honestly, yes, kobe is a far better candidate than carmelo anthony right now.
    are you serious?

Melo is leading the league in scoring and shooting over 50 percent from the field plus...he dont have K-Mart and if you look at that entire team they shoudl be under .500 and not considered a playoff contender....Melo has stepped up and put the nuggets on his back....

I dont think that Kobe is a MVP canidate because he hasnt had to do much this year...its been the play of everyone else and the bench that has kept the lakers competitive....

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
    are you serious?

I dont think that Kobe is a MVP canidate because he hasnt had to do much this year...its been the play of everyone else and the bench that has kept the lakers competitive....
    so Michael did not deserve his MVPs in the 90's? His team won 55 games without him, and he didn't have to do that much more than Kobe now. (That's not saying that he's not better than Kobe, only the Bulls were about as much better as the Lakers now as MJ is better than Kobe)

you just described michael jordan and tim duncan when they won mvp, difference is kobe doesnt have pippen or an all-around team like duncan had.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

How the **** did this turn into an argument about who's better than Kobe and who's not?

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    so Michael did not deserve his MVPs in the 90's? His team won 55 games without him, and he didn't have to do that much more than Kobe now. (That's not saying that he's not better than Kobe, only the Bulls were about as much better as the Lakers now as MJ is better than Kobe)
    what I mean is...the lakers have guys who contributing and taking the pressure off of kobe...and plus kobe didnt need to dominate a game other than the 52 point game against the Jazz...plus, kobe's stats are low comming into this season...this might be due to the fack that hes comming off the injury. and you can tell that he is not at the level that hes usually at....

Jordan deserved MVP because he was dominate every night with a supporting cast...

and yes the Bulls won 50 + in 93-94 without him, we were bounced out of the palyoffs in the second round by....I dont even want to talk about it you know what happened....but I dont think that we would of beat the Pacers in the ECF or I dont think that we would of had a chance against the Rockets without Jordan..

you just described michael jordan and tim duncan when they won mvp, difference is kobe doesnt have pippen or an all-around team like duncan had.
    the players that you mentioned when they won MVP were dominate in the seasons that they played

kobe is on his way to win over 50 games easily, the difference would be ?

Banned

Default ...

the players that you mentioned when they won MVP were dominate in the seasons that they played
    In 96 Jordan put up 30/6/4/ which is great but not quite dominant stats, although he did dominate

Kobe could win if he goes 29/6/5 48.5% shooting, top 3 seed. But it isnt happening.